General Controversy over Cel-Shaded Games/The Wind Waker Debate/Discussion

178 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, it means you're not old 13+ is old.

Toon Link is 12-13.

Therefore, he is young.

Posted

Yeah, it means you're not old 13+ is old.

Toon Link is 12-13.

Therefore, he is young.

No 12+ is old.

He is twelve.

He is a tween.

Posted

No, trust me 13+ is old and he's 12-13.

He's young.

Posted

Big whoop, YLA!

Posted

No, trust me 13+ is old and he's 12-13.

He's young.

Whatever you say. I'm not going to believe it though. He will never be any type of young link in my mind.

Posted

Young Link and Toon Link are the same.

And they always will be the same.

Young Link is Toon Link.

Posted

Young Link is Toon Link.

Well not really. Toon Link is considered a Young Link because of his age relative to the adult incarnations (well, except by YLA. But whatever makes sense in his head, won't always make sense out here), but Young Link isn't technically a Toon Link because of the differing art styles. It's just like the differences between Christians and Catholics: Catholics are Christian because they're generally Jesus-centric, but a Christian isn't a Catholic because of the different specific beliefs.

Posted

I was just saying that to make him get angry.

GOSH, THANKS FOR RUINING IT.

Posted

you aren't a grown-up before you've tried seven different types of narcotics. Now, has toon link done that? let's see; grandma's soup has definitively got some naughty poo in it. That colorful jelly stuff is probably not legal in USA neither. Sooo, he's on his way, but not quite there yet.

Posted

Well not really. Toon Link is considered a Young Link because of his age relative to the adult incarnations (well, except by YLA. But whatever makes sense in his head, won't always make sense out here), but Young Link isn't technically a Toon Link because of the differing art styles. It's just like the differences between Christians and Catholics: Catholics are Christian because they're generally Jesus-centric, but a Christian isn't a Catholic because of the different specific beliefs.

Personally I always distinguished between Young/Adult Link the fact that one can wield the Master Sword, while the other cannot. Young Link was not of the right age requirement to wield the Master Sword in OoT when he pulled it, so he was stuck in stasis for 7 years until he was of age to be able to wield it. Can't remember at the time if the Hero (Link) needs to be a specific age (I'm assuming 16-17) to be able to use the Master Sword, but if you look at Toon Link, he LOOKS young, and yet he's able to wield the Master Sword as well...

Unless of course somethin along the lines of Hyrule's Hero traditions being forgotten over time (ie. Master Sword only being able to be wielded by a 16-17 year old Hero), and Toon Link just wound up lucky enough to have the goddesses choose him in desperation to be the one to defeat Ganondorf since no one else was able to take up that mantle since the Hero of Time vanished... this is just my take on the whole Young/Toon Link connection, I'm sure others can come up with better :)

Posted

Sorry, I couldn

Posted

What the hell man? That's just getting really annoying.

Wow you all have no clue what young means do you? Idiots.

I'm 15. I'm considered young by older generations.

"Tween" is still young, no matter how you put it. In fact, by regular people's standards, "young" is anything up to at least 30, where most people settle down from their probably more exciting "young" years.

Toon Link is never canonically confirmed to be twelve years old, and Link from Majora's Mask/first parts of Ocarina of Time is never canonically confirmed to be ten or twelve.

It's possible that they're the same age, since the tradition from Wind Waker states that boys on that island are clothed when they reach a certain age, which, sensibly, would be the same age as the Hero of Time as he started his journey, because that age could be a standard since Link from OoT started his journey from that time.

We keep copypasting Kyon facepalming himself because you make no sense. You only hate WW Link for his style, which has nothing to do with the gameplay, which is actually good.

You have never stated one thing that is an actually bad gameplay mechanic.

There's a Japanese Gaming Magazine that rated Wind Waker a 10/10, and that score has only gone to six other games, one being Ocarina of Time.

You're just being a narrow minded, and you're focusing on the style, making you biased against all other things in the game. Compared to the gameplay in Ocarina of Time, it is considerably less fidgety and unwieldy.

There. I've stated a completely reasonable argument. This is what Young Link Addict NEEDS to do.

A traditional YLA statement consists of this.

"No it's not.

No, I disagree with you.

People at school tell me to.

I collapse under peer pressure.

It's just bad.

Cel-shading in WW gives me headaches, even though it's only in small parts of the game.

Scratch that, it's not cel-shading. I just hate the toon style.

No wait, I just hate the cel-shading.

Nevermind, cel-shading only annoys me in Wind Waker, but doesn't annoy me in Okami.

See? My argument is great."

Don't even try to deny it.

You go around this board, and you never support any part of your statements.

When you try to, it's for a stupid reason.

This is why I constantly argue with YLA.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I'm 15. I'm considered young by older generations.

"Tween" is still young, no matter how you put it. In fact, by regular people's standards, "young" is anything up to at least 30, where most people settle down from their probably more exciting "young" years.

Toon Link is never canonically confirmed to be twelve years old, and Link from Majora's Mask/first parts of Ocarina of Time is never canonically confirmed to be ten or twelve.

It's possible that they're the same age, since the tradition from Wind Waker states that boys on that island are clothed when they reach a certain age, which, sensibly, would be the same age as the Hero of Time as he started his journey, because that age could be a standard since Link from OoT started his journey from that time.

We keep copypasting Kyon facepalming himself because you make no sense. You only hate WW Link for his style, which has nothing to do with the gameplay, which is actually good.

You have never stated one thing that is an actually bad gameplay mechanic.

There's a Japanese Gaming Magazine that rated Wind Waker a 10/10, and that score has only gone to six other games, one being Ocarina of Time.

You're just being a narrow minded, and you're focusing on the style, making you biased against all other things in the game. Compared to the gameplay in Ocarina of Time, it is considerably less fidgety and unwieldy.

There. I've stated a completely reasonable argument. This is what Young Link Addict NEEDS to do.

A traditional YLA statement consists of this.

"No it's not.

No, I disagree with you.

People at school tell me to.

I collapse under peer pressure.

It's just bad.

Cel-shading in WW gives me headaches, even though it's only in small parts of the game.

Scratch that, it's not cel-shading. I just hate the toon style.

No wait, I just hate the cel-shading.

Nevermind, cel-shading only annoys me in Wind Waker, but doesn't annoy me in Okami.

See? My argument is great."

Don't even try to deny it.

You go around this board, and you never support any part of your statements.

When you try to, it's for a stupid reason.

This is why I constantly argue with YLA.

Sahaqiel

Same here. I'm don't i'm that young anymore.

He's ten. He was traped in the temple of time for 7 years, and that makes him 17.

... Who? Oh wait that thing. Right. Anyway the gameplay still sucks.

Well Japenese also likes Hello Kitty when they're old. They crazy.

Well I only have OoT for GC so it's about the same, but it's still differnt from the N64 version.

Yada yada yada. That's not the only things I say.

Not really.

I am.

You know this all started when I stated that I hate Wind Waker. Your the one arguing about it, but I'm just fighting back because I hate to lose. That's the reason I beat WW.

IMG_9527.jpg

Best pic ever.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

"Same here. I'm don't i'm that young anymore."

What??

"He's ten. He was traped in the temple of time for 7 years, and that makes him 17."

So he's not young Link, if you're calling Adult Link Young Link.

"... Who? Oh wait that thing. Right. Anyway the gameplay still sucks."

Zero explanation.

"Well Japenese also likes Hello Kitty when they're old. They crazy."

Stereotyping and assuming. Besides, if you think the Japanese Gaming Magazine is crazy, you're saying they're crazy for making OoT 10/10. You just said OoT sucks. Good job.

"Well I only have OoT for GC so it's about the same, but it's still differnt from the N64 version."

What does this have to do with anything??

"Yada yada yada. That's not the only things I say."

This statement goes along with "You never explain anything".

"Not really."

It's so effing hard to tell what you're responding to.

"I am."

Seriously, what are you talking about? It was apparently in between my list and "This is why I argue with YLA." There's nothing in that statement that makes sense.

"You know this all started when I stated that I hate Wind Waker. Your the one arguing about it, but I'm just fighting back because I hate to lose. That's the reason I beat WW."

??

You're an idiot.

I also believe that you probably have dyslexia, but not in the traditional way where the person suffering from it is actually logical and intelligent to at least an average level.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That would be Famitsu. Which by the way, YLA, is the most influential Japanese gaming publication in circulation. Famitsu's been around since pretty much the NES. Seven games given a perfect score out of thousands reviewed in twenty-plus years says a lot about that game's quality.