The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted

ooc:WOW!I've missed quite alot! Specver is accepted!and Teto too!

bic:Just after she killed Rio she had remembered about the wizard who had told her to find Nyfer.Ayame left the boundaries of Hyrule Castle and ran off in serch off him.She knew that dark Link would have killed the whole army by now,but lying low for a while seemed like the best idea.She had no idea where to look for him but something seemed to say"Ordona Province" in her mind.She did not stop to question the tiny voice and ran off towards the grove of trees that she knew was Faron Woods.

Posted

Another day had passed, and Ryoo and Moira had made it almost to Faron Woods. It could be seen in the fading light, not too far in the distance. They had chosen a spot shadowed by a few trees to build that night's campfire. Moira poked at the logs with a stick, making sure the fire had enough air to burn. Ryoo sat back, watching her. And she could feel his eyes on her, which was a bit unnerving.

She could tell he wanted to say something, and he seemed cross about it too. She left the fire and sat down under one of the trees. He was still looking at her.

"......whatever it is, just spit it...," Moira began.

"I know you weren't telling me the truth." said Ryoo, his expression serious. "At least not the whole truth. What do you have to hide from me? Do you still not trust me?"

Moira said nothing, but stared down at her feet.

"Moira," said the mage. "I need to know about any child born in Ordon. It is very important. And if I do not find out, someone else will. I think you know of whom I speak."

She looked up at him. He met her gaze.She seemed hesitant, afraid at first, but eventually she began to speak.

"Last year...last year my mother found out she was pregnant. For the first time since I had been born. Father was so happy....and so was Mother. She wanted to give him a son back, ever since my brothers died, that was what she wanted. And everything seemed fine, but....."

"Go on." urged Ryoo gently.

"Well....when she was three months pregnant, she started waking up from these dreams....she said they were frightening, but nothing to worry ourselves about. But they got worse.

She'd wake up screaming in the night, I...we..." Moira clutched her head in her hands. "We didn't know what to do, how to help her....and then.....one morning....she was gone."

"Dead?" asked Ryoo.

Moira shook her head. "No, there were no signs of a struggle, no signs of fighting...we sent our best trackers into the forest to search for her. We searched for weeks, but she was as good a tracker as any of them. If she had....had run away, on purpose.....she'd have hidden her tracks..."

Moira sniffed. Ryoo could tell she was trying not to cry. But she continued.

"We did find signs, in the woods....a footprint here, and shred of cloth there. It's as if she were fleeing, or hiding from something, but none of knew what, or why."

"How long ago was this?" asked Ryoo.

"About nine months ago...the child, if...if she's still alive.....the child would have been born by now."

Ryoo looked at her again, this time his expression was much softer. "Thank you, Moira." he said. She was about to say something in reply, but she heard a noise behind her. She shot to her feet, Ryoo as well.

He said exactly what she was thinking.

"Something's out there."

Posted

Ayame had been running for one day,never stopping.She had finally made it into the Faron Woods.She had no idea where to go until near nightfall she saw a flickering light.She knew that if there was a fire that ment there had to be someone there.She ran towards it and stood in the trees.She looked at the two people sitting at the campfire.Ayame recognized him,the wizard.As she moved closer she saw both of them stand up.Ayame stepped towards them without a word.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo brandished a smile, seen in the light of the flame created. Things were turning in his favour. Not only had he gained a method of completing his life long purpose, but he had now been found again by one of the twili race, and this one was rather brave and had a great chance of helping him defeat Dark Link.

"Ayame, it is great to see you alive" he said, turning to her. "I was hoping to run into you again."

Ayame was wondering who the wizard was with, but could imagine why she look confused. The two had never met before, and knew nothing about the other. They also had little chance to find out about each other, with the two speaking not a single word.

Ryoo knew how problematic it would be. "Moira, this is Ayame. Ayame, this is Moira." Ayame inched back. "Oh yeah, you don't trust 'light dwellers'. Then trust the wolf coming nearer to us from the woods."

The wolf was, indeed, approaching them from the forest. He didn't understand a word, but he did see low amounts of trust on the faces of many in the group.

Moira thought of something. "Was she the girl you sent to find-"

"Yes" Ryoo said simply. Then, many things all occurred to him. "But she didn't succeed. Neither does she trust me." He turned to Moira directly. "You didn't trust me enough to tell me about your mother, despite the fact it could help me greatly. You should know by now all questions I ask are important." Ryoo looked at the wolf. "And you are completely unknown to me. Your a wolf of twilight but that's it. Plus, you don't even understand me."

"Let's face it, there's very little chance of us being a good team."

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)

Posted

Kaero looked around at them. They were all talking. The man more than most, but it was a serious discussion. That much he could tell. The imp girl was odd. He could understand her. He could only understand small pieces of what she said, but he got the gist of it. Kaero wondered whether she would understand him, but he didn't want to say anything. He didn't expect to be heard anyway. He sat down and just looked at them. There was a fire burning. He got up and walked to the fireside. He lay down and stared at them as they continued to talk. They seemed to trust him. They gave him a quick glance every now and then. They sat down on the grass. Kaero stayed in the middle. The imp said the least, but the more he listened to her, the more he understood. Her name was Ayame and she isn't really an imp. That's as much as he had understood so far. Kaero stood up, stretched and walked up beside Ayame. She looked at him, patted his head and looked at the others again.

'Hi?' Kaero said.

Ayame looked at him. She must have understood him. She looked as if she did. 'Hi?'

Kaero's heart lifted. She understood him, 'My name's Kaero, what's yours?' he asked.

'A-Ayame... How can you understand me? You're a dog.' She pointed out in surprise.

'Your guess is as good as mine.' Kaero answered. He looked at the man. Who was looking at them. He never noticed that he and Moira had gone silent the moment Ayame answered him. The man said something to Ayame.

'Yes. I can. Do you know how?' Ayame asked him.

'What'd he say?' Kaero asked Ayame suspiciously.

'He asked "Do you understand him"' Ayame answered. Kaero nodded and the man said something else to Ayame.

'...I understand.' Ayame answered.

Kaero didn't bother asking what he said, he just lay down next to Ayame and fell into a deep sleep, leaving the others to their conversation.

Note: You can write the whole scene from a human's point of view if you want. I'd like to know what they would actually be talking about.

Posted

Ayame was surprised that she could understand the wolf but she did not pursue the subject."So,what has happened since I left."she asked Ryoo."Well,not to long after you two had escaped from the castle.."Ryoo began.Ayame was only half listening.She had noticed just how much this wolf looked like Rio."And then we came here."Ryoo finished."So,you hold sacred power?"asked Ayame with interest."Yes"said Moria.Moria and Ryoo countinued with the conversation but Ayame had noticed something,a shadow had moved in the trees."Ryoo,Moria someone else is here and I doubt that they have a innocent reason."Ayame said.Ryoo and Moria whipped around and stared at the place where seconds before a Dark Hylian had appeared."This is excellent!"cried the Dark hylian with relish."So many people to kill."At these words the wolf seemed to shift in his sleep.Ayame drew her sword and was ready for the fight.

Posted

Kaero awoke from his sleep to the sound of a yell, Ryoo had been hit to the floor, Ayame was blocking from a powerful attack from a Dark Hylian while Moira readied an attack of her own. Kaero jumped to his feet also. He ran out of the way of Ayame as she fell on her back due to the Dark Hylians attack. He ran and jumped at the Dark Hylian, who instantly hit him to the floor with a powerful downwards kick to the head. Kaero was unconscious and he didn't awake until the battle had ended.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to add a human point of view to Teto's post:

Moira and Ayame were rather silent for a short while. Moira was the first to start the conversation.

"I'm sorry. He said many things to me and I couldn't comprehend all of them. What was your name again?"

"It's Ayame."

Ryoo cut in with the words "This is actually the first time I heard you talk when you were near me. But that is Ayame. Just as she always was, though she is a little bit more Impish." His voice lost confidence in itself near the end.

"I just thought she was always an imp."

Ayame mentioned at this time that she wasn't an imp to start. Ryoo confirmed this.

"So what," started the Ordonian, "was she transformed or something?" There were no words for a few seconds. Ayame was mildly ashamed for this fact, and Ryoo was trying to work out whether it's definitely a yes. "Are you kidding?"

"Well," Ryoo said, "It's not that hard. I can almost perfect turning into a goat. Though I do pass out for an hour and let off enough magic for the Dark Hylians to find and near kill me. Long story. I do not wish to tell it."

At this time, the wolf let of a noise, which Ayame answered to.

After a whole lot of back and forth, Ryoo let her know some things. "The only way I can understand that conversation being possible is if the twilight connects you. But his brother was probably Rio, and finding out will set him on the path for revenge. Do not hesitate to kill him too if he starts on an attack front."

"I understand." And the wolf fell asleep.

Posted

This RP is getting good.

I think so anyway.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo picked himself up and climbed up to his feet as fast as he could manage. He saw Moira had drawn her short-sword, Kaero was out cold, and Ayame was flat on her back. Damn it! this is exactly what I didn't want to happen!

He grabbed the Honour-Flare with his left hand and his sceptre with his right. Swinging his weapon towards the Dark Hylian, he let a strong purple beam from it's head. The attack hit Dark Link's number two directly in the back, forcing him to the ground.

"Moira! stab the Dark Hylian with your left hand!"

"But I'm right-"

"What did I say!? Trust me on this!"

She did, in fact, if a bit hesitant, stab the Dark Hylian with her left hand. The mark on the back of her hand glowed as it pierced him.

Ryoo swung the Honour-Flare in the air using the string he had recently tied to it. Purple dust seemed to head towards it. Eventually, the dust ran out and Ryoo took the dust from the HF and throw it towards Hylia.

"Is he dead?"

"More than he would be if you used your right hand. But let's not risk it. We leave as soon as possible."

Posted (edited)

Don't forget, my character is Kaero, Rio, my dead, old character was Kaero's brother. His sister is Aema, who disappeared in a forest, which one, I don't know. Whether she meets up with Moira's missing mother or not, I'll let someone else decide. I'm just complicating this RP by making everything... complicated.

Continue.

Kaero's still unconscious.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

I'll change that.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo,Moria,Ayame and Kaero were preparing to leave.Just before they left without their notice the Dark Hylian vanished."Where will we go?"Ayame asked.

ooc:I have NO idea where we should go.Someone can continue from here.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

"We need to find a woman and her child in the forest."

"So that's why you wanted to know!" exclaimed Moira.

"To save Hyrule, the twilight realm, and your little brother!"

"She left before we could find out whether it's a boy or a girl!"

"The Hero of Time is a boy!" These words silenced her. "Yes, I believe greatly that your sibling is that of Link. Your courage came from a boy inspired by Link. The reincarnation of him was your brother. That's why the Hero's spirit came to you. To find him and save him."

Ayame was stunned. She understood the words being said, but was unable to make sense of them. Moira followed in Ayame's lead. She knew what the mage meant, but the thought of her family being so important... it was unbelievable.

"I know of a skull kid to find the wolf's-"

"Kaero."

The sorcerer turned to the tiny imp. "What?"

"His name is Kaero."

Ryoo stopped thinking for a moment in utter disbelief. "Thank you for letting me know his name. But I know there's a Skull kid who could tell me where Kaero's sister could be. After that, we find Link. Into the woods."

They left the light of the fire alone, and ventured into the forest. Ryoo carried Kaero so he wasn't alone.

Posted

Idea: You know that Aema suddenly went all weird in the woods and didn't was to leave? Maybe Moira's mum died after the baby was born and Moira's mum's soul took over Aema's body and went in search of the baby? Just an idea...

Ryoo, as Ayame called him, was talking once more. He did that a lot. Interrupting everyone in mid-sentence. Very rude. He finished talking and they walked off towards a forest. It was the same one that pretty much tried to eat him alive. But they were headed for a different entrance. It seemed much more inviting than the entrance he took. He followed behind Ayame who was talking to the others. All he knew was their names and that they were going to the forest. He didn't understand anything else. He wondered where Rio and Aema were right now. Were they dead? Kaero shuddered at the thought. But he knew that they would be able to survive. He hoped anyway...