What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

Destiny Beta es okey. Not mind blowing by any means. 

Posted

I got super mario 3d world like 7 hours ago, I have already beat the game, and gotten rosalina. I have over 200 green stars on beating bowser.

Or should I say, Meowser

Basically I am setting the game up so that me, saha, necro, and agent zako can attempt a 4 player special world run

The special world is notoriously difficult. We will do some practice levels first, so they can get used to the game, but then we are charging into the thick of it

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Jesus I am awesome at this game, and am getting really good at breaking it with Rosalina. Rosalina OP

Posted

Really jealous. I want that game so badly but I can't justify spending $60 on it

Is it true that it's the best Mario game ever? Kind of like a best-of of Mario and then some?

Posted

I didnt really like Super Mario 3D World, despite loving 3D Land. World was just "Super Mario Awkward Camera Angle" to me.

its more fun to watch than play for me

Posted

I have had literally no problems controlling the game. I will get back to you on it after i do 4 player with saha necro and zako. The main reason I bought it is I want to rush through the difficult special world with 4 people. I would have bought monster hunter ultimate but i would rather wait for Monster Hunter 4

Posted

I guess i jux have poor depth perception. But ive read other people complaining about that too,

Even in the new Game Grumps lets play whatever one of them comments about the depth perception and the other guy is like "oh yeah, this deff shouldve been made for the 3DS"

Posted

I think it's just their usual, being distracted so they do bad selves

Posted

I think of the Game Grumps like people who find it hard to concentrate on talking and driving at the same time. They don't do very well with video games while having a conversation.

But I'm inclined to think they're just bad...

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Grabbed all the stamps from the regular worlds too. I guess I am just going for 100% completion at this point

Posted

I got the Ratchet & Clank trilogy for PS3, so I'm playing through the first game right now. Thinking more about it as I go, and I realised that I guess I kind of have a thing for 3D platformers, since Ratchet & Clank along with Spyro are some of my favourite games, as well as having fond memories of Croc, which I only ever played at a friend's house.

Spying out some things about R&C in particular, and I feel like it has pretty sparse boss battles. Maybe it's just the pacing of the storyline, but it feels like there should be more, more often. They're sprinkled out throughout the storyline at points, rather than at the end of a world, like in Spyro, Croc, or Sly Cooper. It's the level progression that sets me off balance with expecting bosses though; in those other games you had settings where you went through a variety of levels before facing a boss and moving on. In R&C you just bounce from one setting to another, following the story. It's more of a plot-driven game, in that way.

It also registered with me; a newbie to actually noticing game mechanics, that a lot of the exploration and problem solving comes from finding items which solve problems in levels you went to previously. Remembering what you needed, and going back once you have it. Spyro has that too, and Metroid, and Legend of Zelda. Pretty much any roleplaying game, actually. Find the blue key to open the blue door, etc. It's an ancient trope that really only registered with me as being a constant game mechanic that appears in a lot of games. Games become more linear if you can solve every problem as soon as you face it.

Posted

Oh man, me and Zako just had a very similar conversation about 3d platformer nostalgia

Posted

Yeah, I loved the Spyro and Croc games, and I did enjoy Sly Cooper. I think it was like a precursor to Assassin's Creed, only with furries.

The needing something and going back to a level thing is really cool imo. idk, it just feels wonderous, like, woah, what's behind this??? Looks like I'll find out later !!!

Posted

Legend of the Bagos right

Posted