General Controversy over Cel-Shaded Games/The Wind Waker Debate/Discussion

178 posts in this topic

Posted

Cel-shading is the effect that makes darker areas not progress slowly to dark, but completely to dark.

It's like this. Let's say 1 is light, and 5 is dark.

In a shadow on Link's hat in realistic graphics, the hat's shade goes like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

In cel shading, it goes from 1 to 5.

AlsoGanny,

Insulting someone in the midst of a clash of disagreeing views is called arguing. Arguing is for children.

I find this to be card-stacked, conditional, stereotypical, and a gross generalization. Stop being so narrow-minded, Sahaqiel.

I call hypocrisy.

Sahaqiel

Posted

AHAHAHAHHA, SAHAQIEL GETS BEATEN BY GANONDORF333 SO MUCH.

Stop deleting my posts just because they seem "mean".

Posted

A hypocrite is someone who says that something is wrong, yet they do it themselves.

"Practice what you preach"

You said that know-it-alls annoy people who do know it all, but that's impossible, so the quote is null and only points out your own idiocy.

Dyslexia is the only "spelling disorder", and you said you don't have it.

*Glomps Muffin and tickles him with his neko-ears* ^_^

Baka...

Your statements DO suck, by the way, YLA.

My favorite statement,

Wtf, seriously.

Do you see what you type?

Do you think when you speak?

You fight the most one-sided and weakest battles I have ever seen in the history of man, followed closely by Doubleagent and severely religious people.

Sahaqiel

How about this. I hate WW, and you can't accept that. There problem solved.

That's why I put them at the end of the list.

I'm referring to the existence of God, by the way. I mean, I believe in a God, but I see no possible proof for one.

Even my own arguments for God's existence suck.

To me, at least.

Anyways, back on topic,

I'm pretty sure YLA would have loved the game completely and utterly with no question if it had TP graphics.

It has nothing to do with gameplay.

Sahaqiel

Well, I don't believe in god so I don't see how a religious people can beat me. That is true. I like the game, yes I said I like the game, but HATE the graphics. It just cancels eachother out.

Posted

How about this. I hate WW, and you can't accept that. There problem solved.

Well, I don't believe in god so I don't see how a religious people can beat me. That is true. I like the game, yes I said I like the game, but HATE the graphics. It just cancels eachother out.

I can accept that you don't like the game, it's just the REASONS you dislike the game.

I said you put up worse arguments than them. (By them I'm referring to religious people with terrible faithbased arguments. No offense to said groups.)

And no, you said the plot, graphics, gameplay, and music, I think, sucked.

As in, the whole game.

Because you're a graphic prostitute. This is not a derogatory term, this is what he is doing.

He hates the game purely and utterly because of the graphic style.

This is ultimate proof.

"I like the game, yes I said I like the game, but HATE the graphics. It just cancels eachother out."

Sahaqiel

Posted

I can accept that you don't like the game, it's just the REASONS you dislike the game.

I said you put up worse arguments than them. (By them I'm referring to religious people with terrible faithbased arguments. No offense to said groups.)

And no, you said the plot, graphics, gameplay, and music, I think, sucked.

As in, the whole game.

Because you're a graphic prostitute. This is not a derogatory term, this is what he is doing.

He hates the game purely and utterly because of the graphic style.

This is ultimate proof.

"I like the game, yes I said I like the game, but HATE the graphics. It just cancels eachother out."

Sahaqiel

I said I liked the music. It wasn't that bad. In fact I have the theme, and the Ganondorf battle on my ipod.

It also gives me headaches. Ok think of this. You do something, and it makes you sick in some way. Would you like? So yeah give it TP graphics, and i'll like it. Exept for the story. I hate that. It has no story. Like LoZ 1, and 2. And As far as I got in it, ALttP, but ALttP was ok. Till the first boss/bosses.

Posted

I said I liked the music. It wasn't that bad. In fact I have the theme, and the Ganondorf battle on my ipod.

It also gives me headaches. Ok think of this. You do something, and it makes you sick in some way. Would you like? So yeah give it TP graphics, and i'll like it. Exept for the story. I hate that. It has no story. Like LoZ 1, and 2. And As far as I got in it, ALttP, but ALttP was ok. Till the first boss/bosses.

Every Zelda game has a plot.

Even 1 and II.

And yes, even if something makes me sick, I'd like it if I had fun.

People drink and eat acidic stuff that gives them the MOST GODAWFUL CANKER SORES EVER, but people still do it, because it gives them a pleasant taste.

Even if Wind Waker gave me a headache, I would still get that feeling.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Every Zelda game has a plot.

even 1 and II.

And yes, even if something makes me sick, I'd like it if I had fun.

People drink and eat acidic stuff that gives them the MOST GODAWFUL CANKER SORES EVER, but people still do it, because it gives them a pleasant taste.

Even if Wind Waker gave me a headache, I would still get that feeling.

Sahaqiel

Well I guess I should like WW. In fact I'll play it now. :rolleyes: I'm not stupid. I beat 1, and 2, when I was younger. I played it not that long ago, and I have no clue what i'm doing.

I don't know what the plot was then.

Posted

It has, liek, immeasurable amounts of story when compared to Ocarina of Time. I'd find it about equal to Majora's Mask. A huge element of its story is that it can link to previous games with the historical legends and all that, and it can talk about the Hero of Time and the Master Sword and everything in combination with its own elements of the flood and the only survivors bring the ones on the mountaintops. Ocarina didn't have much to link to

I do debate. I did that for a very long time.

A very long time.

I hate myself when I insult people, which is why I rarely do it. Seriously, I haven't insulted anyone besides YLA or Muffin in the longest. I'm a firm believer in the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" policy.

However, there are limits. This is a lost cause. Why do I fight for it? I'm not exactly sure. I can't take his narrow mindedness. He has insulted WW and toon style games on numerous occasions, for reasons that don't make any sense, and only show that he's immature and narrow minded.

When you were debating without insults, you made extraordinarily valid points. Apparently, though, as Y. Link Addict's opinion is an IMMOVABLE, OBDURATE ROCK, this seemed to have no effect. Is it having any more of an effect now, with the insults? Not really, right? Except it has shown that you've resorted to insults. The points are still there, but now instead of "PointpointpointpointHA-HA!" it's "PointpointYou'reDumbpointpointHA-HA!"

And...

CHOO CHOO, the train of thought has left the station.

Also, you have called Muffin and I idiots before. I think it was over a spelling error.

I did? That's odd; I don't remember doing this. But I guess I'm wrong D=. What word did you spell wrong, and I probably didn't mean it, liek, seriously, but you never know. =O I normally try not to act out of malice, lsekdrfg;sdng.

Also, it's "Muffin and me". Not "Muffin and I". You idiot.

I call hypocrisy.

Sahaqiel

jhsadjfnafs How is this hypocrisy, I didn't insult anyone D=. You can say that YLA's point is far from the big picture, he can say yours doesn't apply to himself. I was naming opinionated attributes of your point, which doesn't insult you unless your points are your beloved children. =O Not to mention that the whole thing was just meant lead up to a joke/not-so-much-of-an-irony-but-still-there kind of thing. Arguing is like, "ISJSF NUH-UH, YOU'RE AN IDIOT, GREEN IS WAAAAY BETTER THAN PURPLE, YOU POOP HEAD. >:("

Of course, there could possibly be excited utterances of "You're an idiot," but since this is the internet and I assume that we all have total control over the destinations of our fingers, excited utterances are irrelevant.

Also, I feel as though I'm making people angry. :unsure: I'd quote Emperor Palpatine right now if I didn't want to do just the opposite, for fear of my health.

Posted

Roflrofl, you said arguing was for children.

This is stereotyping against children.

There are some pretty mature children out thar.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well I guess I should like WW. In fact I'll play it now. :rolleyes: I'm not stupid. I beat 1, and 2, when I was younger. I played it not that long ago, and I have no clue what i'm doing.

I think we're actually getting somewhere.

Posted

If you're gonna tackle Wind Waker, be sure to have plently of Tylenol/Advil on hand :D

Kidding, kidding... Enjoy! :D

Posted

Can I just say, if you don't like a game, such as YLA doesn't like WW, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just as I hated LA because I found it confusing (well, I was six...). BUT, you don't have to whine and complain when somebody else likes it. And, then, someone else doesn't have to try and enforce their own opinion on someone else about a game. Just keep your own opinions to your self, unless you're theorising about something.

But please, you lot really don't have to fight about this.

Of course, you could now say that I'm a berk and should go and die in a river, which is why I'm walking away now.

Posted

P2TTL I agree with you completely.

Posted

Can I just say, if you don't like a game, such as YLA doesn't like WW, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just as I hated LA because I found it confusing (well, I was six...). BUT, you don't have to whine and complain when somebody else likes it. And, then, someone else doesn't have to try and enforce their own opinion on someone else about a game. Just keep your own opinions to your self, unless you're theorising about something.

But please, you lot really don't have to fight about this.

Of course, you could now say that I'm a berk and should go and die in a river, which is why I'm walking away now.

....WTF's a berk? :(

Posted

I think we're actually getting somewhere.

If you're gonna tackle Wind Waker, be sure to have plently of Tylenol/Advil on hand :D

Kidding, kidding... Enjoy! :D

Guys, that was sarcasime. That's what the rolling of the eyes were.