The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

'Well. I don't know what to say to this Ayame. Kaero looked up at Ayame and she looked back. 'Well. Do we know when?'

'No. Kaero. You wield the Triforce of Time. Do you know how I can prevent this?' Ayame asked hopefully.

'Ayame. If I have learned anything in my life about fate. It's this.' He looked at Ayame, 'I'm sorry Ayame. But if you're destined to betray us, that's what you're going to do. One way or the other. You can't avoid fate and that's a fact.'

Ayame was desperate, 'But. What if I got as far away from you as possible? I couldn't possibly betray you then?' she argued.

'Ayame. We need the entire Triforce to deafeat Dark Link. If you leave, you're betraying us that way.' Kaero pointed out.

'But Kaero-' Ayame started.

'Ayame! I'm sorry, but it's the truth. You might not like it, you might not like to hear it, but it's fact. You WILL betray us. Someday. Soon? Maybe. There's no telling. Things aren't as they seem. It could be a small betrayal though. I wouldn't worry yet. But... There is one thing. I had another dream in which Moira killed me. But this time... You were in the sidelines. You are partly responsible for my death. But I'm not denying that I will die. I'm not going to be sad over it. I'm just going to do as much as I can with the remainder of my life.' Kaero finished his long, pointless speech.

Ayame sighed, 'I understand. There's no escape from fate. I wish there was.'

'So do I.' Kaero said in a depressed tone. Ayame gave him a look of pity. He had to live with that knowledge that he was going to be betrayed and killed.

Ayame left Kaero and floated over the Moira.

Kaero lay down and looked around. It was odd that he was the only one to come close to killing Dark Link, but none of the others knew of it. He looked around. the camp. Where was Kaero B? Had he died in battle? He must have. Now he had absolutely no connections. No family. He was a shadow without a caster.

He drifted off into a dreamless sleep. He heard two very brief voices You! one shouted in fury, No! I'm-

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Kaero and Ayame were talking, and Ryoo and Moira did the same.

"Do you know of this 'PS3'?"

"I think he was making it up to sound cool. But he could do better. I mean, who would call themselves 'What is lost...'. Might as well call themselves 'Verge of truth...'."

"Yeah."

Around this time, Ayame had floated over Moira's head and Kaero had fallen asleep. Ryoo looked over to Kaero, and on the other side of him, there was a hand. It belonged to a Dark Hylian, who had managed to climb back up the cliff he had recently been thrown off.

"YOU!" he cried out in a fit of anger towards his attacker.

"No! I'm..." the mage stammered, looking for something to say. He eventually landed on the option of pointing to Moira saying "I'm armed!" He turned his head to Moira. "The master sword."

"Where?"

"Preferably in his head."

"How could I do that? With what?"

"Did you kill them easily?"

"Yeah... and?"

"Use that one!"

She drew the sword and stabbed the ticked off Dark Hylian. It was a light stab in the hand, but he disintegrated just like Zain.

"Whenever I say master sword, I mean that one! Evil can't touch it, or even slightly meniacle."

Ryoo thought it best, for future note, that they should all know of his untracable escape plan. Kaero was sleeping, but the mage was actually jealous of the wolf. Not even human shape, and gets the triforce.

He had teleported his Honour-Flare to a platform above the Great fairy in the cave of ordeals. He picks up the flare, and asked the fairy for passege outside. With all magic used unfindable, they make it to Lanayru spring.

For the meantime, they set up camp by the wolf, and finally got some sleep.

Posted

Ooc: Teto.....Teto, Teto, Teto......what the crap. XD That was hilarious.

Bic:

Moira slept with her brother safely beside her, but her hand had come to rest on the hilt of the sword, and there it stayed as she slept. The cloth bandages had begun to come unraveled, and her fingers brushed against a smooth, royal blue hilt. Her mind soared far away.....

She stood in the center of the Great Bridge of Hyrule. Lake Hylia shimmered below her. In the distance she could see the obelisks of the Arbiter's Grounds in one direction, the peaks of Hyrule Castle in another.

And she was not alone. A figure stood on each side of her, she between them. To the north, where Hyrule Castle lay, stood a beautiful Hylian woman, with brown hair, and wearing a royal gown. Queen Zelda.....

To the south, towards Ordon, stood another. The young warrior, blue-eyed and garbed in green. Link....

And Moira stood between them, grasping the sword in her left hand. Only this time, the wrappings and dust had fallen away, and years of discoloration had vanished. The blade shone brightly. It almost seemed to glow.

Zelda spoke. Her voice was commanding and regal, but still soft. "The Triforce is complete. It must not break, or Hyrule will fall."

Then Link spoke. "The Blade of Evil's Bane has been found. It must not be lost, or the Darkness will never die."

Suddenly, she was standing beside Zelda. The twin Triforce marks on their hands glowed. They were one.

She looked to where Link stood. There was a young man beside him, slightly similar in looks, but with brown eyes. He too had the Triforce of Courage on his left hand, and both marks glowed. ....Ralin. Moira knew she was looking at her brother, grown.

Zelda and Link spoke again.

"The throne of Hyrule must be reclaimed. Not by blood, but by the choice of the Goddesses."

"The Master Sword must be taken up once more. Not by blood, but by the choice of the Goddesses."

Moira spoke in her dream, "What are we supposed to do?"

Link answered her. "The Triforce of Time is powerful. It can slow or speed Time, stop Time, make things new and lock away things for eternity. The Hero must take up the sword, and he must take it up soon. The wolf will find a way."

Zelda finished the message. "Do not forget the wolf that is still within you." The moment she finished speaking, there was a sound like the rushing of water, and the waters of Lake Hylia rose, rose high above them, then came crashing down and consumed the Bridge.

Moira awoke with a start.

Posted

Ooc: Oh, and I'm going on a little trip...won't be back 'till Sunday night. You guys had better post some juice!

Posted (edited)

Big plot twist!

Kaero slept for some time, his dreams filled with endless rubbish. He awoke to the sound of crying and people shouting for their families. People lost their families in the attack and were desperately trying to find them. Kaero struggled to his feet and stretched. He saw Moira close by. She gave him an odd look and walked over to him.

'Kaero. We need to talk. You see, I had a dream. It spoke of the Triforce. It is complete. But there's one thing left to do. We need you to somehow... Well, make Ralin, my brother, that's what I've called him. Well, we need to make him older. Or take him into the future or something.' Moira finished, 'Can you do that?'

Kaero thought for a moment before speaking, 'Well. Maybe. I don't know much about all this yet. But... Maybe. I couldn't really sa-'

Kaero's eyes went white as he fell sideways onto the grass. He breathed heavily and he began to twitch. It will happen tonight. The time has come for you to pass on the force. No animal can truly control time and you couldn't possibly contain the power to fulfill your duty.

Kaero felt ill Moira shook him. Was all that a dream? Was it in his head or had he said it himself? Moira lifted his head, 'Kaero. Are you alright? What just happened to you?' Moira asked confusedly. She must have heard him.

'I don't know.' Kaero replied. There were a few people watching, amongst them Ayame and Ryoo watched, confused. 'What did I just say?'

'It's pretty hard to forget. You said, "It will happen tonight. The time has come for you to pass on the force. No animal can truly control time and you couldn't possibly contain the power to fulfill your duty.".' Moira told him. 'Kaero. Does this mean you can't take my brother to the future?'

'I. No. I don't think so.' Kaero said regretfully, closing his eyes. He wasn't sure what all this meant.

'Kaero. I think I know what it means.' Ryoo ran over talking quickly, 'Kaero. It says that no animal can control it. I think we may have to take the force from you.' Ryoo said with certainty, 'It's the only way to save Hyrule. You must do this.'

'O.k. I'll do it. But how? I'm sure you haven't taken a piece of the Triforce from someone before.' Kaero said, looking up at him whilst Moira helped him up.

'Yes. I have. When I swapped Wisdom and Courage, I had to absorb them and then give them back in the opposite bodies.' Ryoo said, looking at Kaero and nodding, a crowd had begun to gather, 'But with an animal... I'm not so sure.' Ryoo was in a tight spot. He knew how to do it, but he seemed to wish that there another way.

'Ryoo. How do you do it?' Kaero asked, urging him to tell.

Ryoo gulped and took a deep breath. 'I know that there is a way to take the Triforce from one and give it to another. Kaero. You have to die.' Ryoo looked at Kaero, who stared back, astonished.

'W-What?' Kaero said, panicky.

'I know how you must feel. But it's the truth. The fate of Hyrule is counting on your death. I know how to do it. I have seen many books describing its practice. Firstly you have to be restrained and I must use my magic to block your power from use. Then only one with the Triforce can kill you. It is harsh, I know. But it's the only way. We must do it now. Moira. You must do the killing. When he's dead the power will flow into the closest person, which shall be me.' Ryoo grabbed Kaero who found that Ryoo was surprisingly strong. 'Kaero. It's the only way to save Hyrule. You must die so that others may live. With your life, thousands will be saved. Moira. You must do it. Take up the blade. The time has come.'

'Let me go! There must be another way.' Kaero struggled, but couldn't free himself, 'Ryoo you bastrad! You can't kill me!' Kaero bit into Ryoo's hand, Ryoo winced, but kept a firm grip on Kaero's neck.

'It's the only way! Moira do it now!' Ryoo yelled, the pain in his hand making him impatient.

'Ryoo! No! We don't have to do this!' Ayame shouted, she too had begun to get angry and gave Ryoo a look of fiery contempt.

'Silence Ayame! Do you want Hyrule safe or not?! Moira kill him now!' Ryoo yelled.

'Moira! Please! You don't want to kill me! I saved your brother! Twice!' Kaero barked in desperation, Moira picked up the Master Sword slowly and looked down at it. Kaero had forgotten what he had told himself from the time he knew Moira was destined to kill him. He had told himself that it was his fate and he would have to die. But you don't know how you'd react until you're in the situation. Moira walked towards him, sword in hand. She raised it and readied her attack. 'Moira! No!' Kaero yelped. Moira thrust the sword towards him, 'Moir-' Kaero yelped. The field fell silent. Kaero fell to the ground. Blood flowed freely from his neck. He was dead. Moira still held the sword and pulled it out of his neck. She was shaking and breathing heavily. Her mouth hung open and tears slipped down her cheek. Her heart pounded in her throat. Ayame stared down at Kaero too. He was dead. There was no escaping fate. That was what Kaero had always said and now his fate had finally caught up with him.

Ryoo backed away and put his hand on his forehead. He felt sick with remorse, but it had to be done. Kaero lay in the grass, his pearly white eyes open with disbelief and fear. They stared into the distance. Kaero was dead and a golden light glowed on the back of his hand.

Posted

I just copied and pasted everything I've done in this RP onto Microsoft Word. I have written 20,205 words. And at size 11 for everything with all the big spaces between each paragraph cut out, it totals up to 31 pages.

Damn.

I'm not sure whether I'll continue with this RP. I like it, but I think this is where it ends for me ^-^

Posted

Note: Teto if your going to stopp with this RP then thanks for being in it.Half the people who signed up barely posted.Obviously excluding What is lost... and Gael.

Ayame just stared at Kaero's dead body.She was in a state of totally shock.Kaero was dead just like Rio and Aema,Ryoo had the Triforce of Time."S-so we need to go into the future right?" said Moria shakily breaking the silence. "Yes." said Ryoo. Ryoo made sure that everyone was ready to go and then bang! The last thing Ayame saw was Kaero's limp form and then she was going onwards to the future.Ryoo,Moria and Ayame all landed in the same place they had left but in the future.There were no tents anymore and Kaero's boby no longer lay on the grass.Moria looked at her brother who was now about 15."Wow,such a big change." Moria whispered.

Posted (edited)

Thanks. I don't think I'm going to leave though. I might just make a new character or take over one of the other characters nobody uses.

I'm just waiting for the right time to re-enter the RP.

Posted

"Yes, it is a big change. But certain things are the same. Dark Link is still in control, though some small resistances may have rebelled. All of us are 15 years older, but have not learned as much as we would have had we gone the usual way through time. Therefore, Ralin won't be able to speak." So that's why. "And you have just killed Kaero."

Moira, now at the age of 34, looked ashamed. Her sword had just killed somebody. Ayame had to say something.

"And we're still not finished in this journey."

Ryoo looked at her. "I won't be finished for a long time. But we are at the halfway mark in this Race and, hopefully, we will return and make this quest a whole lot less painful."

Moira looked up. "There's no chance of turning back now. But Dark Link must have noticed the resistance became a whole lot slower and we couldn't be found."

"By now, he'd have given up the search" assumed Ayame.

"No, he's the shadow of a stubborn man. Once his mind is set, he wouldn't give up easily. But we can still hope."

We need to.

Posted (edited)

Dark Link swirled his wine and stared into the fire. He sighed. He was thinking hard. The rebel armies were rising. He didn't know what to do. He was in a very tight spot. The empire he had built up was falling all around him. He wouldn't let that happen. He had to find the Triforce. But it had disappeared for fifteen years. He hadn't seen any of them since the battle in Kakariko. He had found a camp. His men massacred the people there, sparing no one. But still all they found was Kaero's powerless body. Something had happened back there and he was no closer to finding out what than he was the moment he found Kaero's body.

'Sir.', Dark Link was startled, but he didn't show it. 'Sir. We have reason to believe that the army of Ordonia is planning an attack.'

'You mean to tell me that you still haven't found them? It's one forest Argath. How difficult is it to find an entire village of people in one forest?!' Dark Link stood up quickly, sending his mahogany chair to the ground. The fire behind him crackled and spat as it rose, reflecting Dark Link's impatience and rage.

'Sir. We have tried to find them. We've sent our best and brightest out there to find them, but nobody has returned yet.' Argath said shakily, his eyes wide with fear and his heart threatening to break through his chest.

'Well, it's not enough! Send more! And in greater numbers this time! Do it now!' Dark Link drew his sword and pointed it at Argath's neck.

'Yes sir. I'm sorry for the distress I may have caused you.' Dark Link stared at him as he bowed out of the room. Argath bumped into another man who had just entered the room. It was Dark Link's second in command, 'Sorry.' Argath said hastily as he slipped out of the room and down the stairs.

Dark Link was facing the fire, his sword at his side. 'This better be good news. If not, then consider yourself dead.' no servant of Dark Link's had ever lasted longer than four months.

The man hesitated, but continued anyway, 'Sir there have been reports of a magical disturbance in the land outside of Kakariko.'

'This better be leading somewhere Komei.' Dark Link said, looking over his shoulder. His face looked fierce and the fire flickered. It was the only light in the room and it made Dark Link even more imposing than before.

'Yes, I believe so master. You see, one of our veteran mages from the battle of Kakariko believes that it could be the Triforce.' Komei finished. Hoping that this was good news.

'The Triforce. You mean to say that you have finally detected them? The ones that have evaded our sight for fifteen years?' Dark Link stood still facing the fire. Komei stayed silent. He was still unsure of how Dark Link had reacted to this news, until Dark Link finally said, 'Good.'

Komei sighed in relief, 'What would you have us do about this master?' Komei said, the smile he gave at Dark Link's approval was reflected in his voice.

'Send ten of our best men to the location of the disturbance immediately. We can't have them escaping again. They managed to keep out of sight for this long, I expect that they are capable of doing it again. Leave now.'

Dark Link grinned as Komei left the room. As Dark Link brought the chair back to it's feet, Komei re-entered the room, 'Master, I almost forgot. It has awoken. They need you on the second floor immediately.' Komei hastily exited and Dark Link heard him as he ran down the stairs. Dark Link calmly strutted out of the room. Finally. I have found you. The Triforce will be mine and Hyrule will kneel before my power at last.

Posted

I chose a bad time to die didn't I? And with Gael gone for a few days, this RP has just died... Until Gael gets back or I make a new character. I'm just waiting for the right time.

I will be prowling in the background for a while. Biding my time.

Posted

Yes and Yes. ...0.o Writer's block 0.o

Posted

Ooc: I'm BAAAAAACK! XD And I seem to have killed poor Kaero. :(

Bic:

Moira felt her face and her hands. She didn't feel too different, but her skin seemed less soft, her features less delicate, not that they were dainty to begin with, but somehow she felt...hardened. That may have been from age, but deep inside she felt it came more from the trials and sadness she had faced in her journey.

Neither Ryoo nor Ayame looked any different; after all, this was not Ayame's true form, and Ryoo didn't seem to age at all from what Moira could tell.

Then she looked at her brother. Ralin stood before them all, dressed in clothes not unlike Link's, but of duller and darker color. He looked around at his surroundings, his gaze finally resting on Moira. She almost cried again at the sight of him.

He doesn't know who he is..... she thought, remorsefully. Or who we are.

Ryoo saw the pained expression on her face and tried to explain. "He has the conciousness of a young man, Moira. His mind has matured along with his body, but he has no memory, no recollections of his past. Nor can he speak. I suppose one could think of him as a mute amnesiac."

Moira stepped towards Ralin, and put a hand on his shoulder. He seemed ready to step back, wary of this unfamiliar person. She spoke softly to him, "......my.....my name is Moira....I...I'm a friend."

"And I doubt he speaks Hylian." finished Ryoo.

Moira looked at Ryoo, then back at her brother. She was about to say something else, when Ralin nodded.

Even Ryoo was shocked. He shouldn't understand what we're saying... he thought. Unless....Link's spirit has something to do with this.

Moira pointed to the others, one after another. "This is Ryoo. This is Ayame." she said to Ralin. She looked him in his brown eyes. "You....you're name is Ralin." He seemed shocked at this last statement, before he smiled slightly and nodded his understanding.

Ryoo smiled a little as well. "This does make things a bit easier for us. Now Moira....let me see the Geit stone I gave you."

"The...oh!" she remembered, and pulled the stone out of her pocket and handed it to Ryoo. He stared at it a while, as if having his own private conversation with it that the others couldn't hear. His expression changed from one of questioning, to one of shock, then to one of resignation. He looked up at the others.

"Dark Link's men caught up with the villagers." he said. "Just after we had gone. None were left alive."

KAIREN! Moira's mind screamed as she nearly collapsed in shock. Ayame's expression was pained as well. "Perhaps..." said the Twili, "We should have stayed. Made sure they were safe...."

Ryoo shook his head. "We did what we had to do. I thought that with us gone, Dark Link would turn his attention elsewhere, but I've underestimated his cruelty. There is another piece of news, though....you're people, Moira, the Ordonians. They heard about what happened to Kakariko. They've been stockpiling weapons and converging forces from other colonies these past fifteen years. They're formed a resistance. An army."

"An army...." said Ayame. "And they think they'll fare any better than Kakariko, or the Army of Hyrule..?"

Ryoo pocketed the Geit stone. "They will. We are going to join them."

Moira knew what was coming. "This is it, isn't it...?"

Ryoo nodded. "The time draws near. Hyrule is going to rise up and wipe Dark Link from the map, or else die trying. And they are going to need us. We're going to Ordon."

Posted (edited)

ooc:Yay! Gael's back!

bic: "But...where on earth is Ordon now? For all we know Hyrule could be quite a bit different." Ayame said. "Well, fifteen years isn't long enough for something to completly change.The village of Ordon should still be in a similarly oriented place." said Ryoo. Ayame was about twenty eight now and although she was older in years she didn't quite feel older. "And anyway we should get moving." said Moria,Ralin nodded. So the four of them started off towards the village of Ordon which was still close to the Faron Woods. "So,how far is Ordon from here?" asked Ayame to no one in particular and perceptibly Moria answered her "Well,if it's location hasn't changed to much I'd say about two or three days."

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

O.k. I'm coming back. I've got my character idea. He is related to Kaero.

Name: Toro

Race: Wolf

Weapons:

History: He was born into the Ordon community. His family had lived in the woods for years before they found the Ordon people. Aema was his grandmother.

Good or Evil: Good

Appearance: He looks similar to Kaero, but with a light brown patch over his face.

Personality: He is similar to Kaero in personality.

You'll meet him when you reach the Ordon people.