TP Link VS Toon Link

142 posts in this topic

Posted

I made all my points assuming that "TP Link" meant "Realistic/Adult Link" since the plethora of toon styled Links against one game's Link wouldn't exactly be fair.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Pffft. In the poll TP link's winning..... just goes to show how many people hate cell - shading. Pffft. Graphic whores.

Posted

Yeah, I mean that's kinda true. While I only included FD Link as a joke (because seriously, he really would be awesome in this fight), its really unfair to not count at OoT Link as TP Link.

Counting WW and PH glass as the same Link makes perfect sense, because they are the same character; its one of the few times a Zelda game has a direct sequel. But Minish and Four-Swords? They share nothing in common with WW Link other than art style. So now the qualification to be 'the same Link' is the art, and TP was CLEARLY trying to evoke the same feel and look of OoT. If you don't allow this, the fight was pretty unfair.

Posted

TP Link would obviously win.

Posted

Yeah, I mean that's kinda true. While I only included FD Link as a joke (because seriously, he really would be awesome in this fight), its really unfair to not count at OoT Link as TP Link.

Counting WW and PH glass as the same Link makes perfect sense, because they are the same character; its one of the few times a Zelda game has a direct sequel. But Minish and Four-Swords? They share nothing in common with WW Link other than art style. So now the qualification to be 'the same Link' is the art, and TP was CLEARLY trying to evoke the same feel and look of OoT. If you don't allow this, the fight was pretty unfair.

Hey.

Check out the official artwork.

And the ingame style.

Yeah, they're p. toon style.

I don't know though.

THEY COULD BE LIKE, REALISTIC.

OWING TO THE HUGE DISPROPORTIONATE HEADS AND THE CEL-SHADED LOOK TO THE SPRITES.

Sahaqiel

Posted

TP Link would obviously win.

Please elaborate. Why do you think he would win? I NEED ANSWERS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Posted

:swordfight: I think TP Link would win because:

-He has a longer sword, meaning he could strike from farther away

-He's taller (yes, height matters)

-TP Link has Shield Attack, Helm Splitter, Mortal Draw, and Jump Strike

-Hurricane Blade takes too long to charge (in most games) to be effective, plus the dizzyness gives TP link plenty of time to hit with, oh say, Jump Strike

-Toon Link's Parry wouldn't be very effective on most basic sword slashes

But Toon Link still looks better.

Posted

:swordfight: I think TP Link would win because:

-TP Link has Shield Attack, Helm Splitter, Mortal Draw, and Jump Strike

Have you ever played Phantom Hourglass? In that game Toon Link has all of those moves.

Plus, to counter - act your arguement, Toon Link has the Phantom Hourglass, rendering everything else TP Link can do useless since it stops time. All it would take then would be a simple stab through the chest and TP Link's dead.

My arguement stands.

Posted

What do you all mean when you say Toon Link is Minish Link, and FS Link? Toon Link is WW Link, and FS Link is... Well FS, MC Link... Well not both, but they're all differnt... I think.

Still TP Link would win. He can swim. Toon Link Can't. Why? HE'S SURROUNDED BY WATER!

Posted

Still TP Link would win. He can swim. Toon Link Can't. Why? HE'S SURROUNDED BY WATER!

Toon Link can swim, you silly cupcake. Ever jumped out of the boat in WW......?

He just doesn't have Zora armor to allow for Zora-like diving abilities.

Posted

What do you all mean when you say Toon Link is Minish Link, and FS Link? Toon Link is WW Link, and FS Link is... Well FS, MC Link... Well not both, but they're all differnt... I think.

I swear, YLA, do you have a logical fiber in the whole of your immediate worldly existing being?

Seriously.

Toon pertains to a style, not an individual Link. When we talk about "Toon Link", we talk about all the Links that are in "toon" style, hence "Toon Link". We are not talking about "Wind Waker Link", we are talking about "Toon Link". Have you ever heard of "The Legend of Zelda: Toon" before? No.

Minish Cap boasts a toon style.

Look closely.

link4.gif

Look at him.

Look.

Does this look realistic to you?

Come on, man.

Also, the moves you mentioned, Aethix, also take time to charge. In the amount of time it takes Link to charge up a jump strike, Toon Link could have drawn his bow and shot something at him.

The Helm Splitter and the other move also originated from WW Link, and they take much less time to enact. Parrying takes effect during the opposing side's move. Link's attacks aren't exactly parries. They're just attacks.

The point about the Mortal Draw is a good one, though. It's a pretty effing awesome move, and it has an awesome name, too.

However, it has a very short range, realistically. It's only the handle/pommel of the sword.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Toon pertains to a style, not an individual Link. When we talk about "Toon Link", we talk about all the Links that are in "toon" style, hence "Toon Link".

I just wanted to clarify my point. I understand that we are talking about Toon Link as style, counting all of his moves from WW, Minish, etc.

But then, if you do that, it's kind of unfair to limit TP Link to just that one game, it should be all the Link's in that realistic style, giving him the moves and powers of OoT Link.

That is all I wanted to say! Battle on!

Posted

NAC, I've been taking this into consideration.

I never really counted just TP Link.

Sahaqiel

Posted

all right, cool, that was my only concern.

honestly i consider this to be a very close fight.

unfortunately, in the world ssb at least, toon link will always win.

Posted

Toon Link can swim, you silly cupcake. Ever jumped out of the boat in WW......?

He just doesn't have Zora armor to allow for Zora-like diving abilities.

I mean that he can't stay up in the water very long. He's just going to drown. If they go in water far away from land TL would drown, and TP Link would drown in like a minuet or two.

@Saha: AHRGH! There's no way to play FSA without out playing as WW Link. :( I guess I won't play it anymore. This TL thing still isn't over!