TP Link VS Toon Link

142 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys please....Can we just break it up?

Posted

Ah, but you peeps are forgetting...In PH, Toon Link learns all hidden skills as TP Link. Plus, he has the Four sword and the ability to shrink (FSA and TMC, respectively.)

He doesn't shrink in Four Swords Adventure. He shrinks in Four Swords with the Gnat Hat.

Posted

Yeah I only meant shrinking for MC....

Posted

Say that next time. >:(

Posted

It's his fault for being stupid and leaving his TV on for like days, without changing the pixels on the screen at all.

That's about the only way you get screen burn-in. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game; it can happen with any game.

Wind Waker is a good game. Its puzzles were intuitive and creative, its characters believable and lively. The controls were very fun to play with, since it implements the parrying system. You can have fun hectically battling several enemies at once. Items were always enjoyable, even if you feel like messing around and using the Skull Hammer or Deku Leaf for easy enemies. The animations are fluid and well executed, the graphics bright and lively. The sailing mechanics let you explore several islands and, despite being time consuming, gives the game a sense of discovery that is always left out of most modern games. The controls had many different options compared to previous Zelda games, and their execution was also very good. Fluid, responsive, etc.

The soundtrack was also very bright and lively, setting a good atmosphere for the game. Whenever there were dark times, however, the soundtrack always adjusted to fit the mood. Atmosphere was always present.

You're just way too ignorant to look past what you consider bad. It's like saying a perfectly good apple is bad because there's a picture of a rotten apple in front of it.

Also, he is young,and he is Link. Therefore, he is a young Link. You contradict yourself.

Sahaqiel

I did that too, but it never burned in my screen.

I honestly don't see how. It hard, and the characters were only believeable if you were 4. It was like anyother zelda game control wise.

I already said I liked the music, but that was it.

... What?

He's not a young link he a fricking tween link. (I can't believe I used to like this game. Worst mistake ever.)

Posted

Keep it to the topic on this matter will ya!

Posted

Bottom line is that Toon Link is much faster, can duplicate, has longer-lasting invincibility and better recovery items, as well as a plethora of secret techniques that Link doesn't have.

Oh, and he's also younger than any of the photorealistically styled Links.

Therefore, the regular Links will die of old age faster.

Toon Link, therefore, wins in the end.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Bottom line is that Toon Link is much faster, can duplicate, has longer-lasting invincibility and better recovery items, as well as a plethora of secret techniques that Link doesn't have.

Oh, and he's also younger than any of the photorealistically styled Links.

Therefore, the regular Links will die of old age faster.

Toon Link, therefore, wins in the end.

Sahaqiel

Unless TP Link Murders Toon Link, and he dies. Therefore TP Link wins. :)

Posted

In a real (even Zelda-ish) sword-fighting situation, agility can only do so much for you. The truth is, Toon Link isn't so much more agile than Twilight Princess Link (who is a surprisingly agile young adult himself, pulling off those backflips and Back Slices).

Also, consider that TP Link was trained in swordsmanship for quite a while, whereas Toon Link was handed a sword and told to remember to wear clean underwear. TP Link is a rowdy, hardcore farm boy, and TL is a froofy island kid. These are facts.

And, Sahaqiel, please list this "plethora of secret techniques that Link doesn't have". I may be underestimating Toon Link by my lack of playing of The Minish Cap. Most of my stuff is based on The Wind Waker; Four Swords (Adventures) doesn't really introduce anything noteworthy in this dicussion.

(THAT MEANS IT IS FUNCTION.)

Wind Waker... A good game? XD Good one.

No really Wind Waker was stupid. It had parts that made no since. Like it was Links birthday, and because it was a tradition to wear the green tunic so anyone could've been the one to be the playable character. Even that old sword master dude. Besides he would've never went on that adventure if the bird didn't come. The game was just a retarded excuse to make a new Link who seemed young, BUT HE IS NOT ANYTHING NEAR A (YOUNG) LINK. Young is 10, and under. He's 12. He can be tween Link. He'll never be young link. NEVER!

I am over ten. I consider myself to be young. Young is an adjective. Preteen/teen is a noun. They can coexist. Twilight Princess Link can be considered to be young. And by your logic, if Majora's Mask takes place one year after Ocarina of Time, then Majora's Mask's Young Link wouldn't be young. He'd have to be Tween Link.

Posted

The secret techniques that Toon Link has that Link doesn't are the Sword Beam, Peril Beam(Which is a sword beam that doesn't require full hearts; you can use it if you have half or less hearts), Down Thrust(Jump, then thrust down quickly, like in Brawl, basically.), and the Hurricane Spin/Great Spin Attack.

Toon Link also has the ability to charge his spin attacks quicker, and have a longer Hurricane Spin, if need be.

Since Toon Link also has cloning ability, it would be fair to say Link would have a hard time being so outnumbered.

Also, that point about TL being a "froofy island kid" is invalid. =(

TL has been raised by a blacksmith, if a bit vaguely, in MC, and by a veteran combat master in WW. If anything, TL has more training than the photorealistic Links, which are dominantly OoT/TP.

In Ocarina of Time, he was woken up, and told to conquer an evil monstrosity. He'd never had training experience beforehand, being in a village full of children and play and whatnot. I would suppose he is a "froofy forest kid". >_>

Twilight Princess Link actually has training beforehand, though.

I'm finding it annoying to classify the Oracles' Link. I mean, in LA, he boasted the same sprite and environment style, but LA Link was toon as evidenced by the Gameboy printer thing. The Oracles' Links were the same style, except the scenes provided in the game are somewhat realistic. asd;lfkj

TL and Link both have their respective arrow sets, (Yes, even Bomb Arrows, as LA Link had something like that,) but TL has remote bombs and other such luxuries. Even his comparatively small size would be useful since they're both marksmen. Link has less of a chance of hitting TL than TL does hitting Link, and TL has more of a chance hitting Link with Bombs (Because, you know, remote bombs. Awesome) and Bombchus. (PH Link is the only one who can control Bombchus' paths)

This would also be very inconvenient for Link since TL can duplicate. Therefore, FOUR of these little dudes with superior firepower are coming in at him from all sides. The Zunari Armor can also be recharged by potions, but Link's Magic Armor can only be recharged by Rupees, which are much less accessible than Rupees.

As a side note:

Toon Link wearing the Hero's Charm, wearing Iron Boots, and carrying a Skull Hammer is very intimidating.

I find it hilarious.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It's annoying in this topic that Toon Link has appeared in more games than Twilight Princess Link (which is why we call him "Twilight Princess" Link <<), so you can compile all of everything a Toon-style Link has ever learned/done and add it onto his skill list. If anything, we should limit it to a single generation Toon Link (Most likely TWW + PH) or list only recurring skills. Since the latter would be unfair in Twilight Princess Link's favor, I suggest that we employ the former. D= At the least, disregard the Link(s) of Link's Awakening and the Oracles as Toon Link (which I would think inaccurate anyway; if anything, they are some sort of Young Link [in classification only, YLA, not age-determined or anything]). Or maybe a better decision would be to compile all realistic semi-adult Links and call them Adult Link, changing this topic... But that wouldn't change much anyway, since Mr. Ocarina Link Meatbag doesn't do anything that could possibly assist "Realistic Semi-Adult Link" to such an extent that the battle would be less one-sided (now that I think about it, yes), except for maybe the addition of a magic meter and the spells Din's Fire and Nayru's Love.

The secret techniques that Toon Link has that Link doesn't are the Sword Beam, Peril Beam(Which is a sword beam that doesn't require full hearts; you can use it if you have half or less hearts), Down Thrust(Jump, then thrust down quickly, like in Brawl, basically.), and the Hurricane Spin/Great Spin Attack.

Toon Link also has the ability to charge his spin attacks quicker, and have a longer Hurricane Spin, if need be.

Since Toon Link also has cloning ability, it would be fair to say Link would have a hard time being so outnumbered.

Also, that point about TL being a "froofy island kid" is invalid. =(

TL has been raised by a blacksmith, if a bit vaguely, in MC, and by a veteran combat master in WW. If anything, TL has more training than the photorealistic Links, which are dominantly OoT/TP.

I believe The Wind Waker's Link had limited sword-related interaction with Orca until he became of age, when the game starts off. And gosh, I need to find a copy of The Minish Cap, the only Zelda game I haven't beaten. So I am ignorant to all of the The Minish Cap stuff, thusly influencing you all to disregard the fact that I may look over things in respect to questions the game may or may not answer. And blacksmiths don't teach how to use a sword. They just make them.

Twilight Princess Link, however, had evidently been trained a sufficient amount by Rusl (>:() by the game's opening.

In Ocarina of Time, he was woken up, and told to conquer an evil monstrosity. He'd never had training experience beforehand, being in a village full of children and play and whatnot. I would suppose he is a "froofy forest kid". >_>

This is absolutely true. Ocarina of Time's Link had the least amount of beforehand training. He is a froofy forest kid. Then he gets older and his attack strength doubles. HMM. HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING NEW OR ANYTHING. JUST THE FACT THAT HE GOT OLDER DOUBLED HIS STRENGTH. HMM. I GUESS THIS MEANS THAT OLDER PEOPLE ARE STRONGER. HMMMM.

Posted

I'd like to see TL armed with the Skull Hammer go up against TP Link with the Ball & Chain.

TP: *swings the ball and chain* Dodge THIS!

TL: Ack! *splat*

...or maybe.......

TP: *swinging ball & chain* Immunna splat you!

TL: 'Kay. *slices TP's legs out from under him* You forgot to mind you surroundings!

Batman: Nice coat.

Posted

Toon link could just get on his boat and bomb TP link's house couldn't he? Or maybe because TP link has better bombs could just bomb Toon Links house but in my opinion TP link has better weapons but TL has a boat... It's a tight match...

Posted (edited)

Yeah, if you guys are going to consider Minish and Four-Swords Link to be the same as Toon Link in WW and PH, its only fair to give TP Link's moves Ocarina of Time Link's moves. And Din's Fire and the Golden Gauntlets could definitely turn the tide of battle.

But does any of that matter? After a long hard battle, Toon Link and TP Link collapsing with exhaustion, Fierce Deity Link would step up into the ring, laughing under his breath as he pulled out his sword, and completely dominate the competition.

Edited by NAC (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Except FD Link isn't IN this fight.

It's settled then. Toon Link Wins! Since I created this topic, I say that All Toon - looking Links count as TL, but OoT Link and FD and MM Link DO NOT COUNT. If you can find a way around these obstacles, I will revisit the arguement. Until then:

THIS GAME'S WINNER IS:

TOON LINK!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Minish Link (see edit history)