The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooc: Lol, it's time for lunch over here.

Posted

Moira walked slowly away from the spring, still shocked by her experience.

I really did it....I got the Light Arrows..... She stared up at the blue sky. I'm really supposed to be Queen.

The sounded of padded footsteps drew her attention, and she looked towards some of the ruins to see Nia and Lae jump down from a path in the rocks. They jumped from the stones down onto an old building, then deftly jumped down to the ground. They approached her. Nia stopped when he saw the three Light Arrows in Moira's hand.

"You've gotten them!" he said, astounded, but not entirely surprised.

"Moira!" said Lae, hurriedly. She ran to stand directly in front of Moira. She seemed unusually tired. "Taiku! He....."

There was a twang, and a sickening thud, and Lae yelped in pain as an arrow buried itself in her left shoulder. Her leg gave out and she fell to the ground. "Lae!" cried Nia.

"Get under cover!" said Lae, her teeth gritted in pain. "Moira, Taiku sent archers, they're trying to kill you!"

Moira yanked the arrow out of Lae's shoulder and hoisted the wolf up in her arms. She had put the Light Arrows in her quiver. "Come on!" she said, and bearing the weight of the wolf, they ran up the path to the Cemetary, trying to keep low.

Posted (edited)

BATHY:

Please run into me! I am at the spirits lake near Ordon Village.

EDIT: At a writers block, can't post...

Edited by Specever (see edit history)

Posted

BATHY:

Please run into me! I am at the spirits lake near Ordon Village.

All of Bathy's characters are at or around Death Mountain; that's kind of a long ways away.

Posted

Nia looked behind them as they ran into the cemetery. Nia saw one of the men above them on one of the hills. He held up his bow and took aim on Moira. He let loose an arrow, but missed. Nia saw his chance while the archer reloaded his bow. Nia sprinted up the hill as Moira and Lae escaped towards the mountain with Lae. "You shall not harm the Queen of Hyrule!" Nia barked as he leaped on the man, injuring the man's arm and making him drop his bow. Nia's chest heaved in anger and his crystal began to glow red as Nia drained the power from the man. The man writhed in pain as Nia laughed manically. The man's struggling became slower and lower until the colour left the man's face and a white orb of light passed from the man's face and into Nia's crystal.

Nia turned and the crystal glowed red. He saw another heading up the trail after Moira. Nia chased the man and caught him almost instantly as he bit into the man's neck. The man fell to the ground and the same thing happened again. Nia's eyes widened as his laughing became more crazed. His pupils were wide and the crystal's light was blinding. Nia shot up the mountain after Moira and Lae.

Posted (edited)

"Moira, put me down!" said Lae. Nia was growing crazed, his actions erratic....Lae knew something was wrong. Moira set the wolf down on the ground. Her wounds had healed quickly, which was only natural for a wolf-god, so she could walk just fine again.

"I think you're safe, Moira..." she said, glancing around and sniffing the air. "I think...I think Nia's killed the two men." She began to run in Nia's direction.

"Wait!" yelled Moira. "What about you? What are you going to do?"

Lae didn't know how to answer that. What else would one do, she thought, if your fellow wolf-god had gone mad with power? She didn't answer Moira. She turned and ran.

She didn't know how this was going to end, but she had a bad feeling about it.

-------

After Lae had gone, Moira decided she hadn't any other choice but to get back up the mountain as quickly as she could. Taiku sent men to kill me...she thought angrily. What's to stop him from sending more? But they'll all know what he did soon enough.

-------

Back on the mountain, Ain suddenly stood up. He cold have sword he heard....

The sound of an arrow-shot!

"ISHKA!" he called, grabbing his sword. The other Sheikah sensed what was wrong as well. She picked up a spear and together they sprinted down the mountain path.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Death came to a camp at Death Mountain. He saw a goron and asked if this was the place the ordon alliance is, he said, "Yes and no, they where here, but now they're higher up in Death Mountain, also I heard that the Alliance broke in half." "Bad luck just keeps following me everywhere..." Said Death.

Death started a hike farther up the mountain until he came to another camp. He asked one of the people there if this is the Ordon alliance. That goron replied, "Nope, just a mining camp, a farm actually, considering we eat rocks." "This is hopeless, I still need to go higher up..." Said Death.

Posted

Specever soon decided to go back to the camp... Down here was hopeless... So he went back up, forgeting how they left him. He arrived back at the camp. He saw footsteps going up it. He realized it had nothing to do with him, so he went into the camp.

WRITERS BLOCK!

Posted (edited)

Nia had slowed to a walk. He saw Lae run down the trail towards him, she stopped in front of him and stood facing him. "Nia. What's happening to you?" Lae asked, her voice choked with fear. Nia wasn't the person that she once knew. His mind had been warped by this world.

"I'm fine Lae, see?" Nia giggled. The world in front of him fell on it's side and Nia fell sideways into a tree and then onto the ground. He laughed as he lay in the foliage. "I'm fine. Fine." Nia repeated. He giggled a little and Lae looked down at him with a saddened expression.

Look what you've become Nia. This world is just too much. You have to go back. Nia's twitched.

You can't leave Nia! There is so much to be gained and so little to lose! This is the world in which you will have earned your rightful place as ruler! You can't stop now! Nia got to his feet. He muttered inaudible words to himself as he looked around in panic.

No Nia! You can't fall into this "trap!" You still have your own free will! You have the chance to go back! Either that or "die" in this horrible world! Lae's horrified face swam in front of Nia's face. She shook her head as she backed away.

Nia laughed manically. "It is! But it's mine!" It isn't Nia! You can't do this to yourself! Nia yelled and fell to the ground. He looked up at Lae's face as Nia felt part of his being slip away into nothingness.

Nia opened his eyes and found himself on the mountain. Harma, Ryoo and Lae stood over him. "Nia." Ryoo said, noticing that he was awake. Nia stared blankly. "I warned you about the crystal didn't I?" Ryoo sighed as he raised his hand. "Koro Distage." Ryoo muttered. The crystal faded to a pale white this time. Ryoo narrowed his eyes as he noticed the white glow. "Nia... You didn't did you?" Ryoo asked horrified. "You... You took his soul?"

Nia was silent. "I think so. I couldn't help it. It just happened."

Lae sighed, "Thank God." she muttered. Nia's still in there. she thought.

"Come on Nia. We have to keep an eye on you now. I'm sorry, but you can no longer be trusted. You must understand." Ryoo said solemnly. Nia nodded his head and got to his feet. Something had happened up at the alliance. They walked back to the encampment to find out what was going on.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Moira ran as fast as she could up the trail. Things were not going as smoothly as she had planned; and now something was wrong with Nia, on top of everything else.

Her foot slipped in the loose dirt, and she fell forward. She caught herself, landing on her hands, and pushed herself back up. She had kicked up a lot of red dust as she had fallen, but when it had cleared, she saw something that froze her in place.

There was another archer on the path ahead of her. And he had an arrow pointed straight at her.

There was no time to think, no time to react. The archer let the arrow fly.

It was coming. She knew she had to dive out of the way, but she couldn't will her legs to move. She could see the arrow, suspended in the air, and something moved in the corner of Moira's vision, and then....

Thunk!

Ishka stood, between Moira and the archer. With an arrow buried in her chest. With a choked breath, she fell.

"ISHKA!" Moira screamed, her wits returning to her. She saw Ain appear out of nowhere, and before she knew it his sword was buried in the archer's back. He ran over just as Moira bent down and cradled the petite, snowy-haired Sheikah woman in her arms. "Why......why did you do that....?" she whispered.

Ishka managed to smile. She said, in a hoarse voice, "Because...it is my duty....My Lady...." She coughed one more time; a tiny stream of blood had begun to flow from her lips. Then she closed her eyes, and was gone.

Ain knelt beside the two women and said a prayer in the language of the Sheikah. Then, he gently took Ishka's body from Moira and stood up. "I will take her to the Cemetary...." he said, sadly. "It is where the guardians of the royal family have always been buried. You will deal with Taiku, My Lady?"

Moira nodded, her eyes moistened with tears but fierce with anger. Slowly she stood, and began to walk back to the encampment. She quickened her pace, more and more, until she was running with all her speed to where justice needed to be dealt.

Posted

Ryoo ran in front. They saw Ain ahead. Ishka lay in his arms as he rushed past them. None of them paid much attention. Moira would be close. The four of them hurried and soon saw Moira as she entered the encampment. Moira stood still at the encampment and the four of them managed to catch up to her.

Sorry, Gael, I haven't got much to say here. This is your scene more than anybody else's...

Posted

"Moira!" Ryoo called out. She turned back to them."Did you see.....? What that....that...." She was clearly angry; angrier than Ryoo had seen her before. He nodded. Moira looked at the wolves. "You alright, Nia?"

Lae spoke before Nia could answer. "It's a long story...wait, where are you going?" Moira had begun to run again.

"I am going to send that damn Zora to HELL!!!" she yelled. She ran, and the others had to work hard just to keep pace with her.

-------

Taiku felt rather proud of himself at the moment. He had thought twice about sending only two archers to take care of the Ordonian. She may not have gone alone, as she had said she would. She obviously could not be trusted.

So, he had sent a third; he had sent Aenn, easily the best archer in the entire Alliance. He ought to be back any minute now...he thought, pouring cool water over himself. Then I can finally take control of this bloody army....

"TAIKU!"

The Zora's heart skipped a beat. Impossible! he stepped out of his tent, to see the entire Alliance, regrouped, and standing behind an enraged Moira. She was holding aloft three, shining arrows. She was also trying to break free of her brother's grip. She had wanted to run the Zora through right then and there, but Ralin had stopped her.

Ryoo was there too, along with Crimson Sky and the three wolves. They all looked rather smug, but at the same time, angry. Taiku had caused the death of one of their companions.

"I was going to tell you to leave..." Moira said, her calm returning slightly. "I was going to banish you. But now...?" She took a deep breath and stared Taiku down. "You tried to kill me. Not even brave enough to do it yourself. And now Ishka is dead because of you. I aught to let the Sheikah clan have you; they'd pull your cowardly fish-scales off one by one!"

Taiku gulped. Every soldier in the Alliance, even those who had split with him, was against him now. His loyal soldiers were now dead. And he was trapped. "So, then....Queen......" he said. "What are you going to do with me?"

Moira's face was set in determination. This Queen.....she thought to herself. Is not merciful...to those who don't deserve it.

"Ryoo?" she said. The warlock came to stand beside her. "I want you to use a spell of teleportation." Ryoo gave her a questioning look, and a scary grin came across Moira's face. "Let's let this Zora see how hot the volcano of Death Mountain really is."

Posted

Ryoo looked at Moira for a moment and then at Taiku. He took a deep breath and faced Moira again. "Are you sure Moira?" he asked.

"Wouldn't you prefer I did it Queen?" Nia asked, twitching a little. Ryoo looked down at Nia and then back to Moira, shaking his head.

"We can't have that man here." Moira said through gritted teeth. Ryoo looked around. He really didn't want to take a defenseless man to his death. Taiku was a horrible person, but he didn't really deserve death. "Take him to the volcano." Moira repeated, looking back to Ryoo.

"I-" Ryoo began. Nia jumped between the two of them.

"I swear it wouldn't be any trouble! I'll make him pay Queen Zelda! I can make him suffer. Just leave him to me!" Nia growled excitedly. His crystal trembled. Lae looked at Nia silently. The crowd behind them talked and Taiku stood waiting for his fate. "May I Queen Zelda? Yes or no?" Nia asked with a grin.

Posted

"Nia...." Moira began. What's the matter with him? If he calls me Zelda one more time, he's going in the volcano himself.... "I don't think...you're acting normal right now."

Nia looked at her, still crazed.

"I don't want to torture him!" said Moira, trying to get through to Nia. "I just want him dead!"

"YES!" said Nia. "DEAD! I can kill him, queen Zelda, I ca...." His remblings were cut off when Moira brought the hilt of her sword down upon his head, knocking him out.

"Consider that a no." she said to the unconcious wolf. Then she turned to Ryoo. "Ryoo.....if you do not take Taiku to the volcano, I am going to behead him right here in front of you. Are you going to do it, or not?"

Posted (edited)

Lol, Nia got owned.

Gael, you write for Ryoo, this is fun.

And also, think about it. Why would Moira be thinking, 'What's wrong with him'? She hadn't met Nia until a couple of posts ago I think... Weird.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)