Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight is a VIRUS.

104 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You get used to it fast. It's proper English formatting, so when you write papers you need to do it like that.

I'm kinda anal about it because I might become an English teacher if game programming falls through.

Edited by Django (see edit history)

Posted

I did, but it doesn't change the part of "why women shouldn't read books" or "Be a man and forbid her to read them"

:cry: I was just kidding.

What I was trying to say with the second part is that her reasons for saying something like that were probably because she has this certain, unrealistic ideal and that if I knew what it was I could shoot it down. For instance, if she doesn't think he's romantic enough then she could just very well leave him. Oh, and it's just stupid to say you can learn something about romance from a book. Maybe you can from some books, but you can't from a lot of them. Especially not a fiction book about vampires. They are built to be perfect; ideal.

Posted

For instance, if she doesn't think he's romantic enough then she could just very well leave him. Oh, and it's just stupid to say you can learn something about romance from a book. Maybe you can from some books, but you can't from a lot of them. Especially not a fiction book about vampires. They are built to be perfect; ideal.

That's what I thought she was implying, too...that I could learn from Edward. =/ I told her I can never be perfect like Edward. I also remembered a certain scene she mentioned some time ago, and said "If you kissed another guy, I don't think I would be okay with it, either." (There's a scene in one of the books where Bella is kissed by Jacob, a childhood friend I think, and Bella goes along with the kiss. Edward finds out later and he's okay with it.) I think I pushed her with that statement, as she had a mad expression. We got over it it today, though.

I think "Twilight" is just making guys seem less perfect than they might already be. I personally feel put down just thinking of a hot, perfect vampire guy that could be the most understanding and forgiving guy no matter what the girl does.

Posted

:cry: I was just kidding.

What I was trying to say with the second part is that her reasons for saying something like that were probably because she has this certain, unrealistic ideal and that if I knew what it was I could shoot it down. For instance, if she doesn't think he's romantic enough then she could just very well leave him. Oh, and it's just stupid to say you can learn something about romance from a book. Maybe you can from some books, but you can't from a lot of them. Especially not a fiction book about vampires. They are built to be perfect; ideal.

It didn't seem to, I'm sorry then.

Posted

I liked Twilight, but GOD. The fangirls SCARE ME. My friend was about to get attacked in the mall the other day for saying "I liked it, but I think Harry Potter's better."

It really amazes me that people have been ASSAULTED by fans. Even if the book is just "okay." It wasn't amazing to me either, but it was good. I'm gonna have to watch mine and my friends' backs or something...

Posted

You would like Twilight, I mean, just look at your signature.

Posted

You would like Twilight, I mean, just look at your signature.

I admit, I lol'd.

Posted

You guys are stupid! Twilight is a great fantasy romance series! (I still can't finish Eclipse, though...)

I mean, it's not as good as Zelda, but still...it's pretty good. (And please, do NOT assume I'm gay because I read twilight.)

Posted

Nothing wrong with being gay. That said, Twilight is ass.

The main problem with Stephanie Meyer is that she writes her novels as if they were fanfiction. She is, for all intensive purposes, the foremost fanfiction author of her own material.

I saw the movie. It was tripe, but it was better than the book. If you are compelled to say otherwise, you are one of the extremists described in the OP, without exception.

Posted

Nothing wrong with being gay. That said, Twilight is ass.

The main problem with Stephanie Meyer is that she writes her novels as if they were fanfiction. She is, for all intensive purposes, the foremost fanfiction author of her own material.

I saw the movie. It was tripe, but it was better than the book. If you are compelled to say otherwise, you are one of the extremists described in the OP, without exception.

They are fanfiction. Self-inserts, actually. She wrote the book based on one of her dreams and et cetera. Bella is a Mary-Sue, and that Mary-Sue is Meyer.

Posted (edited)

First off, I'm not gay. I'm perfectly straight. I agree, she does write her books like fanfiction. But that's okay. I still like the books anyway. The book was way better than the movie. The movie wasn't even that good...It was okay, but still...Either way, I'm just gonna leave before I raise my blood pressure.

Edited by Tatl Tael Link (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I must say, what is "bloog pressure" nah lols

I've been visiting teen forums and telling them how bad this series is, inevitably I have become a target.

Oh well.

Edited by Waylander (see edit history)

Posted

I made a typoe, big deal! :-P Blood pressue! Jesus!

Posted

(I think we have a Twihard in our mitts...)

Posted

@Tatl Tael Link: The only reason Twilight is annoying is the way people act about it. Everyone is over obsesive about a book based on the person that made it, but it's still fake. Everyone is going to litterally kill eachother for mercandice that will run out, and the fans will run a muck wreaking havoic to the world evenutually destroying the world with their love.

That's the real consern here. The safty of others, and the safty of yourselfs.