Prop 8, What do you say?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, since I dont live in California, I really dont give a poo. But, it still passed or failed, dont know which, and some moron took it to the Surpreme court, where the voters decision can be changed by one man(or woman), and thats wrong. It should be up to the voters.

Posted

You know, I'd have a little more respect for you, DoubleAgent, if I didn't know that you only feel that way because you know not as many people are hellbent against homosexuality as you.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

ALSO

Article 1

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 7

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 16

1. Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

2. Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

3. The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Article 28

Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.

Article 29

1. Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.

2. In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.

3. These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Article 30

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

These are basic human rights in regards to equality. And the last time i checked, homosexuals had the same genome as us, i still don't agree with man-on-man(although hypocritically i don't disagree with woman-on-woman either) So therefore the UDoHR applies to homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Dec...of_Human_Rights

because of this: Religious arguements are null and void.

I'm quite suprised the homosexual population hasn't realised this and took it up with the supreme court.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

DM's last post was good.

I HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081220/ap_on_...rriage_lawsuits

It's entirely understandable that this would happen due to Prop 8 passing. What I don't understand is if their are just not going to recognize the marriages or are actually forcing them apart through divorce or something. Does anyone else have anything on this?

Posted

It makes me shake my head that people actually give a crap what other people in this world do. People should worry about their own lives instead of other people's. If you don't like gays, that is certainly your choice and you are free to have that opinion, but to go out of your way to rub your beliefs in someone's face....wow.

What is most important is that people are happy. I am sure no one here would like it if someone ran up to them and said something negative about their marriage.

Posted

It makes me shake my head that people actually give a crap what other people in this world do. People should worry about their own lives instead of other people's. If you don't like gays, that is certainly your choice and you are free to have that opinion, but to go out of your way to rub your beliefs in someone's face....wow.

What is most important is that people are happy. I am sure no one here would like it if someone ran up to them and said something negative about their marriage.

Oh ok, then I guess we shouldn't care about the 3rd world countries or the millions of Jews and Muslims that were slaughtered in this last century.

We shouldn't care about ANYTHING but ourselves, as long as we're not being affected it's A-OK!

You're obviously going to say "that's different" No, it isn't.

Posted

Oh ok, then I guess we shouldn't care about the 3rd world countries or the millions of Jews and Muslims that were slaughtered in this last century.

We shouldn't care about ANYTHING but ourselves, as long as we're not being affected it's A-OK!

You're obviously going to say "that's different" No, it isn't.

Why the hell do you keep following me in every thread? Wow, you're annoying.

Third world countries and two people getting married ARE different. The issue of people in this world dying of hunger is far more important than two random people getting married. The fact that you even compared the two is laughable. If my neighbour was dying of hunger, I'd care. If my neighbour married someone of the same gender, I wouldn't care.

Posted

Really? Then why aren't you doing anything about it then. Are you going to Africa and feeding the hungry people, giving them water, helping them farm, building shelters for them? No you aren't. You don't know those people so what do you care, the fact you'd help your neighbour is because you know them.

I "follow" you to every thread you post on because no one else is on and i like to debate. If you want me to accept your opinion and look for other people, it's not going to happen.

Posted

Unlike yourself, I don't just care about people I know. I care about people in general.

How do you know I don't do anything about it? You don't know me or what I do. I give whatever I can and wish I had more to give.

Posted

I don't give a shit about anyone.

Posted

Unlike yourself, I don't just care about people I know. I care about people in general.

How do you know I don't do anything about it? You don't know me or what I do. I give whatever I can and wish I had more to give.

You give money to charities? Oh please. That's not going to do anything.

Posted

HAI, GUYS, JUST PLAY FREE RICE!

Posted

You give money to charities? Oh please. That's not going to do anything.

Well dungeon, what are you doing? Just because most people don't have the financial capacity to go over to Africa, or give hundreds, thousands or millions of dollars to an organazation or actully buy tickets to Africa or something doesn't mean they don't care about what happens to them. It is very possible to donate to the proper people who actually go over there to help other people, and not put the money to overhead. Do your research.

Also, you don't debate, you call other people stupid, there's a difference.

Why don't you actually do something for someone? Have you ever worked a homeless shelter? Have you ever stocked a food pantry? Do you give to a truly charitable organization? What have you done that makes you so high and mighty to say others don't care because they do what they can? Get off your high horse and do something to help the world, then you can talk about it.

Also, Gay marriage does not effect anyone financially, or create an opppression in any way. This is a great example of how not sepereating religion and politics can repress an entire group of people. If two people love each other, they should be allowed the benefit of a legal marriage.

Posted

Yes on 8 vs. No on 8

Yes on 8 is Mac. No on 8 is *shudders* PC.

Posted

That was a horrible metaphor and had nothing to do with what this is about, and is backed by no logic or proof whatsoever. :|

Sahaqiel