Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your orientation

170 posts in this topic

Posted

most people who aren't educated in that area don't entertain the idea it could be genetic but its a highly believed theory and is supported with tons of evidence studies can almost always predict who will be a lesbian or whatnot at a very young age by there behavior and they demonstrate how even if they try it is virtually impossible for them to try to be something they r not because they were created like that and by looking at the brains of people there are clear differences between straight men and homosexual men same goes for girls and scientists have clearly shown how those differences could affect someones sexual orientation.

Impossible.

If scientists have 'cleary shown' how the brains of gay people are different from straight people, it would not be a theory. Its not in my gene's that my descendants have (random number) % of turning gay. or being straight either, for that matter.

You get all different kinds of people becoming homosexual, whether the child comes from a very strict, very religious and very homophobic upbringing or if a child is raised in a more relaxed, accepting environment, both produce almost the same amount of of bi & homosexuals if you look at it on a straight to gay ratio.

Of course, due to their upbringing, one may have more problems than the other accepting the truth & telling friends and family about it.

GL does bring up a point - if there is a gay gene you could have a gene for almost anything, like his example, a 'zelda-liking' gene. No, its not genetics, its just some one's interests. I like fantasy RPG games to an extent, and in my opinion, Zelda is a good fantasy RPG, so I like it.

Posted

I'm still wondering if it is possible for someone to willingly turn straight or gay...It's possible,isn't it?

Posted

my new quote: go zuze! :joy: *gets shocked by G333's off topic caller* where did this come from? and no its not HF

Posted

That's strange...we should be able to make our own choices on that kind of thing,if nothing else.Whatever you may say,I still believe that it's someones own choice.I'm actually questioning.I want to like girls,and I'm looking for a girlfriend right now.I hope I can actually choose this kind of thing.

Posted

As of now, I'm straight, but I'm only 14. That could change drastically in the future.

Posted

14 is young. I didn't suspect a thing until i turned 19. One of my closest friends is a lesbian, she became one at 22. She didn't even think about it before then because she was in a relationship with a guy.

Posted

i'm 14 and straight. i also consider it very bad for someone to treat another person bad because of their orientation. i consider it to follow the same concept as racism. discriminating against a group of people because of their differences from others. i try to look at the positive things.

Posted

I try my best to be more staight,so I hope to God it will come out on top.Man,I need to pray about that tonight...

Posted

I try my best to be more staight,so I hope to God it will come out on top.Man,I need to pray about that tonight...

you shouldn't fear beeing gay. I don't think we have any controll over our orientations so trying harder wouldn't help. (unless your Christian and believe god can change it...)

Posted

you shouldn't fear beeing gay. I don't think we have any controll over our orientations so trying harder wouldn't help. (unless your Christian and believe god can change it...)

I am afraid.I don't want to be like that.It's like the Las Plagas in RE4.It's an infection[no offense to any gays].I have to turn out straight,or my life will be miserable.I'm going through puberty now[i already have facial hair!I've already shaved off sideburns],so that will determine whether I like women or not[please,please be women.].I just want it to be women because well,I like them,and I want to be normal,so yeah.

Posted

and I want to be normal,so yeah.

You wouldn't be a freak if your turned to be gay. But it's your call.

It would be cool to be able to choose in this, like HF said some posts above. For some times, I really believed that people wer able to control this kind of stuff, but now I'm not sure about that.

Posted

WOOT! go val hammer! anyone who is gay is not right in the head and needs a psichologist :P

Posted

You wouldn't be a freak if your turned to be gay. But it's your call.

It would be cool to be able to choose in this, like HF said some posts above. For some times, I really believed that people wer able to control this kind of stuff, but now I'm not sure about that.

I hate it that I ever heard in science class that we were born with it.That made me hate scientists even more,because they've just taken away alot of hope on making my own choice for something like that.For me,it's the choice as to whether I'll hate myself the rest of my life or if I'll grow up,get married to a wife,have children,raise them,and live an ordinary life.

its not genetic at all actually suspicious.gif

Exactly.To me saying it's genetic is just plain wrong.

Posted

Anyone who is gay is not right in the head and needs a psichologist :P

Wow Ryu, i didn't think you were that shallow.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY! TELLING SOMEONE THEY HAVE A PROBLEM FOR BEING GAY IS JUST AS BAD AS TELLING SOMEONE THEY HAVE A PROBLEM FOR BEING BLACK, OR SPANISH, OR ANGLO, ETC. ETC. ETC.

Posted

I'll hate myself the rest of my life or if I'll grow up,get married to a wife,have children,raise them,and live an ordinary life.

I don't think you'll hate yourself if you turn out gay. It's not your call, or any body's else for that matter. And you can live a just as valuable life as a gay as as a straight person.