The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooc: Omg I love you guys, you've written so much. :D Now I'm going to make up for lost time!

Bic: Moira kept glancing behind her as she led the mismatched group into Faron Woods. She felt safer now that their numbers had increased, and also now that she had seen some of Ryoo's power. Not to mention the strange power that lurked within herself now. But she knew, somehow, that they had not seen the last of Dark Link's second-in-command.

These part of the woods were very familiar territory for Moira. Messengers used a different exit every time they left the forest, so as not to attract attention to a particular spot, but she had used this path on more than one occasion.

Her mind kept wandering over the things she had been told. Her mother was alive, and had given birth to a son. But the child was a reincarnation of Link? The same Link who had given Moira the Triforce mark on her hand...?

This must be..., she thought. Why Dark Link is looking for him....but he's only a baby! What can he do now to defeat Dark Link?

Moira's thoughts were interrupted when she saw that they had reached the gorge. The party looked over the deep chasm below; there was no bridge to cross it. there hadn't been for years; the Ordonians had destroyed the rope bridge that had once hung there to keep outsiders from crossing the gorge.

Looking around her, she found a strong limb that lay on the ground. The mage and the Twili girl watched her with quizzical expressions. Moira walked over to a very familiar tree; it was very old, and two sword-lengths wide at the trunk. It was hollow as well. Moira raised the branch, and struck the tree.

Bwoooom!

The impact made a loud, hollow thud that carried into the gorge and all around them in the forest. Birds in nearby trees scattered. She struck the tree three more times.

Bwoom! Bwoom! Bwoom!

She lowered the branch to the ground. She looked over at Ryoo and almost laughed at the expression on his face.

"...What exactly...." he began.

"It means that the messenger has returned home. And it means that I'm not alone."

The moment after Moira spoke, one of the trees on the other side of the gorge began to move. Or rather, Ryoo and Ayame had thought it was a tree. It turned out to be a log bridge, with a chain and pulley system attached to it, very cleverly disguised. Slowly it lowered, just like a drawbridge, until it made solid contact with the ground on the other side. The top had been shaved to form a flat walking surface, but was surrounded by branches on both sides to maintain its tree-like illusion.

Ryoo stared at it for a moment, then uttered, "Ingenious."

They crossed the gorge then; Moira in the lead, with Ryoo behind her, carrying the unconcious wolf, with Ayame gliding at the rear. Once they were across, there was a great creaking and groaning sound, and the tree bridge was raised again.

They had only gone a few paces into the tree line, when Moira turned to face them. "I'm not going to take you to our settlement." she said gravely. "That is forbidden for the protection of our people. But I do know a safe place where we can rest...follow me."

The party said nothing as the followed Moira along a winding, overgrown path. It didn't look as if it got much use. The path turned and twisted several times, before it came to what might have been a clearing many years ago, but now resemble an overgrown patch of field. But nestled against the treeline was not a tree, but...

"A treehouse....?" said Ayame.

"We're on the outskirts of the old Ordon Villiage." explained Moira. If you turn there, "she indicated a path to the right. "It'll take you down to the Village proper. It's about like this really; overgrown, unused...it belongs to the animals now. This spot is more hidden than the rest of the structures, in any case."

They climbed a rope ladder and entered through the old, creaky door. The interior of the house was nearly empty; no furniture, no equipment. Only a cobweb-filled fireplace and a dusty wooden floor. There was a trapdoor near the rear of the space, but it was boarded up. They went inside, and Moira shut the door behind them, after taking one last survey of the outside area.

"No one's lived here for a century, maybe more." continued Moira. "We can stay here until dawn, and....well, I suppose figure out what we're going to do."

Posted

Dark Link materialized at the companion's campsite. There was no sign of them now, they had been gone for hours, and Dark Link was furious. He looked over by the trees, and saw the body of his second-in-command; unmoving on the ground, a blade in his back. This would not have killed a Dark Hyilan..but it seemed some magic kept him rooted to the spot.

Dark Link strode over and yanked the blade out of his back, throwing at aside. The other Dark Hylian gasped and, seeing his master standing over him, immediately got to his feet.

"M..Master, I..." he stuttered.

"You failed me is what you did. You disobeyed my direct orders. Thanks to you, we are no closer to finding that child!" Dark Link interjected angrily, his voice growing louder with each statement.

"Forgive me, Master, I...I can try again!"

"Your lust has already cost me, you fool...if you fail me again...."

The lower Dark Hylian seemed sincerely frightened. "I will not fail you again! I will find the one you seek, Master."

Dark Link stared at him for a time, before finally speaking.

"You will go back into Faron. You will bide your time, and when you find the one who oppose me, you WILL stay hidden. You will follow them, but they will not sense your presence."

"Y...yes, Master...."

"Let them lead you. Follow them until they find the child. Then you will act. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Master. I will not fail you again."

Dark Link nodded his head, and began to walk away. Before he disappeared, he turned his head back.

"You know the consequences, Zain. You shall not fail me."

And then he was gone.

Posted

Kaero awoke in the corner of a small room. Ryoo and Ayame were talking next to an empty fire and Moira was gone. Kaero stood and noticed that his side was filthy. The floor was covered in a blanket of dust. He walked over to the open door, leaving dusty footprints behind him. He looked out into the clearing. He felt Ryoo's stare. He heard him ask Ayame a question. Ayame spoke. 'We're in Ordonia. Moira's gone out to the village. You could go out too if you like. Who knows? You might be able to get some info from the local animals.', Ayame continued with her conversation. Ryoo's voice was grave and pitying. Kaero wished he could understand him, but he failed to understand a word.

Kaero decided to go and explore a little. He was in a tree house. Somebody must have carried him up. He jumped down and landed surprisingly softly in the overgrown grass. The sun hung in the sky above and the trees were green with leaves. There were two paths he could follow. He picked one at random and set off. As he walked his foot fell upon a piece of wood, no, a wooden sword. He thought no more of it and continued down the path.

The trail twisted and turned for some time. The trees were denser, but they soon opened up and to his right, he saw a gorge, and on his right, there was another path. He decided to follow the path. It went on for some time. There was a village ahead. He stopped, looked again, and noticed Moira talking to an excited looking woman. He thought he might as well go to see her. So he set off for the village, completely unaware how hostile they were to anything from outside the village. He innocently entered the village and got a huge shock when a man yelled at the top of his voice, 'Wolf!'

The people instantly panicked and ran for their homes. He saw Moira in the chaos trying to calm people down. She must have seen him and was trying to tell them that Kaero wasn't a threat. Nonetheless, some of the villagers attacked Kaero, Kaero dodged and darted out of the village and into the trees. He felt the presence of a dark figure coming up behind him. Following him. He knew that the villagers had given up the chase, but there was a new threat hot on his heels and picking up speed. Kaero weaved in and out of the trees, minding not to trip or he would be caught. But he wasn't quick enough. He slipped in the must and rolled into a tree. He had broken his leg and the dark figure stood above him, blocking to light and casting Kaero into shadow. A hand reached down and grabbed Kaero, he materialized and he was gone.

Posted

"Kaero has been gone for quite some time now."Ayame thought.Moria wasn't back yet either.Then Ayame saw Moria rushing back towards the treehouse.When she had clambered up she said"Kaero has attacked by some villagers,I tryed to calm them down but they chased him off."Moria gasped.At these words Ayame jumped to her feet and jumped down from the treehouse and sped off towards the village.

Posted

Somebody continue, I'm going to think of what will happen with Dark Link...

Or someone else can do it.

Whatever. I don't mind...

Posted (edited)

Ryoo jumped up and chased her, only a few paces behind. Sleep is overrated. Kaero was gone, and that couldn't be a good thing in this instance. There was already a rather epic battle, and now somebody went missing. Nayru was obviously working on his bottom 10. Going down to number one.

He changed direction away from the village, and into the woods. Passing the tree house, he beckoned Moira to follow him. Ayame noticed, and realised the flaw in her path. Eventually, he was face to face with one of the most ingenious things he had ever seen in terms of hiding. The two caught up to him.

"Why the rush?" asked Moira.

"How in Din's name do you use this bridge?"

"If you can't cross this bridge, how could Kaero?"

"Exactly why I think he was taken. He's nowhere near here, he can't cross this bridge. Kaero's in danger."

With a sigh, Moira went over to a wall, pulled down a stone and a chain dropped, lowering the bridge. An inhabitant of Ordon came over, expecting them to leave and him to raise the drawbridge.

As it fell, Moira walked up to Ryoo. She said in a voice only directed to him, "Everyone has there tells. What's the real reason you're in such a hurry?"

"Why else? Your brother is prime target of Dark Link right now. He'd do anything to find Link. I'm not sure whether he'd kill him or corrupt him, but we don't want either to happen."

The bridge was down. Ayame glided across it as fast as she could. Ryoo realised it was too slow having to slow to imp speed, and convinced Moira to carry her on her shoulder. They heard the bridge rise but didn't bother to look.

They sprinted forth. Ryoo still wanted to know more information to lead him to Link. There, he would find a Dark Hylian that happened to be in the area. It most likely had Kaero with it. The enemy fought earlier that night came to mind.

"Do you know how to find Rox?"

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)

Posted

Kaero was dreaming. It was odd. All he saw was a golden baby carried by a dog, walking through a field. Freakin weird.

He woke. A man was sitting next to a tree and he was tied up with tough rope. His leg was broken and ached. Sharp pains stabbed at his skin. He was covered in scars. and they stung and bled. They were infected and needed medical attention. This guy wasn't going to help him. Kaero never bothered struggling. It would just make the pain worse. He lowered his head and stared at the man. He seemed deep in thought, paying lots of attention to his surroundings. But not Kaero. The man looked at him. He said something, probably to himself, then he flicked his wrist and Kaero shuddered violently. he had cast some kind of spell on him. Kaero's shuddering calmed down until he, once again, fell unconscious.

Posted

Moira slowed her running so that she could answer. "Rox"? she asked. "Rox the Skull Kid...? But how could he help us find Kaero, or Mother?"

Ryoo smiled to himself. "You'd be very surprised what a being as old as a Skull Kid can do."

"Well..." Moira thought. "I can't be completely sure he'll help us, but I think I know where we can find him. There's a path I know that leads to the deepest part of the forest."

"And you can lead us there...?" asked Ryoo.

Without answering, Moira indicated with a tilt of her head to follow her, an she set off again at a run. The diverged from the path they had taken to enter the forest, running into a dark passageway. They could feel themselves walking uphill, and twisting and turning, but it was pitch black. Finally, they emerged. The stood at the edge of a dry lake bed. There was even an old dock, but no water. Only grass and roots, with tall trees creating a canopy of leaves and branches.

Moira set off across the lake at a run. "This way!" she shouted over her shoulder. Ryoo kept pace as best as he could. Where is she getting all that strength...? he thought to himself. She's unfairly fast.

Posted

Ooc: Just FYI, I do have a perfectly good explanation as to why Moira's mother ran away, and where she and the child are. She had the child in the Sacred Grove, and they are hiding there now. XD So, mum's alive.

Bic:

By the time Ryoo caught up with the other two, they had reached another clearing, and yet another gorge. There was a giant dead tree on the other side, connected by a crumbling and dangerous-looking path, but as Ryoo noticed, Moira was ignoring the path completely. She had climbed atop a giant root and was feeling along the side of the cliff. "I've found it!" she exclaimed. "Come over here."

What she had found was a way to climb around the corner of the bluff. Wrapped around the edge of the bluff was a net of ropes, like many ladders tied together. It was overgrown with vines, but still easy to grip.

Ryoo looked at the crossing, then looked back at Moira. "I'll admit, Ordonians are certainly resourceful."

"Some of us can't rely on magic to get us where we need to go. We actually have to work." she retorted.

As they spoke, Ayame simply floated down from the root until she reached a small cliff. An entrance! she thought. She looked back at the other two. They had just began to climb, like spiders, along the face of the cliff. Hm. They'll be along, I suppose. With that, she glided into the deepest part of the forest.

Posted

Dark Link stared into the fire. The Castle Library was dark, and cold, but for the blazing fireplace, which illuminated the Dark Hylian's cold but handsome features. To an outsider, he would have looked lost in thought, and he was.

Where are you hiding..... He took a sip of wine. He knew his counterpart was not sleeping the long sleep of the afterlife. He knew he was awake, and the power granted by the Gods with him.

That power is mine by rights. Dark Link thought, his temper building. It should belong to ME!

He threw the wine glass angrily into the fire. It shattered against the stone, and the flames erupted, momentarily illuminating the room.

Where is it! And where are the other two?!?! I need them all....all three.

The fire died down again. Dark Link continued to stare into its depths.

I think....perhaps it is time to call on an old friend. he mused. Slowly, a smile crept over his face, and he threw his head back and laughed. Yes! Who better to help me find the powers than one who held one of them so long ago?

He turned and strode from the room. It was time to communicate with the King of Light and Shadow.

Posted

Kaero lay whimpering. He wouldn't be able to survive for long without food or medical attention. He was slowly bleeding to death. His many scars throbbed. He had noticed some fresh ones since last time. This man had been cutting him. Out of boredom? Kaero didn't know. The man looked at him again. His expression was blank and he looked as though he was thinking of what to do with Kaero. The man stood up. He looked angry. He drew his sword held it against Kaero's neck. He spoke, Kaero remained unable to understand him. But his tone was threatening. The man yelled what he had said before. More angrily. Did he expect Kaero to understand him? Or even reply? This man was pretty damn stupid. Or, maybe he had just lost it. Was he going to kill him? The man yelled in anger and frustration, hastily sheathed his sword, picked up his things and looked at Kaero, he said something else and laughed. He tuned to the trees and disappeared into the darkness. Kaero still couldn't move. He still bled and soon he would be dead. Unless the others saved him. He lay his head back on the floor. He stared into the darkness and fell into a painful sleep.

Kaero has 3 real-time days to live. Consider the timer started.

No pressure.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo and Moria fibally caught up with Ayame at the entrance to the Sacred Grove."This is the place."Ryoo said."This is where the Sacred Grove lies ahead,the Skull Kid Rox also lives here." Moria and Ayame exchanged a look."Ryoo,many people get lost in the forest."said Ayame tentively."We won't."he said simply and then he strode into the forest followed by Moria and Ayame.As Ayame entered the forest she felt something this must be part of the Twilight connection Kaero and Ayame shared,she knew he was in danger.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Kaero was asleep. His dreams were odd. They were flashes of grey with the occasional voice or image. It the gray flashes lessened and an image came into focus in front of him. It was a forest and he was floating through it. Moira and Ryoo walked in front of him. Was he in the body of Ayame?

'Which way?' Moira asked, as they neared a crossroads in the forest.

Ryoo looked at them both. The trees around it and the soil underfoot. 'This way, he said, pointing down the left path.

'How do you know?' Kaero felt himself say, but it was Ayame talking.

'I just do, come on.' Ryoo said, they continued down the path.

'Don't you think we should find Kaero? I don't know how, but I just know he's in trouble and in a lot of pain.' Ayame said worriedly.

'No. The child is what is important. We will find Kaero after. But if you're so intent on finding him, do so.' Ryoo answered, still looking forwards into the gloomy darkness ahead.

'No. He- He should be o.k. This is more important.' Ayame answered, but there was one question she felt she should ask, 'But. About his brother, Rio, should I-' Ayame began.

'No. He shouldn't know. Perhaps never. But I can't promise that he wont find out. Somehow.' Ryoo answered, predicting her question, like always.

'O.k. I see. I wont say a word. I promise.' Ayame said.

'It's not me that is asking you not to tell him, you're the one he'll hate for it. Not me. Moira and I understand that you had no choice, but Kaero, I don't think he will be as understanding.' Ryoo told her. Ayame stayed silent and floated onwards.

There was a loud crash and Kaero awoke. A tree had collapsed next to him, he raised his head to look, but it just ached more. There were no extra scars this time. But the old ones remained and continued to bleed. It had been that sicko who was cutting him. Kaero continued to bleed. And continued to die.

The clock is ticking.

Note: Watch what you say, Kaero could be watching. Whatever you do say, I'll decide whether Kaero was dreaming the scene or not.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

After walking for awhile a Skull Kid jumped down in front of Ryoo."Why hello."he said."About time Rox,much longer and we would have been walking in circles for days."Ryoo replied grumpily."So,you're going to the Sacred grove to find the child?"Rox inquired swing his Poe's lamp."Yes,would you take us there?"Ryoo asked."Sure."said Rox he turned around and walked off.Ayame,Moria,and Ryoo followed the Skull Kid and with each step Ayame couldn't help thinking."Kaero...he's going to die if we don't hurry".

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Note: I'm slipping a theory into the story, if you don't like it, say so. I don't mind if you don't. I'm just making this up as I go.

Kearo had, once again, slipped into a deep sleep, the familiar shades of gray lashed across his mind, as did the image of a poe's lamp swinging in the distance. Was this Ayame again? The image slipped away and never returned. Another dream found him. Far more pleasant this time. Three golden triangles, Kaero had no idea what they were, but he knew they symbolized power. In three different forms. They rested in bodies. Alive. He could see them. Each of them, they were-

Kaero woke up with a start, he didn't know what shook him from his sleep, but he had already forgotten what he was dreaming about. There were three anyway. But. He wasn't sure. He had forgotten the faces, but not the number. There were four.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)