Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion

205 posts in this topic

Posted

You will inevitably see the hype and not be able to contain yourself. Just thinking realistically here.

Posted

So... the official Korean Pokemon site apparently leaked pictures of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino and:

XonwBmW.png

I think Slowbro's face says it all. You know when even Slowbro is questioning his existence that something is amiss. jk though, that face is still hilarious. It's more like when an animal realizes they done something incredibly stupid and now they have to deal with it.

T1g, Sahaqiel, Teto and 1 other like this

Posted

If there's a mega slowbrow, what possibility might there be of a mega slowking?

Posted

Slowbro is one of my favouritest Pokémon ever so I am very happy about this. I'm glad the Mega continues the lovable tradition of total hurrdurr that is the Slowpoke line :3 It's perfect. Mega Audino is super adorable as well, Normal/Fairy type!!! woop woop \o/

The Megas announced for this game are all really great so far, Mega Altaria especially. It looks SO CUDDLY... plus Dragon/Fairy hella. So much better than most of X/Y's... well except Salamence. who the hell thought that one up it ain't right I say.

Posted

"Shellder eating my tail gave me the power of bipedal movement and use of my fists.

Shellder eating my body means I now have to stand my entire weight balanced on the tip of my tail, I can't use my legs, and my arms' movements are ridiculously restricted. Also, I may be slowly digesting."

tbh it looks more like the Shellder mega-evolved to consume its host. Much like whatever is on Manectric's back has mega-evolved to consume its host.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Mega Slowbro looks dum. I guess he always looked dum, but he doesn't look "mega".

Posted

Yeah, it just looks like another evolution, but thinking about, some of them just look like another concept they could've gone for with the final evolution.

Posted

Mega Slowbro appears to be the logical conclusion to his line. It makes sense to me, even if it's not the coolest. And yeah, the "shellder" being the actual pokemon evolving makes perfect sense too. Remember Mega Kangaskhan? She didn't mega evolve, her child did. I hope more "host/parasite" pokemon follow this trend. Like Mantine with a Remoraid turning into a missal launcher kinda deal would be cool, since Mantine has a fighter jet theme.

Heres a question: do you think a pokemon who already has existing forme changes will ever get a mega evolution? Like, Deoxys already has 4 forms, if it could mega evolve, would just the original forme evolve, or would there be four mega evolutions? I'd say probably not, but honestly, mega evolution was such a curve ball concept, and then the pair of mega evolutions for both Charizard and Mewtwo on top of that, man i just dont think its worth predicting anything for now. It's kinda annoying that the long lasting "rules of logic" in such a popular and well establish series are being broken, but thats also pretty exciting! 

If there's a mega slowbrow, what possibility might there be of a mega slowking?

Very possible but also deff not guaranteed. Poor Gallade.

Posted (edited)

I do like how the logic is being changed up. New Pokémon speculation always pissed me off, mostly because the 13-year-olds doing it thought that they knew, as a fact, that there was gonna be a trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc.), or whatever.

But Mega Slowbro still has a terrible design. It's just the upright shell.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Yeah i agree. For me it was really more of a shock, but now that the dust has settled and we are moving onto the second set of games to feature it, I'm hyped.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted (edited)

These designs do seem less busy than the XY ones. Probably too early to have an opinion, not that I need to have one.

It's hard to shake the idea in my head of "this Mega Evolution's design is a total afterthought" when it actually is an afterthought. That's what is so hard to swallow about these Mega guys. The concept of Mega Evolution in general is fine I guess. But I just look at some of them and just see the thought processes of the design, which equates to bad design IMO

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Mega Shellder. Slowpoke is just caught up in Shellder's pace, and he can't get out. I'm legitimately pissed off with Shellder now. It's like a sci-fi thing where a civilian is taken from their normal life and put inside of a robot and made to fight other robots, because the robot needs a human brain in order to fight. Just using an innocent person to give something else the power it needs to kill things. Shellder is just some sci-fi villain, and Slowpoke is having his life ruined for Shellder's benefit. If Slowpoke isn't getting his tail cut off for money, then he's getting manipulated by parasites. He's just the victim of a hostile world. You think Australia's wildlife is a scary and dangerous, try the world of Pokemon. No wonder it's so underpopulated, with this kind of inhumane shit going on everywhere. I'm going to vomit. Shellder represents everything that's wrong with the world, and Slowpoke represents the little guy, getting puppyed over and killed for the benefit of someone else. puppy this.

I am never evolving a Slowpoke. I'm going to overkill everybody who uses a Slowbro. I'm going to kill every last Shellder on the face of Hoenn. Burn them in their shells. This is a protest.

Posted

i posted that image on my tumblr back when Zekrom was first revealed. Never in my life have i gotten so many notes so quickly. I think it pooped out just before 400, but then it picked up again when black 2 and white 2 came out. only for a bit though.