Doomsday 2012

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah. Could be.

I looked at a few videos on Youtube. But I still don't believe in it.

Posted

Ok sure the Mayans were very advanced. Now imagine this... you have no Hi-tech machines and your the tribe shaman and you are making the calendar, you go as far as you see fit, at the year 2012 you get tired SO YOU STOP. Big deal. Or here's one more therory, what happens when its the end of our calendar? WE BUY A NEW ONE. Chew on that.

Posted

I like to think that when you die you wake up as a tentacle hanging from a tree on a planet made of graphite.

Tentacle - 'What a weird dream'

Awe that would bee cool "Teto"!!! And its not weird ;D
I don't believe in the whole 2012 thing, but that's the next election. Maybe they were predicting Obama's re-election? The world is sure to end. :D

I love you :cry: I agree completely :flowers:

Yeah. Could be.

I looked at a few videos on Youtube. But I still don't believe in it.

Awe really Teto! Man I'm glad we agree on everything! Another score for the Tet'ster :applause2:

Posted

Again I rest on common sense and logic. What evidence do you have of doomsday 2012?

-sigh-

-slap's hand into his face and shakes it-

No,Zeldafan,I am not asking for evidence.I am asking for ideas and discussion like decent human beings should be able to do.That's what this entire thread is for.

Posted (edited)

Also, if you're going to make predictions please cite your source and not YouTube please, as anyone can make a video.

Also, the fact the the Mayan's were "more advanced in this area than us" is untrue, today's scientists aren't governed by Tarots and Biblical interpretations of stars.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

-sigh-

-slap's hand into his face and shakes it-

No,Zeldafan,I am not asking for evidence.I am asking for ideas and discussion like decent human beings should be able to do.That's what this entire thread is for.

Actually kind sir this thread is built on a lie/fairytale so please be kind and move this to the nonesense section before the gayan's do.

Posted

If we really are going to die in 2012, why didn't we die when CERN made the particle accelrator to try and recreate the Big Bang?

People who believe in 2012 doomsday, don't watch too much apocalyptic/Mayan movies. I don't know why.

ex: I Am Legend, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Terminator 3, etc

also, it won't be bad, because everyone in the world will be dead, which means that you don't have to achieve your goals, since there is nobody to see it.

Posted (edited)

You 100% believe that CERN tried to recreate the big bang? Honestly? Wow.

FYI: I don't know what it was for, exactly but i assume it was for scientific research not trying to recreate the big bang, DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY ACTUALLY DID CREATE THE BIG BANG? Think about it. Make a logical assumption and do not ever say that the particle accelerator is attempting to recreate the big bang.

Why didn't we die? Because it was hype. Media always create hype when new experiments are going to happen, they are like EXPERTS TELL US THAT WE MIGHT CAUSE A BLACK HOLE, where's the keyword? Can anyone tell me? might, obviously people read it as will and not might.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

The answer is yes.

Posted

there is no eminent apocalyptic threat for at least a few thousand more years, i being one of in human knowledge

Posted

All this 2012 stuff is based off of the mayan calender.

Last time I checked, they were wiped out by cortez thinking he was a god

They weren't exactly sane.

Then also, their calender was made of stone. Maybe they just ran out lol

Posted

All this 2012 stuff is based off of the mayan calender.

Last time I checked, they were wiped out by cortez thinking he was a god

They weren't exactly sane.

Then also, their calender was made of stone. Maybe they just ran out lol

That was actually the Aztecs,who thought of him as a God because of the pale-skinned God with a beard that they worship.It's quite possible that there was a European tat ended up there long before exploration actually started...He probably just didn't make it home to tell the tale.

I think that whatever will happen will happen,but we could try and figure out what'll happen.Will nothing happen on 2012?Will this Nibiru that I mentioned earlier show up?Will the rapture happen in 2012?We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted

Ok sure the Mayans were very advanced. Now imagine this... you have no Hi-tech machines and your the tribe shaman and you are making the calendar, you go as far as you see fit, at the year 2012 you get tired SO YOU STOP. Big deal. Or here's one more therory, what happens when its the end of our calendar? WE BUY A NEW ONE. Chew on that.

no. The Mayan's didn't use the Christian calender. By our interpretation, it ends on 2012, to them it ends on something else.

Think about it this way, the Windows Vista calender ends on 9999 31st December. you don't scream "THE WORLD'S GONNA END THEN"

HylianForrunner:

Living your life with the expectation that it will end in X is never a good thing. Eventually it will be embedded in your sub-conscious and you'll most likely die on that said date.

Posted

HylianForrunner:

Living your life with the expectation that it will end in X is never a good thing. Eventually it will be embedded in your sub-conscious and you'll most likely die on that said date.

What I'm saying is that we don't really need to worry about it.Just live your life and if it happens,so what?We all die someday anyway.

Posted

I've heard alot about this.. "doomsday"

i've heard some stuff:

Nasa discovered a HUGE celestial body at the very edge of our solar system.

I've heard many things.. a planet "x", an alien ship?.. and even "the sun's evil twin"..

They have all had one relation, It will enter our solar system.. and somehow interact with the sun?

The sun will then, cause chaos amog our planet, sending Large flares causing the Ultimate natural disasters everyone also talks about..

for about 2 months, this will go on, and it will pass. And a new age will emerge.

This has something to do with ancient Sumerians.. and their gods, i think. "giant peiople".

Oh well, that's just what i've heard.. Also, we are going to actually begin to see the planet in our skies by 2009..

and the view will gradually increase into 2012.

I dont know, i dont care, if it happens, it happens, we all die :grinninglink: