The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ooc: That map is teh awesome, Lostie. XD

Bic:

Ryoo was silent for a moment, before flatly asking, "Do you bear a Triforce mark, Ayame?"

"I...no, I don't." she replied.

Ryoo nodded, satisfied. "Then I do not believe you are the one." he said bluntly. He turned and kept walking. The others watched him go, then turned back to Ayame. Moira cautiously Reached a hand out and touched Ayame's shoulder. "I think..." she said, concentrating. She didn't know what she was looking for, or even if she'd be able to sense it were it there at all.

Finally, she withdrew her hand and looked Ayame in the eyes. She had kneeled down to her level. "I think...he's wrong. Or at least, he may be wrong." She looked over her shoulder to make sure Ryoo wasn't listening in. "It's not like I know anything about magic...I mean, you probably know more than I do, but....I think there is something within you Ayame. And you're right; you are the last of your race. That has to mean something."

She stood, and re-adjusted the weight of her brother in her arms. "Maybe we'll find some more answers in Kakariko. Maybe not. We just have to keep searching." She turned and followed Ryoo.

Ryoo was already a little ways ahead. "Is four days not long enough to reach Kakariko for you....? If you keep standing there talking, you can make it a week!" he called back to them.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Kaero kept up with Ryoo, following behind him and avoiding any contact with Moira and Ayame, Ayame killed his brother and Moira was going to kill him. But they were the closest things he had to family and he couldn't ever leave them, even if he tried. He had to stay with them. He was sure that he wouldn't be able to survive in this world, it was beautiful, but far more dangerous than his own.

'Kaero.' Ryoo spoke so suddenly, Kaero got a small fright, 'I would like to know about your power, did you obtain it in any way?' Ryoo asked.

'Eh... No, I don't think so.' Kaero replied plainly, 'I think it's always been there, hidden under my hair.'

'That's what I thought too. The Triforce of Time... I feel that I should find this more amazing than I do.' Ryoo said, he was smiling and looking into the distance. 'Kaero.'

'Yes?' Kaero answered quickly, 'What is it? You need to know about it?'

'No. I need to know about your family. If I'm correct, the Triforce is passed from generation to generation.' Ryoo said, now looking at Kaero, Kaero could hear Moira and Ayame talking behind them.

'Well, if you want to know about my family, I don't know. My parents died and I didn't really get to know them or anything else about my family.' Kaero answered.

'Ah, I see. What about your siblings? Do they know anything about it?' Ryoo asked, not knowing that he was the only one left.

'I- I don't have any brothers or sisters. They all died. Most of them died in my world of hunger, Aema died in Faron woods and Rio... Ayame killed Rio...' Kaero finished and looked back at Ayame who hovered along, talking to Moira.

'I see.' Ryoo fell silent and never said a word to Kaero for the rest of the trip.

Posted

When they reached the gates of Kakariko,Ayame asked "Ryoo,how do we..." At that moment Ryoo drew a key out of his pocket and inserted it into the lock.Click,the gates opened.The town seemed deserted.Moria seemed tense and aprehensive.Ryoo continued without a word.Then they heard a twig snap behind them and they all turned to look into a dark alleyway between two shops.

Posted

They all froze and stared into the shadows. Slowly, a figure emerged, hooded and cloaked, from the alley. And he was pointing an arrow directly at Ryoo. Then another figure emerged from atop the roof, then another from the window of a second ramshackle building, and then another, and another.... Before they knew it, the party was surrounded by a dozen or more villagers, each holding a bow with an arrow nocked and pointed straight at them.

The fur on Kaero's back began to rise as he uttered a low growl. The first figure stepped towards the group, addressing Ryoo but still not lowering his weapon. "Who are you, and why are you here?" he demanded. "Speak!"

Suddenly Moira spoke. "Kairen?!"

"Who..." began the man. The gazed at her a moment, before lowering his hood. He was a young man, with pale skin and blonde hair. "Moira?" he asked. "I barely recognized you! I....you...?!?"

He put his bow down and ran to stand in front of her.The others didn't lower their weapons from Moira's companions, but they seemed a little less tense now. "You're alive! Your horse came back to the village without you, and we never heard from you...we thought something terrible had happened!" He grinned and embraced her, then he noticed the bundle in her arms. "What is....?"

"It's a baby, Kairen. My brother. That is Ryoo, a magic-user. Ayame...." she indicated with a nod of her head." A...a Twili, crazy as it sounds, and Kaero."

"..a wolf." said Kairen.

"I was about to say that." said Moira, sarcastically.

"Well..." said Kairen, looking around at the rest of the villagers. "I suppose you can put your weapons down..."

"Keep them up!" bellowed a voice from behind the other, and an older Hylian stepped forth.

Moira nodded her head. "Endor."

The older Hylian stepped up beside the younger man, and surveyed the odd group. "Moira....you know it is forbidden to bring outsiders here. And whether you trust them or not, they now know of the colony." He turned and began to walk off. "Keep them under guard, all of them. Bring them underground, into the tunnels; I will want to speak with them shortly."

Without another word, besides "Move!", the group was marched into the abandoned inn, where a trapdoor was raised, and they began the slow, torch-lit descent into the hidden tunnels of Kakariko.

Posted (edited)

Note: Are we going to go to the future in this like in OoT? Because, like I already said, the baby isn't going to beat Dark Link in his current state.

Kaero was pulled along by one of the guards. For some reason he wasn't able to understand him and Kaero couldn't tell him to let him go. He was hurting him by pulling on his hair, Kaero struggled free and walked up behind Ryoo. The guard looked as if he was going to say something, but stopped when he noticed that Kaero wasn't causing any trouble. 'Ryoo.' Kaero said, looking up at Ryoo.

'Yes Kaero?' Ryoo answered, glancing at Kaero, 'Is it about Kakariko? Or something else?'

'Something else. I think I should tell you something. But not here.' Kaero told him.

'I see.' After this, Ryoo said nothing. They continued through the tunnels. They passed many guards. There were guard dogs wolves also, there was one in particular that looked oddly familiar. The guard wolf looked at him as Kaero passed. He seemed as surprised as Kaero was. They looked identical. Kaero stared at him, he had forgotten what he was talking to Ryoo about. Kaero had stopped dead still, staring at the guard wolf.

'Kaero. Move. You don't want to be killed do you?' Ryoo asked, giving Kaero and exasperated and annoyed look. 'Kaero!' he yelled after no response.

Kaero didn't listen, the guard wolf walked up to him and pushed him onwards, but he didn't return to his post, he followed Kaero. 'Who are you?' he asked. Ryoo had continued through the tunnel.

'My name is Kaero. What's yours?' Kaero asked. The other wolf looked back at Kaero in amazement.

'I... I'm Kaero. This is too weird. Where are you from? I'm from the outsides of Kakariko. Do you have brothers? Sisters?' The second Kaero asked.

'No. They're all dead. I'm from another world. It's horrible. I think you would call it the dark world or something like that...' Kaero answered.

'What? You're from the dark world... Then... Surely you're evil? You... You must be my dark counterpart!' The second Kaero was angry and worried.

'I'm not evil! Who ever said that dark counterparts have to be evil? And besides, maybe you're the evil one! How can I be sure?' Kaero varked at him, the tunnel had fallen silent. Ryoo, Moira and Ayame were staring at Kaero. 'I maybe from the dark world, but that doesn't mean I'm evil!'

'Kaero. You're from the dark world? Why didn't you mention this? This is incredibly important!' Ryoo seemed furious. Kaero was silent.

'What?! You think I'm evil too?' Kaero shouted incredulously. The guards behind him shouted. They saw him as a threat also. Four guards made to grab Kaero, as did the second Kaero. Kaero wasn't going to be killed. He wouldn't let it happen. He blinked hard. He opened them to see the scene before him frozen in time and silent. Kaero knew it was his power that caused this. Without a doubt, he held the fourth piece. He looked at Ryoo and his companions. They didn't care for him. Ayame killed Rio. Moira was destined to kill him, though she didn't know it yet. Ryoo had seemed to turn on him. When Kaero had frozen time, Ryoo was drawing his sword. They were all against him. He wasn't so sure of Ayame, but he knew that he hated her most of all. He couldn't forgive her. He stared at them all. This world truly was horrible. The people were horrible. He had thought that it was different, but it was just as horrible as his own world. Kaero couldn't see dark or light anymore. He wasn't sure whether his own world was even the dark world anymore. This world seemed just as evil. Danger was everywhere. Kaero decided it was time to go. He didn't know where, but he had to leave the group.

Kaero turned and walked back up the passage and into Kakariko village. He looked at the guards as they talked. They were also frozen in time. Kaero looked back into the tunnels. He growled to himself and walked from the village.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Note: I never knew Ryoo had a sword. This is a revelation for me!

Kaero ran from the village. The moment he was far enough from the spring, it glowed. the light struck the water, and set in motion. Time had restarted.

Back in the tunnels, time was taking notice of it's activity. Ryoo was now wielding an admittedly small bread-knife of a sword. His eyes darted around, until they reached an empty spot where the wolf was once.

He knew there were many other eyes on the same area and that nobody in the room knew the slightest about what had just happened. The best idea was usually Ryoo's, but this time, he was stumped.

"What just happened?" asked Moira. Nobody could answer. Nobody knew how.

Eventually, Ryoo just said what everyone was thinking. "I have no idea."

"That's a first" said Ayame. It was in fact true. He was confused from time to time, but had never in his entire life up to the maximum of his memory been unable to make any sense of the situation.

"But this puts on a whole new perspective on the 4th piece. I used to think it was something soul related, but now that thought has been demolished, and I never thought it was a power of evil beings. I thought the previous owner going nuts was just due to feeling left out. Did make sense if you met him. But now I'm certain it had been influenced more so by the Triforce of Time."

One of the guards, presumable Endor, spoke up. "I did not understand a word of that, of what has just happened. However, we do need to take priority. Right now, the wolf is our priority. Do what you must and leave."

"Thank you, Endo-" started Moira.

"And nothing else" continued Endor. And with that, they left.

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)

Posted

Note: Sorry about that. I just assumed he did.

Kaero stared back at the village, panting. There was an uproar of anger and confusion. They were after him. Surely he had destroyed any trust they once had in him. Kaero began to believe that he was in fact evil. It couldn't have been true, he thought. But. He must be. He felt powerful. Almost Godlike. He began to breath heavily. He grinned. He saw a Ryoo at the entrance to Kakariko. He ran towards Kaero, he was unarmed. The others at the village must have known that Ryoo was the only one he was on good terms with. They stood at the entrance, watching. Archers readied their bows and took aim on Kaero. They watched in silence as Ryoo got closer.

'Kaero. Listen. I don't know what just happened, but if you continue like this, I assure you that you will end up like Rio. Dead. Do you really want to continue down this slippery slope?' Ryoo said. He looked nervous. Kaero couldn't believe what had happened. All in one day. The sky was dark. Kaero realized what he was becoming.

'Ryoo. I've been trying to tell you... I need to get away from you.' Ryoo looked confused, 'You see. Moira. I think she might kill me.'

'What? Why would she?' Ryoo asked confusedly.

'I don't know. But I know she will. I dreamed it. No dream I've ever had has been wrong. I see what's coming. Whether it's connected to the force or not, I can't say. But I know that she's going to kill me. When? How?... I don't know.' Kaero replied, shaking his head.

'But. Kaero. If she does kill you, might that be because you go to the side of Dark Link?' Ryoo asked. It seemed a fair enough point, but time couldn't be fooled so easily.

'Ryoo. Time would know that you would say that. You can't fool time. You would have to know what would happen if you could deceive it. But even then, when you see the future, time changes. I don't even know if Moira kills me anymore. But...' Kaero was figuring this out as he spoke, 'Time does. You can never know the future. Nor can I. Your life just rolls past. You can't see what decisions you must make. You make your own decisions.' Ryoo was silent. He understood what Kaero meant. 'But I'm going to let fate decide. Goodbye, Ryoo.'

Kaero turned and walked into Hyrule Field. It was at that moment that Kaero heard Endor shout, 'Attack! Don't let him escape! He must die!'

'No! Stop!' Ryoo shouted, turning to the archers as they loosened their bows, a single arrow hitting it's target and stabbing Kaero in his back, left leg. Kaero barked and turned to Kakarikio. He was enraged. Adrenaline built up and he began glowing. He let off a black aura as he growled. The men that had began to charge had stopped. 'Kaero! Stop this now!' Kaero tried to stop but he couldn't. He focused, but it made the aura bigger, he suddenly let out a burst of lightning. Kaero felt cold, as if a cold wind was blowing.

More guards began to attack and the others brought up the courage to do so too. Kaero barked at them, trying to intimidate them. But they obviously saw that he was vulnerable, so they continued their attack. Something was happening to Kaero. He glowed blue all of a sudden and raised off the ground. Kaero struggled to breathe. Something, not from this world was suffocating him. It was a powerful spirit. Kaero shook and twitched, his eyes wide with fear. He stopped suffocating and he could at last breathe. He took in one deep, cold breath. He fell to the ground, he hadn't raised very far from the ground. He was unconscious.

'Kaero.' Ryoo said. 'What are you?' Ryoo looked at him. 'He's not dead. He's fine. But. We can't kill him. I feel that he of importance.'

For some reason the guards did as they said. The second Kaero emerged from the crowd. He growled at Kaero. Moira pushed past him, Ayame floated over him. 'Come on. Let's get him back to the village.' Moira said, Ayame nodded.

Posted

Note:I guess we'll have to go forward in time.Unless anyone else has an idea.

The three of them and Kaero were walking back towards the village.It was with a silence that Ayame associated with a funeral service.Ryoo looked angry,Moria solmen and the guards looked angry that they couldn't kill Kaero.Ayame didn't know if she should be angry or not.On one hand Ayame didn't want any of them dead and on the other hand Kaero didn't forgive her which she understood.What happened back there...it gave Ayame chills and they were no closer to finding out who held the Triforce of Power.When they reached the village Ayame went to the highest point of the town and sat there staring at the setting sunnot speaking when she had left them Ryoo and Moria had seemed surprised but had contuinued on with the guards.

Posted

Nightfall had come, and the group had been given rooms courtesy of Kakariko. They were bizarrely obliged to help, as they seemed to be closer to them at stopping Dark Hylians.

The girl, the imp and the sorcerer were in the room. It was a simple, torch-lit, underground room with 3 cots and a carpet made specifically for Kaero. Ayame chose one first, and sat on it. Moira did the same, but didn't choose the one Ayame had. Ryoo had automatically gained the remaining cot, but preferred to lean against the dirt that made a wall.

"What on earth has gotten into Kaero?" said Ayame, attempting to start conversation.

"The triforce of time. Obviously" remarked Moira.

"It pains me to hear that" replied Ryoo. He recently had many beliefs destroyed by a companion. It was no fault of anyone, but it could change a person's reactions to things.

"Weird thing to say" commented Ayame.

"Can I help it? No."

"Well it's still weird."

Moira looked at the floor. "But still, he has gone rather mad, hasn't h-?"

"I will forever wonder about the triforce, and how it affects people."

"Is there a reason you have to interrupt every questi-?"

"All right then, I'll leave. It is best to be near light, when having clear thoughts. so why not kill two birds with one stone. Sleep isn't that important. You two should top up."

He walked out the room, through the hallways and out of the tunnels.

Posted

Kaero was dreaming once more. He was amazed that he was still alive, but that was besides the point. The dream was the same. Moira walked towards him holding a sword. It was the same. But this time, he felt the blade piercing his flesh. He woke with a start, he had rolled onto a sharp stone. He rolled back onto the carpet. Moira was still awake. Ayame was asleep and Ryoo wasn't there. Moira spoke.

Posted

Ayame woke suddenly that night and saw Moria talking to Kaero.The power of the Triforce was strange but how on earth were they going to find the person who held the Triforce of Power unless it was Kairen no one in this town seemed like they would weild the Triforce.Ayame caught snatches of conversation that made no sense to her groggy brain and eventually she drifted off to sleep her dreams willed with unknown people and the Triforce.But then the dream changed she was staring out at what appeared to be a battlefield it looked as though a whole army had been slaughtered,it stirred something in Ayame's memory but she didn't quite remember what it was,and then the dream changed into darkness.

Posted

As Moira sat on her cot, her baby brother asleep in a woven cradle-basket borrowed from the villagers, she heard Kaero begin to stir. She turned and watch him as he suddenly awoke after rolling onto a stone. He rolled himself back into the carpet, but she saw the look of shock on his face when he saw that he was manacled to the wall. He seemed like he was about to struggle, so she spoke to him.

"Kaero, Kaero, listen...just calm down and listen a moment!" she said, hurriedly. He stared at her. He was tempted to growl.

"Just..listen. We're keeping you here for your own protection. I don't know if you were aware when it was happening, but something happened to you when you ran from the village. You must have lost control of your power, or another power was trying to seize control of you.....Ryoo's not sure himself. But..I don't want you to think of us as enemies, Kaero."

He continued to stare at her. Hard to think of someone as a friend... he thought, when you know they're going to kill you.

She looked back into his eyes. "Kaero......did you really have a vision of me killing you?" she asked, quietly.

He nodded his lupine head, still not speaking.

Moira's expression saddened. "Kaero....I don't think you are evil. And I would never kill you,...unless....you tried to kill me....." Her eyes unconciously wandered to where her brother lay. Kaero noticed this.

She stood and put on her hooded cloak. She picked up the cradle, and then looked back at the wolf. "I'm going to speak with some of the villagers....if Ryoo comes looking for me, tell him that." Kaero noticed that she didn't want to leave her brother alone, with Ayame asleep, anywhere near him. She turned and left the chamber.

After winding her way through the tunnels, she came to the largest chamber. It had torches along the walls, along which were lined boxes of dried foods, kegs of ale, and various tools and equipment. There were long wooden tables in the room, three of them, positioned vertical to the entrance.

Endor sat at the end of one of the tables, looking over several maps and charts, but he seemed unsurprised at her arrival. "Moira." he said flatly.

She respectfully nodded her head. "Endor. May I...?"

He nodded silently, not looking up from the table.

Moira strode over to him and placed the cradle down to the side. "Sir, I know much has happened since our arrival, it's going to be.....complicated...trying to explain ourselves to you..." she said.

Endor snorted. "Forget explaining to us, try explaining to Doren when he returns from Death Mountain!"

Moira winced at the mentioning of the leader of the colony's name. He would not be happy with Ordon for this...

Endor continued. "But, seeing as he's not here, I am in charge." he finally straightened and looked at Moira directly. "Tell me everything."

She did, somewhat. Only leaving out such trivial topics as her transformation, their being hunted by Dark Hylians, the importance of her brother, and the fact that several members of the party held pieces of the Triforce. No need to worry him with those sorts of things. When she had finished, he stared at her. "......you are really doing this? You are truly going to attempt to overthrow Dark Link?"

Moira nodded. "We still need to find the Master Sword." she said. "And we need.....more time...."

"This is a dangerous thing you are doing, Moira. If he finds out there is a resistance growing, he will hunt you down."

Don't I know it..... thought Moira wryly.

Endor continued, his expression softening a bit. "And think of how Kairen would feel should you be killed, Moira." He gave a small smile. "You know that lad has feelings for you."

Moira rolled her eyes. "That is the least of my worries right now, Endor."

Endor sighed. He looked back at his charts, then looked heavenward, then finally back at Moira again. "I doubt Doren will agree with me on this, but I don't care....if you, you and your companions, can form a force mighty enough to overthrow that beast on Hyrule's throne....then Kakariko will join you." He held out his hand.

Moira was shocked. This is really happening....? she thought. Maybe....just maybe....we have a chance at this? She shook his hand.

Posted (edited)

Note: The second Kaero of Kakariko is now Kaero B, if you didn't notice ^-^

Kaero couldn't sleep. It was morning now. Ryoo still hadn't returned and Moira hadn't either. Ayame was still fast asleep on the opposite side of room, Did Ayame still trust him? Did Moira? No. Moira doesn't. She took her brother away from him for protection.

Kaero stared at the dirty ceiling. The sound of footsteps reached his ears. Or... Was it the second Kaero? It was. Kaero B entered the room. He was cautious around Kaero. Kaero let out a low, quiet growl as he entered. 'What are you doing here? Come to kill me? I know you want to.' Kaero growled at him.

'No. I just want to talk. It would be nice to know my enemy.' Kaero B answered eying Kaero suspiciously.

'Enemy? What makes you think I'm evil exactly?' Kaero growled back. Kaero noticed that growling wasn't giving a good impression of himself. He stopped, straightened up, but remained defensive.

'Well. You're from the dark world. I guess I could call you Dark Kaero. We're opposites, I'm good, so that means that you're evil.' Kaero B answered, confident of his answer.

'Ha. Why am I Dark Kaero? Who's to say that you're not Dark Kaero? Maybe you are the evil one and you will move to the side of evil?' Kaero answered.

Kaero B stayed silent. He stared at Kaero for a moment before speaking once more, 'How has your life been?' Kaero growled at such a question. Kaero B continued, 'So. Not that good? I have a feeling that apart from our intentions, our lives turned out opposites too. So, what has happened with you?'

Kaero didn't answer. He had never run through it all before and he never intended to in his life.

'Hmmm. You wont tell me? Suspicious. Suspicious indeed.' Kaero B gave a toothy grin of triumph as he turned for the exit. At that moment, Moira entered the room. She watched Kaero B leave the room. She knew the difference between them somehow. Moira passed by Kaero, never letting her eye stray from his.

'Are we leaving?' Kaero asked, watching her sit down with her brother. He was awake but calm. He looked at Kaero with an interested look. He seemed to recognise him as the wolf that saved him. He seemed to like him. But Kaero wasn't sure. Moira saw Kaero looking at her brother. She wasn't sure what to make of Kaero's look. She picked up her brother and bundled him in her arms.

Moira never bothered to answer Kaero's question. Kaero got irritated. But he decided to ask another question. 'Do you have a plan on how to defeat Dark Link? Will your brother do it? I think you might have said so before, but I'm not brilliant at understanding humans.'

Moira gave him a look out of the corner of her eye and spoke, 'Kaero. I'll tell you the truth and you have to promise that you wont get angry.' Kaero nodded slowly, 'I'm sorry, but we've decided not to discuss our plans with you. I'm not sure we can trust you yet. Maybe sometime, but not now. We can't be sure that this whole thing is a plan made by Dark Link and yourself.'

'I understand. Well, I promise you that I will earn your trust again.' Kaero turned and lay on his rug once more. He sat staring at Moira's brother, who looked back from time to time.

Posted (edited)

I think we should all post a detailed description of our character's past so far, including what has happened in the RP. If you like I mean. What is lost... might want to keep Ryoo's mysterious pas a secret. Or you Dark Midna. Or you Gael, but I think you have made it pretty clear already. I'll post mine if you like.

I just don't want to get totally confused and ruin what you've made up.

Also, let's all wish Dark Midna a Happy Birthday!

Posted (edited)

Teto, good idea. First, happy birthday Dark Minda. May your day not suck.

Second, some of Ryoo's remembered past. Age not included.

History update: Ryoo, in an early and influencing time in his life, learned of the triforce and discovered the 4th piece. Hylians could hear the gods, and Ryoo never lost this through generations, via not dying.

He truly believed in the 4th god, and gave himself a purpose for his long life, by wanting every piece of the triforce in the right place.

He gained many powers during his lifespan: he can morph into a goat, speak three languages (Hylian, English and Cucco, he did not learn goat), throw offensive purple blasts and whips, craft various talismans, teleport with three black wavy lines, summon simple objects and even make a portal to a temple of his design. These all let off large amounts of powerful scents, so he keeps himself from using them when anyone can sense them.

In the Dark Race, he sent invites to Ayame and Nyfer, and sent Ayame to track the person who did not arrive. Moira was then met in Eldin field, and sent with a twilight object to deliver the geit stone. He then waited in Lanayru spring for anyone to solve a given riddle.

There, he saw Moira float down the river, and they ventured off to ordon. On the trip, he gave an unknowing Moira the Geit stone as a lifeline. outside faron, he met up with a wolf named kaero, and found Ayame again. After a rather epic fight with Zain, he gained the trust of Moira. In Ordon, he had to try and return a kidnapped Kaero from Zain, whilst finding the child with Links soul.

He found the child, and transfered triforce from Moira to Link, and vice versa. Then, he went to kakariko with the group, found a darker side of Kaero and went to get him back in the village. After success, he is upset when Triforce of Time is mentioned.

He is currently thinking over and killing two birds with one stone in an unknown area.

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)