What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

god damn he is a good singer

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

his cat is the cutiest as well

and majora's mask's soundtrack is haunting and beautiful

T1g likes this

Posted

Apparat might be my new thing for the next couple days.

I really can't get enough of electronic music with string sections I guess. Always gets me.

Posted

Jean-Jaques Perrey, among some other similar musicians, is my main new artist right now. Pioneering electronic music.

Posted

Listening to some early David bowie.

I love "Under Pressure" the song he did with Queen.

I bought the entire album of Rush 2112, I've been listening to that.

http://youtu.be/F9J3myskBsE

Posted

Still listening to early electronic music. Raymond Scott is a bit earlier than Jean-Jacques Perrey. He has a lot of commercial jazz in the 30s and 40s, and through the 50s and 60s he started experimenting with electronic music, and making advertisements as well. He was apparently fascinated with the recording and sound capture process, and so eventually he went off making his own electronic music machines. So yeah, early stuff.

Somewhat interests me to think of the history of music as being partially driven in part by the necessity of unique advertising.

Sahaqiel and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

Got this Cosmic Machine compilation album, the subtitle of which is "A Voyage Through French Cosmic & Electronic Avantgarde  (1970-1980)", and getting some good stuff from it.

"Love Machine" by Space Art is giving me some Daft Punk vibes, mostly down to the vocoder though probably.

It's a good compilation. I feel like Saha would appreciate it, and get some good old French electronic music from it. It has a track from The Fantastic Planet on it as well.

The Fantastic Planet is the original Attack on Titan, if the titans were super intelligent alien beings, and human beings were like a pest species.

Sahaqiel and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted (edited)

The descriptions (not really the music) remind me of this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wwa201LScU

The album is "Just Landed Cosmis Kid".  I like it at 8:20 and on. I wanted to recommend this to Saha, too. 

I like avantegarde electronic music, electronic music from the 70s and 80s, and stuff. Also, I downloaded a puppy ton of Krautrock albums the other day. It's cool that you like it too, even if it's only similar

This isn't my favorite album, but it is more closely related to what I posted above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx0pFl-9k3Q

I just wish the video was uploaded as individual songs and not the entire album. The thing I was trying to post is like 12 min in. 

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

The internet is a silly place

Posted

OK Go still keep making really great music videos. It's nice to remember about them, and go back to their Youtube channel to find new content.

I don't know how OK Go are the only band this consistently brilliant at making music videos. It's like their music is secondary.

Cirt likes this

Posted

i see you've been closely following the Youtube videos I subscribe to

the tragic thing about future funk is that apparently all its producers didn't learn enough from their French House roots to make their music any longer than a few minutes, rather than 6-9 minutes; this is probably my favorite future funk track and it is so. short.

In other tragic news, FireFlowerz has apparently disbanded? They literally moved together for better musical influence, but a few weeks later, they posted that they're not longer a musical group. That was March 4th, and no more notices have come by, so it seems they're serious. They had a really good underground following, and their sound was really great. They were just involved with a project to remix another musician's single. I just don't get it. Hopefully they still produce music with other projects.

Posted

I wanted to type up a detailed response on the music you linked, Teto and LL, but the lethargy I've been feeling has made it hard for me to muster up interest in stuff unless it's tragically unproductive or somewhat productive, but mostly the former.

So I again snuff responding to the music you linked (I liked it, in short) to link more music that has kept my spirits up.

Zimmer x Pallace - Saturday Love

The vocals on this old school house track make me feel really good.

but in other news I bought a record for an elusive remix I can only find on Youtube, and once again the title of the track was apparently inaccurate and I have once again purchased a record with the wrong set of remixes on it. I like them for the most part, at least.

drAtsTt.png

The one I wanted was this.

What's even worse is that I only bought it because it was the first time I had found an American seller for it. I wanted to avoid $20+ shipping and month+ wait times like I suffered when I bought a limited press of Louis La Roche's Supersoaker EP.

UPDATE: After a ton of searching around I found the correct remix. The original track was produced by Steve Angello and Dave Armstrong, but apparently there's both the Steve Angello remix and the Dave Armstrong remix, and I was looking for the Dave Armstrong remix. I found it in the Irish iTunes store... and I can't buy outside the US. :|

Posted

That's lame. Can you return it? Is it still a cool record?

Posted

Yeah, I like the remixes on it, but they're not as good as the one I intended to buy. This isn't the first time I've had to buy a record and failed in finding a remix. Upon finding a 160kbps upload of another remix, again for a track by Dave Armstrong (what is it with this guy and really good but obscure remixes?) I uploaded it in the hopes that someone might be able to find me a better quality version of it. The upload on Youtube that I found out about it from said it was the original mix. It definitely was not. I had to scour the earth to learn it was called the "Chris S." remix and dear Jesus if I couldn't find that in Google it's hopeless.

I bought this record before I learned it was the Chris S. remix and only because one of the tracks had a similar track length. Just hoping, HOPING, that one of these four remixes would be the right one.

pREMmdr.png

of course none of them were. In fact they were all really disappointing; I really liked Sebastien Leger and Patrick Alavi's contributions to French House music and their remixes are both subpar.

At least now I know that this is the "Dave Armstrong" mix (there's also a Steve Angello mix, apparently they wanted this as confusing as possible) but I can't buy it online outside their respective countries. I might just have to buy this from the Netherlands or some other such place. Good thing it's cheap though

UPDATE: I bought the vinyl. Not even Rutracker has this mix. I am somewhat upset but at least I'll get my record.