Prop 8, What do you say?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

You also forgot that homosexuality isn't taught. Narrow-mindedness is, however.

VOTE NO

Aw u wetarded?

Prop 8 passed already.

Posted

Aw u wetarded?

Prop 8 passed already.

Shaddup, dick.

Posted

I'm really surprised that 52.2% of people voted yes... I've hardly ever met anyone that thinks homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry

Posted

:< So, Obama wins that day, and I'm like, "DVKFK Good."

But I get home and hear this, my presidency high go boom.

So it seems I'm cancelling any marriage related things I'll be doing in California now, then... Massachusets, anyone?

Posted

Massachusetts just rocks in general, though.

Posted

True. It has some awesome people in it.

... It's awesome as well being the first state to legalize gay marriage. :< When did it have to be legalized, though? Was it... banned before or something?

Posted

:D Massachusetts has gay marriage and rights for homosexual married couples.

We did it before California.

Someone is trendier than Cali.

puppy yeah.

Posted

Once again, marriage between a man and a woman is sacred, and should be preserved as a sacred union between a man and a woman. You don't need to be married to be together, you know.

Posted

Once again, homosexual marriage was sacred back then too, 300 years into the start of Christianity, so how did it become not sacred afterwards? You're only going by Christian beliefs, when Christians aren't the only ones to practice marriage.

Men and women don't NEED to be married either.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Once again, homosexual marriage was sacred back then too, 300 years into the start of Christianity, so how did it become not sacred afterwards? You're only going by Christian beliefs, when Christians aren't the only ones to practice marriage.

Sahaqiel

That's almost exactly what I was going to say.

I was also going to say that is one of the weakest arguements I've heard.

Posted

And if you say, "Because God says so", then I swear to whatever power there is above, I'll starve myself for unreasonable amounts of time, tell everyone I had an epiphany, write holy texts, then order people to go throughout the land and burn everyone who isn't wearing a banana peel on their left shoulder three hundred years later because God says doing otherwise is unholy. >_>

Because, you know.

Many practiced not wearing a banana peel on their left shoulder since the start of the possibility of wearing a banana peel on your left shoulder. A sparse few certainly exercised that right. And that's fine.

But somehow, since God says so now, about millions of years after Earth's creation, not doing so is a sin worthy of being discriminated against.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sahaqiel

You're assuming (incorrectly) that Christians are the only ones opposed to gay marriage.

Posted

I never assumed that. I know a lot of religions discriminate against it.

But Christianity was the one that started all this nonsense.

And Christianity has a grip on the US. I guarantee if half the Christians in the US stopped discriminating against homosexuals, this would be a shut case by now in homosexuality's favor.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I never assumed that. I know a lot of religions discriminate against it.

But Christianity was the one that started all this nonsense.

And Christianity has a grip on the US. I guarantee if half the Christians in the US stopped discriminating against homosexuals, this would be a shut case by now in homosexuality's favor.

Sahaqiel

You're either confusing discrimination with wanting to define marriage in a certain way, or labeling your opponents in a desparate attempt to discredit their arguments withoiut addressing the arguments themselves.

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

Wanting to define marriage in a certain way... Hah.

Sure, maybe I have.

It's still a form of discrimination. You keep homosexuals out of proclaiming their love in the eyes of your God.

Also, just to brighten up the views on politicians.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sahaqiel