What song(s) are you listening to at the moment?

3941 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently came across KMFDM again, and remembered they were a band I meant to get into but never did.

A lot of people say if you're listening to KMFDM you might as well be listening to Ministry though, so I'll probably just try getting into them instead.
_17chan, Teto and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

Ministry are cool, my brother left an album of theirs on my computer a while back and I liked their whole thing.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Been listening to Songs in the Key of Life. Good times.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I havent played too much Bloodborne, but I have been listening to it's amazing soundtrack. Lately my go-to for my Bloodmusic fill has been the theme for Darkbeast Paarl. It's one of my favourite boss battle themes of all time. It's incredibly tense, but not loud, in fact it's a rather soft piece. It escalates so seamlessly as it goes on, and just keep building and building, amd as it builds, the tension increases. A really good song.

Teto likes this

Posted

Two of some of my favorite things. Franz Ferdinand and Justice.

Posted

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is easily one of the worst Sonic games to ever exist, only superceded by Sonic Boom. Despite this undisputable fact, I've always loved the themes for the main characters, and Silver the Hedgehog's theme, Dreams of an Absolution, is my personal favourite. I can't really explain why I like this song so much. It just sounds really nice, and very different from anything I've ever heard. I would describe it as a gem within a pile of shit (the shot being the gsme it's from).

Posted

Posted

most of the time I don't really expect you guys to click play on the stuff I link but in this case I really highly recommend you play this one

Teto, _17chan and Agent Zako like this

Posted

I actually just saw oddisee on Spotify. I'm still not sure I'm totally into hip hop, but I'll always feel compelled to listen to it. I tend to like the poppy, soulful stuff, or experimental-sounding stuff. Not much of a lyrics guy personally, so I tend to be more compelled by interesting sounds than what's being said. So rap is often lost on me, though I like hearing rap, just for how it all fits together so well. It's impressive, and it's smooth on the ears.

Your song's good, I enjoyed it. I like when I can actually feel other genre influences in music, and I'm totally feeling the jazz and soul in this track. R&B maybe? I feel sometimes I don't know as much as I'd like about genres.

I don't think I posted this, but this is one of the few tracks by Death Grips I totally dig, while hip hop is the subject.

I watched the review for the album by TheNeedleDrop, and in it he compared a lot of Death Grips' themes and even their treatment of fans as being somewhat like BDSM. This song seems somewhat abstract, but when you think of it in those terms, it becomes somewhat easier to understand. It has all this build up that really gets people going, but with no payoff. No climax. It builds people up to expect some transformative release, but it's all build up. Like a feeling that doesn't go anywhere, stimulation with no result; an inanimate sensation. The title fits. I just love how fitting. The concept really interests me more than anything else.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

how avant garde

Posted

my home slices in Kennedy, this is track one from their EP "other failures". so great.

"your purity is just a ring."

Teto and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Listening to Santana's self-named album lately, and the song Jingo is super good. So I looked it up on YouTube and there's this live extended version that kinda turns into a different song by the end, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted (edited)

Feel like a weeaboo lately but I'm in love with FEMM. Stumbled upon them by chance this week. Instantly bought their debut album, which came out last October.

And for you Jojo dorks....

Edited by Pizza (see edit history)

Posted

Been drawing today with this rad 80s-esque electro music playing. Listened to this album about three times.