What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

I canceled my order for it before it shipped. I really miss playing Touch My Katamari on it. I regret selling mine. $130 for the whole used Borderlands 2 bundle isn't bad at all. But still, idk. 

Posted

Quote taken from a youtube video I am posting below, felt like it is relevant

I love the Uncharted series and Uncharted 4 looks like its going to be the game that finally convinces me to pick up a PS4. It's weird how that changes, isn't it? I used to be super excited when I planned to get a new console, but now I am just like "Damn you Sony, you finally got me!"

Teto likes this

Posted

playing advance wars on gba, and monster hunter 4 ultimate for 3ds. good shit, doggie.

T1g likes this

Posted

playing advance wars on gba, and monster hunter 4 ultimate for 3ds. good shit, doggie.

oh man i loved Advance Wars 2 (i think... the DS one I guess) so I bought the original gba one on the Wii U virtual console and booooooooooooy let me tell you-- i don't remember the sequel having so many mandatory tutorials lol. I think i'll play a bit right now though so i can finally get to the main game. 

_17chan likes this

Posted

If for some reason you need a Gold Crown Monster Hunter to back you up just say the word. You should be able to find help just fine though

_17chan likes this

Posted

If for some reason you need a Gold Crown Monster Hunter to back you up just say the word. You should be able to find help just fine though

actually i kind of just want to hunt with some new people / friends, so regardless of your rank, i'd be down. :)

Posted

yeah but like, I outclass you by enough levels that any hunt i do with you will be boring. Like, me killing it within a minute of finding it boring. Plus I clocked a ludicrous amount of time into the game, so you know

Posted

I'm finishing up Earthbound. I have been playing it on and off for over a year. It's kind of running together with Mother 3, which I played straight through a few years ago. 

It's cute. I just got Poo, so I wonder how far along I am in the game. Surely I am at least half way through. 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I'm slowly getting back into Rift again. Recently they introduced a 20 man raid dungeon called Hammerknell, and the chest drops are super super good, and currency just oozes out of it.

Posted

I wish my computer could play MMOs still. I always get bored of them though....

I was playing ff14 again recently on my PS3 and just stopped again after a week and a half.

Posted

Playing through Earthbound, I am really stressed out. I always feel like I am missing something. I rarely have the feeling that I've expired a dungeon/big place well. Like in Zelda or Pokemon, you get rewarded for venturing off the beaten path. Youll get an item or something. You all know the scenario. There are two paths, and one is probably the way to advance the story and one is an item. Instinctively you know which path is which. I want to collect everything and get good items in Earthbound. But like, I feel like its switched in this game. I take the path that I think leads me to the item first, just to be thorough. But it turns out it's the path that leads to the next area.

It's just really stressful. I feel like I'm backtracking a lot in this game.

Posted

Earthbound has some incredibly unorthodox locations yeah. It can be pretty hard to figure out if you're on the right path or not up until you hit the end of the game and the locations get really open-ended and fun.

Eventually you're probably going to need a guide just to get everything and even then 99% of the best stuff in the game is a super rare drop by enemies (including your best equipment) so Earthbound is a huge pain as far as item collection.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Picked up Asura's wrath btw. Haven't played it yeeeeeeeet.

Posted

Here's a few quick common criticisms for the game that you should know before you play it. No spoilers, don't worry:

• The game plays itself. I mean it doesn't really, but all of the challenging bits only come late in the game. For say, 66% of the game, it's very forgiving.
  • The plot is just absurd. Typical Generic Anime Cool-rather-than-sensible absurd. Things will happen that are a ton of fun and cool to look at, but this game is skin deep.
  • You have to buy the end of the game as DLC. No, really. Asura's Wrath is told in 22 episodes, and 19-22 have to be bought for $7. I know selling games used is a real problem for games studios, but this isn't the solution.

If you can get beyond all of that, like I did, then you'll probably have an actually pretty enjoyable experience. I actually enjoyed this game a lot, and would play it again if I had the means to. I'm just annoyed that they actually make you pay for the ending of the game.

LLmao ?✊? and Pizzza like this

Posted

I like Earthbound, it just wasn't designed that well map-wise. Mother 3 is better in this regard.