The Legend of Zelda: Betrayal

681 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The compantions watched Jeremy disappear. When he was gone, Ryoo simply shrugged, and said, "Eccentric. Perhaps slightly insane."

"But where do you think he went...?" asked Ralin, eyeing the surrounding area.

"If he comes back, we can deal with him then. I think he may be trying to prove some thing or another, thought what it is escapes me. For now, we should begin this business of securing the Palace." Ryoo answered, and with a wave of his robe he entered the Palace. The others followed, Specever and Aelx behind Ryoo, then Ralin, and Adn bringing up the rear.

------

Ooc: Is that everyone...?

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Nope.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Adn had seen the palace before, a tall, large building that was covered in strange red carvings. When they reached the amin entrance, Adn felt a strange feeling wash over her. It was difficult to express as an emotion, it was both hatred and saddness, Adn didn't know where it was coming from. She remembered something as well. The crystal was from the Twilight Realm wasn't it? Adn knew that she was getting closer to the mystery of the crystal.

Ryoo split everyone up into groups, Specever and Alex, and Ryoo with Ralin. Adn had requested to go alone, which Ryoo, eventually agreed on. Adn walked of in the direction of, from what she could remember, the dungeons. But, instead ended up in the library. There was no one here but there were several books open. She looked at all of them, just spellbooks. She was about to leave when a title caught her eye A History of the Twilight Realm. She ran over to the book and stared down at its open pages and began to read. Who would leave this laying around?

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Jeremy fell on the ground "Goddammit. Whatever," he got up and dusted himself "The only reason I stayed there was to see what would happen to them in the Twilight Realm, they didn't need me at all." he checked his pockets, he found a strange looking key "Hmm... Now, I wonder what this 'Ayame' is. I should go check it out, Hyrule Castle seems like a good place to start. Back to the beginning but now, she'll fear me." He prepared himself, making scrolls, enchanting them.

Posted

Teto lurked through the halls of the empty castle. He heard Ryoo ordering them into separate groups. He peered around the corner of a nearby door and saw them in the main hall. Adn headed his way after requesting that she went her own way. Teto stepped back into the shadows, pulling his hood over the red bulbed lenses of his mask. Adn entered the room. She was almost as invisible in the room if it wasn't for the blue glow of the crystal and the fierce red eyes. Teto noticed that the bandage had begun to glow a little, he put his hand behind his back and it faded slowly, Adn didn't seem to notice. She had found a book on the floor and was reading it by the dull glow of the crystal.

Teto walked away, his hand still behind his back, into the corner of the room. His eyes had become more conspicuous as he had neglected to hide them from view with the hood of his cloak. Teto watched as Adn examined the book.

Posted (edited)

Adn's eyes sped across the page as she read. Many years ago when the dark interlopers were sealed within a realm untouched by the Goddesses. They began to develop a way to fight again the barrier of light that kept them there. The created powerful objects with many great powers but, it was not enough to destroy the barrier. On the day when the last crystal was forged a stranger came and took it from its owner. He then dissapeared for many years. The crystal was never found again and since that day, there were not enough Twili to make a second attempt and the one crystal that had survived was never seen again.

Adn finally connected everything.

The crystals were made to combat the barrier that kept the Twili trapped in this Realm but, then... someone took it from them and was never seen again. Then Karnil had it and then Nia and now I do. But who is the person who led to all this? Was it Teto? Unfrotunatly Adn was sure that she saw someone moving out side, was it him? Teto how had taken Karnil's soul, Teto who led to all this? Adn's anger had been re-ignited by this, even though she had no proof she was positive that Teto had done this, somehow.

Posted

Teto slipped out of the room as Adn read. Teto heard her growl softly and she glanced at the doorway, possibly sensing Teto's presence. She didn't follow though. She returned to her thoughts as Teto silently entered the main hall again. Before this, he would have killed Adn and stolen the crystal, but the motivation was gone. There was nobody to give it to and to earn the secrets to the crystal he would have to do it in the way suggested by his master. But it was just that. A suggestion. Teto glanced back at Adn who stood over the book still.

Unbeknownst to him though, Ryoo had caught sight of the blue bandage and had alerted the others who were still in sight. He had done it silently. Possibly telepathy of some kind. But they had seen him. Teto looked away from Adn, as he did so, Adn heard Ryoo's voice in her head. Teto found himself caught in the middle of them again. Specever, Alex, Ralin, Moira, Ryoo and Adn had all spotted him. It was surprising how much the group had thinned out in such a short time.

Teto saw no method of escape. He cursed his foolishness and lack of common sense as Ryoo held up a magic charged hand. None of them drew closer as he wore the bandage and they had all witnessed what he had done.

The group seemed to space out more, forming a near perfect circle surrounding him. They closed in a little. Ryoo must have been ordering them to as he had never seen them move so in sync with each other. Adn was the first to speak. She had questions that needed answering and she knew that there was more to this than met the eye.

Posted

Well now everyone forgets Alex Arbiter :cry:

Posted

Specever, Alex, Ralin, Moira, Ryoo and Adn had all spotted him.
Well now everyone forgets Alex Arbiter :cry:

Try reading the posts next time. ;)

Posted

Jeremy finished preparing his scrolls and equipment. He strolled over the fields, picking out specific flowers as he went along. "Can never be too prepared" Occasionally, he would get out his alchemy apparatus and make potions. Sitting down while he did so. Eventually, he reached the gates of Hyrule Castle Town.

"This is it." He walked in.

Posted

The courtyard of Hyrule Castle were completely still and silent. Twili guards stood at their posts, none of them expecting to see any excitement. There wasn't a single soul living in Castle Town, save for cats and the mice they hunted.

The Twili leaned back against the stone walls, chatting with each other in their native language. The truth was, none of them wanted to be in the World of Light. They missed their home, the Twilight Realm, but Queen Ayame had taken them to this one to conquer, and so they followed her.

One courtyard in was especially silent. It had been long abandoned; a section of the dungeon had given way there many years ago, and the ground was still fragile. Which is why Lae was able to break through it so easily.

Shattering the silence, the winged wolf burst out of the ground, shooting up into the air and spreading her wings. Dirt, timber, and rubble flew in all directions. With a great beat of her wings, Lae began to circle around, over the stone walls, climbing higher into the sky. Ain clung to her back, keeping low so as not to obstruct her flying. The Sheikah had taken back his slender sword from where the Twili had left it, along with his leather armor.

Higher and higher they flew, circling the Castle several times, before finally facing the tallest of the towers; the throne room. "Hang on!" shouted Lae, and she shot forward through the air, aiming straight at the enormous window that the throne faced.

Folding in her wings, she crashed through the glass. The shards shone and sparkled in the air, before flying and scattering in all directions, covering the floor with pieces of the window. Lae crashed into the floor herself, her legs slipping out from under her and sending her tumbling. She finally came to a stop, then slowly, and shakily, stood up. I've gone too far now....she thought, dispairing. If I had let Ain die, I might have had enough power......to get home.....but it's too late...... She looked over to the Sheikah, who had thrown himself clear of her, and now had his sword drawn. No...I couldn't have let him die. Lae then realized how attatched to her creations, how attached to Hyrule itself, she had truly become. She had only this last card to play. After that, Hyrule was on its own.

Exhausted and drained of all but a little power, Lae turned her gaze to the throne. It's occupant stared in amazement. Amazement turned to anger, but then anger turned to amusement.

Ayame stood. She was smiling. She took a few steps forward, away from the throne. "Isn't this a lovely surprise!" she said, almost gaily, but still with a hint of malice in her voice. "A couple of Moira's pets, come to try and destroy me. Isn't that right?" she spread her arms wide. "Is that not why you have come?"

Lae growled deep in her throat. "Adn made a mistake with you." she snarled. "You're too corruptible; too weak! She never should have let the Triforce of Power fall into your hands!"

Ayame stopped. Her smile faded as she lowered her arms. "What...do you mean, wolf? What has Adn to do with me? We had never even met before a year ago!"

Suddenly, Lae understood her error. I should not have said that....but it doesn't matter now. She narrowed her lupine eyes. This has to stop. Ayame...has to die. With a snarl, she launched herself at Ayame. Ayame didn't even have to dodge the atack; she simply teleported to another part of the throne room.

"You are no wolf." Ayame called from a far corner of the throne room. "What are you, then? Some messenger of the gods, come to punish me for abusing my power?" Lae charged at her again, and she teleported again. Lae crashed into the wall, knocking over a wooden table and shattering an expensive vase.

Ain was unsure if he should intervene. He was a skilled fighter, but he had already proven himself to be no match for Twili, especially not Queen Ayame. And something happening before him felt profound, and above him, like a battle between the gods.

Ayame appeared again in the center of the room, watching Lae pick herself up. the Twili Queen smiled. "I see now.....perhaps you were powerful once. But your power is spent. You are tired, weak, barely holding on to that form you have. Is that your true form, Lae?" Ayame's eyes darkened, her expression turning to one of evil. "I think not." She held out her arm.

Blue light surrounded Lae; Ayame was using Twili magic on her. She was lifted into the air, struggling vainly to free herself, but it was no use. With a cry, Ayame threw Lae across the throne room. At least a hundred feet or more she was thrown, until her body was smashed against the opposite wall with such force that the nearest window was shattered. Lae fell to the ground in a heap, glass falling all around her. She was still.

Ayame lowered her arm. "I am the Queen.......of Light......and Darkness" she said to no one in particular. She never even glanced at Ain. Suddenly, one of her Twili soldiers burst in to the throne room. He fell to one knee in front of her. "My Queen..." he said reverently, but still hurriedly. "There has been a disturbance in our realm..."

"I know." she interrupted him. "I know they have entered the Twilight Realm."

"But, My Lady...!" the guard said. "The Palace! They have taken the Palace of Twilight!"

Ayame froze momentarily. Then, without another word, she swept from the throne room, her guard following close behind. Ain watched her go, then suddenly remembered Lae. He turned to where she had fallen, but the enormous wolf was no longer there.

Lying still beside the wall, surrounded by broken glass, was a young Hylian woman, clothed in green and black. Her long, brown hair fell all about her, as did many long, tan feathers.

Ain went to her side an knelt down beside her. So....he thought. She was never a wolf. She is mortal now. He gently lifted her unconcious form, and headed out of the throne room. The time had come to leave Hyrule Castle.

Posted

Jeremy felt a presence, of magic and of good. He looked up and just caught a flying beast fly towards the castle. He ran towards the entrance of the castle, opened the door and ran forward, only to see that dark figure he saw a few days ago. "Now..." he threw his hand down, a blast of light came out and hit the ground.

A globe appeared, covering him in the middle and the leader at one end. "What the?" he heard her say

"HA-HA-HA-HA... THIS! Is a globe of dispel, you can cast inside of it but... You can't cast outside of it, that means, no running away. And my dear, dear friend... I outmatch you." He chuckled to himself, the guards were pouring in on every side.

"WALL OF FIRE! Ice Dagger!" A twili fell to the ground, impaled with a shard of ice.

Several other Twili stopped in their tracks, not wanting to breach the wall of fire.

"Now... I have you all!"

"Ball Lightning! Bombardment! Fireball! Meteor Swarm! Ice Storm! Cloudkill!" more twili fell, they were beginning to wonder if attacking this dude was the right idea

"DO YOU WANT MORE?! DO YOU?! ALRIGHTY THEN!"

He cast "Wyvern Call" they fled. He dispelled it.

"Do you see my power?" he asked Ayame,(he doesn't know she is Ayame, just for speed basically) "No, actually. That's not power, however... I have never seen those spells before, where do you come from?" she asked with a bit of fear.

"My dear lady... You do not want to know." he crossed his eyes. Waiting for her to make a move so he could destroy her.

Posted (edited)

"What is that blue bandage and have you ever been to the Twilight Realm?" Adn asked sharply. She was coming to a conclusion. Perhaps now, she would be able to destroy the crystal. It was Teto, who had the answers o her questions now. The whole group stared at her and they all found her second question to be strange. Teto took a while to answer, but he did, and his answer was going to answer her questions.

=============================================================================

Ayame had too many things to deal with, this Hylian spellcaster, and the capture of her castle. I should have seen this coming! She stood perfectly still for a moment and then she smiled. There was definately a way to solve both problems. Ayame teleported away from the Hylian and landed down perfectly in the dugeons. She only had a few seconds to do this, before the Hylain discovered her location. She needed to find out how Adn was connected to her.

Posted (edited)

Jeremy quickly cast Dimension Door before anything else happened, the globe went away.

He appeared on a corner, he heard Ayame around it. He laughed quietly, took out his sword, put on his enchanted items. He turned invisible and became silent, he could shout but no one would hear him. He decided to wait, this would be interesting

---

Name: Jeremy

Race:Hylian

Weapons: The Unseeming Darkness(his runed sword)

History: Jeremy, once a miner is now what he would be classed as, an epic tier Wizard. He nows boasts an arsenal of terrifyingly power spells. Some would liken him to a Mage of the Hosttower in Luskan, except far more benevolent, however, unlike the Hosttower Wizards, he does not possess the resources to create his own spells.

Good or Evil: Neutral

My updated profile.

Posted (edited)

Teto grinned a little under his mask and sighed. "I've never been to the Twilight Realm before, Adn." Teto said simply. "There's alot more to all of this than you might think."

Adn hesitated, "B- But. In that book I read, it told of a man who stole the last crystal from the light barrier that once stood over the Twilight Realm."

"Exactly. I was and am going to be that man. I have dealt with Nia, my primary task. But now I have to put everything back together so all of this happens." Teto stopped to see Adn's expression. "As for the bandage," Teto began, unwinding it, "it is the first step towards discovering the secret to the crystal. I must discover it and give it to Karnil so that it can then in turn come to you."

"But why? Why must it come to me?" Adn asked desperately.

"Because it already has. I just have to make sure that it comes to you again. I'm not deciding the fate of you all. I already know it. I'm just making sure it happens." Teto was silent. He didn't expect them to understand.

"B- But... The crystal. It came from the light barrier." Adn trailed off.

"Yes. I stole it from the light barrier so that I could make the light barrier." Teto explained.

"But... Who made the light barrier in the first place?" Adn asked, still confused.

"I did." Teto answered quickly.

"Well then, who did you steal it from?" Adn asked.

"Myself." Teto answered again. Adn fell silent.

"How is that even possible? It isn't possible." Adn whispered almost to herself. "Then... What about Karnil? The bandage? Where did it go after you got the crystal."

"Well, to start off, I haven't even touched the crystal yet. I'm going to get it about 1,000 years ago." Teto chuckled. "As for Karnil's soul, it's in this bandage and in your crystal." Teto said simply as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Adn didn't understand. "His soul is in my bandage. One thing I must do is transfer the bandage's energy to the crystal when I come to obtain it."

"So... Karnil has two souls?" Adn asked, thinking that she was figuring it out.

"No. He has one." Teto corrected her. Adn was out of questions. She still struggled to wrap her head around all of this. Teto turned away from her and faced the others who looked equally as confused but for Ryoo who held the Triforce of Time, giving him a huge insight into the ways of time.

"Let him go." Ryoo said quietly, lowering his hand. The others looked at him quickly. "If we kill him, we're risking tearing time apart, thus destroying us all. The only time to kill him is 1,000 years ago in the Twilight Realm after the crystal has been stolen from himself." Ryoo explained. Teto nodded. "And I can do that. I have control over time. Therefore I can finish you." Ryoo said, thinking it over. "Now go. Leave here and finish your job."

"And who's going to make me? I can stay here as long as I want. It doesn't matter when I go back. I have all the time in the world. And if you try to stop me, you may end up destroying us all." Teto had the upper hand. He turned away from the group and left the hall through a small doorway in the corner. None of them moved to stop him. Adn looked around at them all. She wasn't sure whether to be amazed, enraged or relieved that they hadn't killed him there and then.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)