Talk

27453 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I hope this is all just one big prank he's pulling on us and one day he'll come on and say "Hey, I've been watching you guys all along"

And then you quit.

I like how all three of you were telling me how you were all going to work to pull hyrule back together then the next day you announced you were all leaving. Thanks guys for lying to me.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

Don't worry Dustin I'll try to help as much as I can and I won't leave either. Seeing as I don't a direct life outside of this computer. :)

Posted

D:

This R bad.

What can I do to make you happy again brotha?

Posted

Hi Adr. I didn't know you joined HO. Well... I don't have anything to say right now.

Posted

Thanks YLA.

I guess since I said I'd post in talk more, I should... I'll start with how I feel right now. I feel kind of betrayed by people lately. Like many said, this place is like a family to me. In the past few days some of parts of the family I was closest to just left and I feel like they abandoned me and everyone else. I understand people's likes change and stuff and people drift off from here all the time. The people that make a conscious 'Im leaving hyrule.net TODAY' and make a big fuss over it and post about leaving and stuff really bother me though. That's not drifting off. That's them deciding 'I dont want to be a part of this family anymore' and that's hurtful to me. I think the site's good and the people here are good.

I also feel stupid for putting a lot of trust into those people. I gave rain and padraig tons of chances when everyone else (mods) wanted to ban them and they weren't thankful for that. I should have known then that things would end like this. When people take advantage of kindness its never going to work out.

I dont know what happened with Bond. That made me sad. We've been talking on chat and msn lately and were becoming friends and like the others, he just decided to leave. All of them told me in response to me talking about hyrule posting being down lately that they would be posting a bunch to fix the problem... then the next day they quit. That hurts. Why did they lie to me? Why couldnt they just leave and not get my hopes up?

This is the kind of stuff that has always kept me from getting to know members. You guys might remember me a few weeks back talking about trying to get to know members more. Well I tried to and then this happened by the people I was getting to know. Not much incentive for me to try and get to know people anymore...

Maybe I was just trying to get to know the wrong people...

Posted

Yeah. I don't understand the deal with leaving. I thought we were making the site more active, but in all the hard work we just ended up losing people. :( It just goes to show that when you meet people and you become friends... It's just really hard to face the fact that for what ever reason that they left. Kinda like with LDGM. One day he was on and next day... Nothing.

However Rain did change throughout the his year here. I remember when he was first here. He was one of the biggest trolls ever. Then he met a bunch of people here and became friends with them and he wasn't as much as a troll anymore. This website changes people, but in a good way. It's just sad how people just randomly decide to leave.

Posted

Yep. I hope I never do that, I will always be a zelda fan, I come here daily and stay on almost all day. I'll help Hyrule become better. but I don't know how.

Posted (edited)

Yeah. I've been coming here since July 10th 2007. That's when I had my first account, but it wouldn't work so I just made this one and I'm still here. So technically I've been here for a full 2 years, but if you go with the non technical I've been here for 1 year 6 months. I think. My math is terrible.

No wait my former friend stole my account. :( He gave it back though.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

Today marks a sad day in Hyrule.net history... D:

Posted

Yes. We shall have a momtent of silence to remember those who we have lost.

We had such good times.

Posted

It truly is saddening.

Dustin, I just want you to know that I'll keep doing whatever I can to keep the site active. I know that I certainly won't be leaving soon, so yes.

Also, I want you to think that perhaps you were getting close at the wrong time, not necessarily to the wrong people. They were good people, but you seem to just have had bad timing.

Posted

I was sorta on chat. Well I was watching people on chat earlier.

Posted (edited)

Members who know me well will know I suck at leaving.

Nothing has changed.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Hi. And Bye Teto. you have never known me so I don't know you so bye.

@every one else: My friend is over but He and my brother are playing Mario Kart Wii. I didn't want to play so I came on here.

Posted

Now is the time for me to get to know you then.

You seem pretty cool. And I hope you understand that that post was announcing my return.