The Legend of Zelda: Betrayal

681 posts in this topic

Posted

Lae heard nothing but the beat of her own wings, and the rush of the wind, as she soared once again over Hyrule. She wrapped her mind around this moment, savoring it, never wanting it to end. She knew that she may never have the chance to fly again. Simply being in such a large and powerful form was draining her of her power, very slowly, but surely.

But then...she thought, how many chances would I have at home....in my own world....to fly with the eagles? She smiled inwardly. Then, she sobered and dipped down below the cloud line. I have work to do.

She was coming upon Hyrule Castle swiftly. From the ground, she would have to face lines of Twili soldiers and dark beasts, but no one was expecting an attack from the sky. Though, Lae had no intention of attacking. Not yet. She swooped down, circling the Castle and searching for a point of entry. She knew of one; a waterway, flowing in from the river, that led straight to the dungeons. Finally, she spotted it, and she dove.

Lae hit the water like a kingfisher, wings folded tight against her body, and she shot through the water like an arrow before it finally slowed her. She began to swim, using her wings like fins to propel her forward and to keep her underwater. The river passed under the stone walls and flowed into a dark tunnel leading under the castle. She was amazed at how long she was able to hold her breath with her new, larger lungs.

Finally, she broke the surface, inhaling deeply. She had reached the dungeons. Rats scurried along the walls, and the sounds of dripping water echoed throughout the dark, dank passageways. Lae hauled herself out of the water and shook herself, sending several gallons of water splashing all around. Now...she thought...where is he?

Posted

Ooc: Well, since no one's posting, I'll double post. You can throw something at me if you want. :P

Bic:

The companions looked from one to the other. No one was exactly sure what to say, for no one was exactly sure what they hoped to accomplish in the Twilight Realm. Ayame wasn't there, they knew. She was holding Hyrule Castle and Castle Town.

"I suppose..." Ralin began to think aloud. "Questions. Questions that need answering." The others looked over at him, and he looked up from his pondering. He continued, "I mean, we still don't know why Ayame has done what she's done. And I don't think we can regain Hyrule until we know her motive, if she even has one."

"Why wouldn't she have a motive?" questioned Jeremy, trying to prove himself to be on their side. Moira had been giving him sideways glances since she had arrived. She didn't trust easily, and she was also still trying to figure out why he was so small in stature.

"Evil for evil's sake." answered Ryoo. "Destruction for the sake of destruction. Or, simple insanity. But it's more likely that there's a concrete reason, a desire, or a more powerful being pulling the strings, behind all of this." The mage turned his gaze in the direction of the Palace of Twilight. "We still have some time before Ayame will realize that her world has been breached. We need to search the palace. Ayame's chambers, if we can find them, but more importantly, the throne room. There are bound to be clues there."

Posted (edited)

bic:

Adn looked at the others. They had all agreed to Ryoo's plan. Adn felt uncomfortable in the Twilight Realm, it was much different than the world she had entered one year ago, perhaps it was beacuse of the strange evil of the realm. She was worried about the crystal, if she left the Twilight Realm, would it remain pure? "Moria? Where's Lae?" Adn asked. She had been thinking about it for a while, Nia's death, she couldn't handle Lae's. "Lae? She went to rescue Ain." Moria answered. Adn left better knowing this. But, what if I kill her too? Just like I killed Nia?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: Sorry, I got grounded :cry:

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

HEY, YOU GUISE, YOU, GAEL, FORGOT TO RP JEREMY, WELL OK FINE JUST FORGET ABOUT ME :cry:

Posted

Ooc: Jeremy's in the Twilight Realm with the group.

Bic: Teto trailed his hand along the black marble walls on the outside of the Twilight Castle. He had long since given up following the group. He knew that they would target the castle, so he decided to wait. In the time he spent wandering the grounds, his hand had continued to bleed. He had topped up the bandage with another. It was pure white and had to be wrapped around the outside of his glove. Having it come in contact with his skin, or any other's skin for that matter, would be dangerous or even fatal to those who touched it. His hand had since begun to heal slowly and painlessly. Though he felt that it was a giveaway in this dark world as it seemed to shine out from his hand.

He reached the front of the castle. He held his right hand against the wall and dropped it to his side as he saw the approaching group. The few Twili there were guarding the castle rounded themselves up. Many were protecting Hyrule Castle and they weren't as heavily guarded as they had once been. Archers fired and Twili mages cast their spells as the swordsmen got themselves ready. There was a small group of Twili. About 10 - 15 of them, guarding the doors to the castle. Ryoo and the others threw themselves in.

Teto saw his chance to try another attack on them. He crept back behind the corner of the castle and leaned out from the corner, raising his left hand as he prepared another spell. One of the battling Twili shouted as he saw Teto's bright white bandage. Teto stopped as he saw the Twili charge at him. Some of the group noticed, but fought on with the Twili.

As the Twili neared him, Teto raised his left hand. It began to glow a dim red from below his black velvet gloves. The Twili swung at him, Teto dodged to the Twili's left and thrust his hand into the Twili's face. The effect was unclear, but the Twili merely dropped to the ground as the short sword fell from it's grasp. Teto didn't waste a second. He threw himself into the battle between the guards and the group.

Posted

NO HE ISN'T *SCREAMS AND SHOUTS AND FLAILS HIS ARMS*

Jeremy got tired of following a group "Ugh, I've got to lose these losers" he said under his breath but he felt compelled to follow them, "that Moira... something about her, her aura... It's so compelling to follow her, like a natural leader 'Queen of Hyrule', like i'd believe that" He turned on his heel, whilst charging a lightning bolt at Moira, to see how she would act. He knew this was an act of aggression and that he was severely outnumbered and outskilled. Still, skill doesn't come into play when you have ancient tomes of magic and such.

Posted

Well, we were sort of fighting at the castle but... Okay.

Posted

Ralin saw Jeremy suddenly change direction out of the corner of his eye. What's he doing...? Then, his eyes widened when he saw Jeremy charge up a bolt of lightning-like power in his hands. It was aimed straight at Moira. Ralin acted without thinking; he saw Jeremy let the bolt loose, and Ralin leapt away from the Twili he had been fighting.

Bringing the Master Sword around in a side-slice, he stepped between Moira and the bolt. Moira had only just turned around; she would not have had time to think, let alone defend herself from the bolt. The bolt his the Master Sword and was deflected. It spun off away from the battle, taking a Twili solider with it, and smashed into the side of the Castle. It left a burnt, broken spot in the stone.

Ralin then pointed the sword at Jeremy. "You...!" he started to say. Moira stepped in beside him.

"Why is every other person we pick up along the way a traitor?!" she said angrily.

Ralin seemed as if he was about to cut Jeremy in half, but all three of them were suddenly distracted. Teto had jumped into the fray.

"Who...who is that?" said Moira, not knowing if this new person was friend or foe.

Posted

Teto swept in, he spun and grabbed Specever's swords as he swung at him. He pushed it away quickly and hit Specever in the face with the back of his hand. Specever stumbled backwards, dropping his sword. Karnil saw Teto now as an enemy. He lunged at him but Teto dodged quickly, grabbing Karnil's neck and pushing him to the ground. Moira realised he was an enemy and jabbed at him. Teto dodged it again and kneed the sword from her grasp. His left hand glowed yellow and Teto directed it at Moira. Moira only noticed he was attacking again as Adn bit Teto in the arm. The yellow glow faded and Teto threw Adn off. She rolled across the marble stone. Teto grabbed at his arm and fell to his knees.

Posted

Ooc: Eh, quick post. I don't know what Teto is going to do or say.

Bic:

Moira ran for her sword when she saw Teto fall to his knees, grasping the arm that had been bitten. She grabbed it up quickly, and took a quick look all around. The Twili guards had all been defeated; more were sure to come, but most of the Twili who could fight had gone with Ayame when she took Hyrule Castle. Teto now was the main threat, but Moira was still very uneasy.

Posted

Teto stood up quickly, trembling. He lifted his arm again weakly. Wisps of blue surrounded it as he charged another spell. He backed away towards the castle. Some of the group were preoccupied with Jeremy while the others faced Teto or tended to their wounds. The blue wisps of energy grew and seemed to become more violent as they thrashed around Teto's outstretched hand. He stopped as he reached the steps. He looked around at them quickly, planning his attack. The others stood some distance away, seeing the orb of blue grasped in his hand.

He took a deep breath and let go of the orb. it shot up his arm and encircled it, curing the minor injury that was Adn's bite. Moira slashed at him, he dodged to the side and thrusted the bandaged hand to Moira's face, she backed away quickly but as the white bandage neared her face, she felt it's enegy. She had felt it before. it was that of the crystal. Moira jumped back further. Teto backed away a little, the blue smoke evaporated from his arm and he seemed to calm down. The trembling ceased. Teto held out his left hand again and charged a spell. Karnil was the first to act. He lunged at Teto who stepped to the side and grabbed Karnil by the nose with his bandaged hand in mid air before throwing him away. Karnil rolled across the stone and into a wall. His head fell limp. The bandage glowed blue for a moment before returning to white.

Moira held out her sword hesitantly. She glanced at Karnil. He was still alive. But there was something about his stare that frightened her. It was the same stare she had received from Aaron when the found him, his soul removed from his body. Teto backed away slowly. His eyes darted around the group, seeking a method of escape.

He lunged at Moira who didged with a swipe of her sword. Teto predicted it. He rolled forwards and changed into Subae as he landed. He shot inside the castle and changed into Teto, disappearing into the darkness.

Posted (edited)

After Teto disappeared, Adn ran to where Karnil's limp form lay against the wall. His body was still, except for the labored breaths he still took. But his eyes were empty and staring. I knew it....Adn thought. His soul is taken.

Ralin looked on from a distance. "What sort of twisted magic...." he said to himself. "Did the gods give us...that we could use to do that sort of thing to people?" He shook his head in disgust. It can't have been from the Goddesses....it just feels too wrong. Then, he saw Jeremy out of the corner of his eye. The petite Hylian was trying to sneak away unnoticed. Ralin was about to shout, but Ryoo had noticed first.

Cords shot from the mage's hands and wrapped themselves around Jeremy's body, pinning his arms to his sides. His weapon fell from his hands, useless now, and clattered to the floor. Ralin ran over and picked it up, then threw it over the side of the ravine. It fell away into the Twilight.

"Wait..! Why..?!" Jeremy stuttered, but Ryoo interrupted him. "I've never actually met a person who tried to kill Moira for no reason at all. Usually it's for some purpose. A Zora did it once for power. Dark Link did it to blot out the Triforce. I can't see why you'd be any different." Ryoo handed the cord to Ralin.

"You're in charge of the so-called 'Hylian'. Now..." Ryoo looked into the enormous doorway leading into the palace. Teto had gone that way, he knew, but that was they way they needed to go.

Moira, sword drawn, walked past the entire group and entered the Palace. She called back over her shoulder, "She took our Castle, so let's take hers. What are you people waiting for..?"

---------

The world was fading. The stones, the bars, everything seemed to be turning darker and darker, blurring as they did so. The sound of dripping water was fading away, as was the scurrying of the rats.

So....thought Ain. This is death....

He had not been given water in days. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten. It was as if the Twili in the Castle above had all but forgotten about their prisoner. After they had tortured him, they had used their magic to heal his wounds. Queen Ayame's orders, he had overheard. She didn't want him bleeding to death or dying of internal injuries. But he bore the scars all over his body; they were like the claw marks of an enormous beast raking across his chest and arms. One in particular, a scar with a zigzagging appearance, stood out on his face. It went from above his left eye, across the bridge of his nose and ended in the middle of his right cheek.

Days, weeks, or a month, he couldn't tell. His silver hair, which the Twili had cut short just to anger him, was lank and dirty. they had taken his armor, and the clothes he wore were now stained with blood and the grime from the dungeon. He was thin, weak, and hollow-eyed.

He was dying.

But I have fulfilled my purpose....he thought with a small flicker of satisfaction. My life has been given to keep the Queen of Hyrule safe. Moira is safe now.

.......Moira.......

Suddenly, he felt something. It was a feeling of cold against his chest....no, now it was becoming a feeling of warmth. An intense sensation of heat ran through the Sheikah's body, beginning in his heart and moving outward, into his limbs. He opened his eyes. The world was coming back into focus. He felt his strength returning to him. Then, he suddenly saw why.

An enormous, tan wolf, almost the size of a horse, was standing over him, with its cold nose pressed against his chest. Life force was flowing from the animal into the man, bringing him back from the brink of death. Ain recognized the wolf as Lae, one of the three strange wolves that had been there for Dark Link's downfall. But she had changed; she was so large now, and she had wings.

Ain spoke then, the first thing he had said in a very long time. His voice was rusty and rough from disuse. "You.." he said. "Are no wolf."

Lae took her nose away from Ain's chest. He was fully restored now, but Lae felt weak. She has spent more of her precious power to bring him back, and she didn't have much left. She looked wearily at the Sheikah.

"Come with me, Ain." she said. "We are going to pay a visit to the Queen of the Twilight Realm."

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Adn wasn't paying much attention to Jeremy and the others. She was watching Karnil. How could Teto have taken his soul? If he can do this, he might be alot more dangerous than any of us thought. Adn turned her back on Karnil, just for a moment, she saw that Jeremy was held fast by ropes. The others seemed to be handling this well enough, she was still wondering about Teto and Karnil.

=============================================================================

Ayame had felt it, the breach between the worlds. They are in the Twilight Realm. Ayame sighed, even her best plans had been thwarted by that group. She supposed that there was one way left to her, if it was nesssecary, she would have to go and fight them herself. The idea didn't quite appeal to her but, if it had to be done, it would be. Over the next couple of minutes, Twili kept asking for order, having sensed the breach as well, by Ayame told them to return to their posts. She needed to wait, she had to wait.

Posted

Teto stood in the corner of a room. the wound on his hand had healed now and the bandage's magic had worked better than he had hoped. Brilliant. I gave the wound the energy to heal and it can drain souls. I'm one step closer to finding the secret to making the crystal. All I have to do now is perfect it and remove whatever it is in this bandage that creates such an effect. Then I can make the crystal and set this entire story into place. Teto grinned. When I've seen the fate of the crystal, I'll create it's origin.

Teto took the bandage and placed it carefully into a small leather pouch he carried with him. He sealed it and placed it into one of the inner pockets of his cloak. He saw Moira enter the empty hall as he shrunk back into the shadows.

Posted (edited)

Don't phase me bro.

--------

"That bolt of lightning was hardly dangerous at all... Hah, if I wanted to kill her there would've been much... much more magic... It seems you don't know, I am not of this universe." Just as Ralin was about to kill Jeremy in some undignified way, he shot up, high above any of their reach, physical or otherwise. He closed his eyes and moved his hands, blue light emitted from the palms and a rectanglular box surrounded him, when it disappitated he wasn't there. Nor was his sword.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)