Prop 8, What do you say?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

why? because you can't be tolerant of somone who doesn't believe exactly what you do? or because you don't think that a homosexual could be of value to society? Why can't people just accept others?

Posted

why? because you can't be tolerant of somone who doesn't believe exactly what you do? or because you don't think that a homosexual could be of value to society? Why can't people just accept others?

Let society have it's opinion of homos. The question Why can't we just accept others? is the same question gays use as an excuse for the violence and riots that aren't solving anything.

Posted

I'm not sayig you can't have an opinion, but why make it illegal for them to get married, does the fact that they are gay make them any less in love or have any less rights?

I don't live in California, but I'd like to see an article saying that gays are getting truly violent about this issue. I believe they may be protesting, but that's not any different than any other group does when it's rights are repressed.

Give me one way that gay marriage is gong to negativley impact your life, other than you being uncomfortable because two people legall became united.

Posted

I'm not sayig you can't have an opinion, but why make it illegal for them to get married, does the fact that they are gay make them any less in love or have any less rights?

I don't live in California, but I'd like to see an article saying that gays are getting truly violent about this issue. I believe they may be protesting, but that's not any different than any other group does when it's rights are repressed.

Give me one way that gay marriage is gong to negativley impact your life, other than you being uncomfortable because two people legall became united.

Hmm.....retarded gay acceptance days, teaching my kids that marriage is between any two people without the option to opt out, my church leader being sued for hate speech, me being sued for hate speech.

You got a lot to learn buddy.

Posted

Hmm.....retarded gay acceptance days, teaching my kids that marriage is between any two people without the option to opt out, my church leader being sued for hate speech, me being sued for hate speech.

No, apparently you have a lot to learn.

You know, since that sentence made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Posted

No, more like, "I'm a Mac and I don't want our state over run by frikin' homos!"

There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, or with a person being homosexual. Really, unless they're dirty communists, why should it matter?

Posted

Let society have it's opinion of homos. The question Why can't we just accept others? is the same question gays use as an excuse for the violence and riots that aren't solving anything.

I think the people against homosexuals are much more violent.

"They cause riots" is your excuse for the riots people like you cause, you hypocritical ninny.

Homosexuals don't threaten the state in any way, and they would by no way overrun it. You're paranoid, ignorant, and you have a low level of tolerance. So you think that allowing homosexual marriage would somehow overrun the straight population? Abstinence is legal. Has everyone stopped having children? No. What would this affect, anyway?

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Show me the paperwork for your lawsuit. Yes, some people are being sued for hate speech, but those are the people coming out into the public, and spewing entirley ignorant and false statements. It's the people coming out into the public saying that if we allow gay marriage that the population will suddenly collapse because we can't handle two people who love eachother being together.

What is this with an option to opt out of marriage? Are you talking about divorce? Because that's a totally seperate subject that has NOTHING to do with homosexuals.

And why are gay acceptance days retarded? you don't have to participate, and neither do your kids, I don't know how the school is where you go, but in any of mine, we were told about it, and we were allowed to celebreate it if we wished, I for one always wore a small lapel ribbon. No, I am not gay, but I am acceptant of it.

You keep proving your ignorance and unwilingness to accept a lifestyle other than your own. America is founded on such tolerance like we need to give homosexuals. People like you don't seem to understand this concept.

Also, this law already went to vote.....why hasn't this just moved to the same sex marriage thread?

Edited by Skippy (see edit history)

Posted

I knew you disliked homosexuals, but never knew you had hatred towards them. Have they ever hurt you in any way?

Seeing some of your posts, it seems you are making the homosexual group inferior to everyone else. You don't see anything wrong with that? Through history, this has happened. The oppressing group always ends up using violence to get their way (Ex: The KKK towards African Americans, the Germans under Hitler towards the Jewish, the mentally disabled...anyone who wasn't part of "The Perfect Aryan Race"). You're not any better than them.

Teaching kids about homosexuality won't make them gay. If someone taught you how to be gay right now, would you become gay? I doubt it. Would a homosexual turn straight if he/she was taught to like the opposite sex? I don't believe sexual orientation is a choice.

I'm not saying you need to accept homosexuality, but your hate speech will only make you look bad.

Posted

I'm not the best speaker, I'll admit that. Sometimes (most of the time) I can't get my point across clearly without making a (or several) misconception(s). Especially when I'm against a whole group. I don't hate anyone. Everyone is God's child, he loves them all, I love them all. It may not seem like it, but I do. I just question the choice that my brothers and sisters have made. I'm not a bigot, I don't hate gays. Once you learn how I react to people going against my belief of sacred union, you can somewhat understand how I feel. I'm trying my best to help everyone I know not to go down a path they shall surely regret. If gays learned that they couln't change the definition of marriage, maybe that would be a little push that something was wrong. Apparently not.

This whole time I didn't really want to involve my beliefs that much, but now I guess I had to. You're probably thinking I'm just a jerk that is too religious or something. I tried not to get angry or sound hating, but I guess that's one of my many weaknesses. I hope you forgive me, though you probably won't.

Posted

It's really not a matter of you being a good speaker or not. I understand your beliefs, and your objection, bu it's based on a fallacy. Now, the fallacy here is not your religion, it is the notion that at some point, gays decided to be gay. It is widely supported that being homosexual, while not totally a wiring thing in the brain, is a varied combonation of nature and nurture, it is something decided by many variables in the first few years of life, before they were ever even thinking about that. Now, there may be a moment where somone realizes they are gay, but it's not a "choice" for truly homosexual people. A good reference here is Dr.Sherman Silbers book "The Male", it has a good chapter on the many theries of homosexuality.

Now, I understand your veiw on a sacred union, but that's not what they want, they don't want to come into your church and take away from your ceremony, they just want to be able to see a justice of the peace, and be recognized as both people and a couple. They want to be able to have a family, just like any of us. Is that bad?

And I'm very glad that you recognize this weakness, but that's only the first step, I'm not saying go out and find gay friends, or go out and rally, but what needs to be understood is that gay people are just that. People. They have rights too, so why not the right to a family, that's what this is really all about, and what people like you are depriving them of.

It's not my place to forgive you, it's the masses of people that people like you are openly repressing.

Posted

Well, okay. I understand that gays are gays, that they should have the same rights, and I might've voted no if it wouldn't bring any negative features. I believe freedom of speech should be open against gays, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it would be stupid for speech against gays to be illegal, I want to be able to teach my children about gays delicately, not have them mandatorily taught by schools, I don't want the religious cutdown it would bring, and I want orphanages to be allowed to adopt to who they want. If No on 8 simply meant "Gays and lesbians are permitted to be married", and nothing else, I might have voted for it.

Posted

Well, okay. I understand that gays are gays, that they should have the same rights, and I might've voted no if it wouldn't bring any negative features. I believe freedom of speech should be open against gays, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it would be stupid for speech against gays to be illegal, I want to be able to teach my children about gays delicately, not have them mandatorily taught by schools, I don't want the religious cutdown it would bring, and I want orphanages to be allowed to adopt to who they want. If No on 8 simply meant "Gays and lesbians are permitted to be married", and nothing else, I might have voted for it.

Any chance you can cite the actual bill as to what the other issues were, all i'm familiar with s the gay marriae thing.

And I'm sorry if it cam across as me saying speech against gays shoud be illlegal, it shouldn't be, you can say whatever you want, but it doesn't mean it isn't ignorant.

And schools already teach about homosexuality in most sex-ed and biology classes, have for years, so if you want to break it delicatly, get them early or put them n private school.

Posted

If No on 8 simply meant "Gays and lesbians are permitted to be married", and nothing else, I might have voted for it.

What else would it have meant?

Posted

Like skippy said, speech against gays shouldn't be illegal. It was that part about you being sued for hate speech that made me believe you hated homosexuals or something. Sorry I misunderstood.

I don't think Prop 8 had anything in it besides gay marriage rights.