You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

There's this guy that sometimes comes to the anime club that rubs me the wrong way. There are lots of different kinds of people in our anime club, of all tastes and types. This guy though, he's super disruptive, just talks even when we're doing announcements, and when you tell him to be quiet he looks at us like we're the assholes. And this dude almost exclusively comes to club when we have free food and Soda. I don't like to be confrontational about these kinds of things, we got a good group, and for the most part there are no problems, but next time he acts like this in club something needs to be done about it.

Posted

Yeah, I pretty much gathered how he'd behave after he offered me a pack of gum labeled "A nice pack of shut the fuck up" or something, even though I wasn't talking, then I kind of chuckled from amusement, then he kept holding it there right in my face long after he got the reaction, then later came back and did it to me again, while I wasn't talking, again holding it there long after any possible humor presented itself. He also has a Triforce tattoo on his shoulder that he shows off at literally every opportunity, and makes stereotypical Japanese pronunciations of anime titles whenever one comes on screen, even though I tell him the correct pronunciation.

Like alright, I appreciate your enthusiasm, kind of, but...

Posted

Does Necro go to your Animu club, Saha?

Posted

Yup

Posted

And so do I :3

Posted

And so do I :3

who are you?

Posted

hyrule dot net

more like belleville dot net

Posted

Close enough I guess

Posted

yeah

I don't even know how I bring people here. :S

Posted

I hate it when i try to express my feelings to my close friends, when im being super honest with them and myself, and they just dont care at all. This happens a lot actually. Something is probably really wrong with me if they cant accept the actual me. I hate complaining about stuff like this, so i dont do it too often. I should probably just stop.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that your close friends don't listen to you talk about your problems, but I think it sounds like you've got your approach to the problem a little misguided. Unless you're cramming your problems down their throat in every conversation you have with them as often as you might have them, somebody not caring about your problems is much more a sign of something being wrong with them, not you. If your friends don't care about you then get new friends. Your quality isn't defined by what other people think of you.

Posted

The last thing Pheo said is true, so you probably don't need like replace your friends.

Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that your close friends don't listen to you talk about your problems, but I think it sounds like you've got your approach to the problem a little misguided. Unless you're cramming your problems down their throat in every conversation you have with them as often as you might have them, somebody not caring about your problems is much more a sign of something being wrong with them, not you. If your friends don't care about you then get new friends. Your quality isn't defined by what other people think of you.

Unless you're actually a legitimate asshole who should change who they are for all our sakes, but that's not true for us here.

Posted

Yeah I mean, if you can see yourself making mistakes you should definitely try to change that, and it's not like you need to just completely leave all of your friends behind, but you definitely shouldn't be basing your opinion of yourself off of what people think of you like that.

Posted

puppy.

I had my phone plugged into a usb cable into my computer and apparently it had just enough weight to pull it off the table and drop it onto the tile floor. This has happened before, I think the back of my nexus 4 is made of some sort of futuristic zero-friction substance - it manages to slide off of flat surfaces all the time.

So the screen is completely destroyed. the lcd display is fine but I can't get any touchscreen response at all. I had to order a $90 replacement and I'm gonna try to replace it myself instead of paying some guy probably $200 bucks to do it. Unfortunately that means I don't have a phone for probably a week until the stuff gets here. Ughhhhh.

And my family is having money problems right now and I just feel so bad for adding just another expense. My laptop screen has been cracked for a few months now and we haven't had the money to get that replaced either (cable repair guy stepped on it but we can't really prove that it was him).

I'm always so careful with it, and I've never actively dropped the thing. The only damage has been the universe deciding that my phone needs to be on the ground right this puppying second and pulling it off of tables when I'm nowhere near it.

Definitely gonna buy a case for it. Something that actually has grip.

puppy, though...

SilverAlchemic likes this