Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion

205 posts in this topic

Posted

did you make it or did you just post it

Posted

BTgOAeaIAAExxXd.jpg

I can't believe we're allowing images like this to circulate. We're just condoning and glorifying the suffering of Slowpoke everywhere and I'm physically repulsed.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

did you make it or did you just post it

i hadnt learned proper tumblr/internet etiquette when i posted it. Its embarrassing but like, at least it wasnt actual art or something.

Posted

I didn't think Tumblr had any sort of standards at all for that kind of thing. It IS a reblogging site.

Posted

I mean, they do. The art side of tumblr does at least. 

Posted

scoundrels, all of them

But yeah, mega evolutions dum etc. etc. Mega Salamence is just a flying crescent and looks like a poorly conceived paper airplane that grade schoolers make because they look cool.

Mega Slowbro's isn't as complicated as others have been as LL pointed out, but it seems the tradeoff is in how bad of an idea it is. Perhaps this gives Slowbro excellent Defense or something.

Man, speaking of terrifying parasites, Mega Parasect would probably be the most horrifying of them all.

T1g and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

A giant mushroom with the cracked, bloodied remains of parasects bug body ensnared in its roots. Lovely :[

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

(warning: these images are sick-nasty)

This is what I'd imagine Parasect's Mega looking like, especially since Paras' brain-consuming fungus is based on a real fungus that preys on similar creatures.

death-cricket-has-succumbed-to-a-insect-

RNw1Cty.jpg

It would be kind of neat if they retconned Pokemon from old ones. The only example I can think of right now is if they made Paras/ect's mushroom/s its own Pokemon, since it is an actual living parasite, but I guess that's what Parasect is for. Parasect isn't actually an evolved Paras, it's just an older one whose brain has been taken over by a mushroom, so it's really the mushroom that's the Pokemon... I really like Parasect.

The other one I can think of is probably the oft-requested Kangaskhan baby. It doesn't make sense for Kangaskhans to be born with children already in their pockets, and they don't have some weird egg gimmick like Chansey does.

Posted

Parasect takes 8 times damage from fire attacks, if it has dry skin

Posted

tumblr_nab5caaTWp1qadkc8o1_500.jpg

I really hope this is real, because no other Mega Evolution they can reveal will ever beat out this hilarious bastion of creativity. Seriously. It's beautiful. 10/10 would use in every team

T1g and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

I wonder how many people are going to name their Klink family Pokemon something after Steampunk media, or maybe even simply "Steampunk". It reminds me that the Steampunk crowd is annoyed at people who just glue some gears on stuff and call it Steampunk. I think EDA even linked a track that made fun of the phenomenon. Which also reminds me that a lot of people use gears in like, logos, or for aesthetics, and the way gears work, the mechanism would do absolutely nothing. Mega Gigigear (japon name, I can't remember its english one) is one such mechanism. Only its arms and legs would be able to move. Which I guess makes sense.

Also yes I know, T1g. I am woefully aware that one of my favorite Pokemon is the only one that gets completely destroyed by a common type of Pokemon under not-so-uncommon conditions. Once I found a trainer NPC with a Parasect that had Dry Skin, and since I felt I couldn't pass the opportunity up, I had my Typhlosion use Blast Burn. The Parasect is probably ashes in the wind.

Maybe a Dry Skin Mega Parasect's only modification would be to get rid of Dry Skin. It would just be Parasect but a little shinier looking because it's applied lotion and sunscreen.

Posted

tumblr_nab5caaTWp1qadkc8o1_500.jpg

I really hope this is real, because no other Mega Evolution they can reveal will ever beat out this hilarious bastion of creativity. Seriously. It's beautiful. 10/10 would use in every team

Sorry, Junkobaby, thats deff fake. If that horrible photoshop job (specifically for the in game images) didn't throw you off, then the "Pokemon Y" logo should. This was most likely made before X/Y came out, but after megas were revealed. Also, according to a tumblr post i read, it has 3 types and it's ability/special move (cant remember which) is something along the lines of "Baby Killer"

All that being said, please be real! Especially that Baby Killer part lol.

Posted

Yeah, like literally 10 minutes after I posted it, a post from a tumblr pal on my dash appeared and was like, "I'm glad this scan says "I will eat bullshit" in Japanese on it." Don't know how accurate that is, but lol. yeah, that combined with the other stuff you said. definitely fake! so disappointing. It's by far the best mega design... could've had it all nintendo... /tear

PrimaGaga and pheonix561 like this

Posted

It's by far the best mega design... could've had it all nintendo... /tear

^^^

Posted

Contrary to the official art, Mega Slowbro in-game is quite content being trapped inside his mega-evolved Shellder shell.