You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

The saga continues with previous dokidude.

So after awhile I added him back to FB thinking it'd be better to not make enemies of him. He responded saying that he felt he couldn't be friends so I was like ok, I'll respect that. This was a few weeks ago; yesterday night he messaged me back saying he might be down to play a videogame sometime. I thought hey this is nice! Why not. So I said 'Sure, I'm free next Friday because I'll be in Burlington this weekend' (and during the week I'm just busy as dang anyways. It's the last 3 weeks of school). So he responds 'How about St. Patty's Day?' and that day my housemates are coincidentally celebrating pseudo-birthdays for me and my housemate then (because I won't see my housemates for my actual birthday, as its in summer). So I told him that and said sorry. He asked me if I was free at the time he was messaging me (Thursday night, 9:00 pm). I was working on an essay because the paper is due next week (and tbh I was kinda tired and didnt want to do much. Maybe just take some 'me time' and watch a bit of anime when I went on break), so I declined. It seems that he originally 'stopped talking to me' because I was always busy. He thought that I was avoiding him, which I've said time and time again that I wasn't. But now he's taken the perspecive that I don't want to make time for him - that I'm always busy. Also that I'm 'scheduling him in' for time.

So like... I really can understand how he'd feel hurt about it, but its honestly been sheer coincidence that all the days he's asked me I've been busy with work. But him making me feel bad because I'm concerned with my schoolwork really ticks me off. We're not even super good friends - I've known him for a few months and have hung out with him maybe 4 times in total (most of which were date-like). I really don't mean to 'schedule' him, but I really can't do much about it. ;; I'd naturally be a lot more free on Friday nights and the weekends. I don't get why he couldn't ask me then.

So now that I'm free next Friday, if I don't go hang out with him he'll think I'm avoiding him. But I'm so peeved at him, I don't want to hang out with him and play videogames at all. >: I told him when I was free, why does he have to make everything so difficult. -__- And how is he not busy with work?!

Posted

So this is the guy who only wanted to get in your pants as fast as possible right? Frankly, he doesn't sound worth the trouble. Sure maybe you're accidentally giving him the impression you're avoiding him, but that's not something you can control. You have had four dates with this guy and you broke it off after he was a dick. If he's trying to be upset with you for something out of your hands after you so graciously let him back into your life, just forget him.

Posted

Just tell the guy it's not gonna work out and maybe apologize for being busy (not saying you should feel like a bad person about it, but it helps people when you say these things). You're a good person and trying to put him back in your life is really nice of you, but I don't think you're ever gonna have the time and energy to restore that relationship to a friendship level because frankly, he messed up bad and it takes a lot of work to fix that sort of thing.

Basically don't sweat it too much, take a moment to tell the guy you're unable to work on friendship right now, maybe apologize for everything not working out if you want to try that, and just let it fade out on its own.

Posted

You have no obligation to apologize or schedule time for him. Unless of course, you have done something wrong or do want to schedule time. However, if you have responsibilities that are far more important than him, then it is as simple as that.

I feel that honesty is the best route to follow in these sorts of situations. Tell him (clearly) how you're feeling, whether you're too busy or simply do not like him enough to hang with him. Maybe even both, who knows?

And as pheo suggested, it is very possible that he is not worth the trouble. If he's making you feel uncomfortable, with all of his difficulty and sadnessfulness, it might best not to further involve yourself with him.

Plus your taste in men are clearly more in my direction. Gosh.

Posted

People say I spend too much time in my room, so I hang out in the living room. Then they tell me I loaf around too much and I have to earn my keep. So then, naturally my brief diaspora from my room ends and I go back to my room. puppying hell. Can't put a price on independence.

Posted

late to the party, but man Eka, I hope that guy learns his lesson someday :S he seems as dense and insensitive as a brick

and yeah Necro, but the grass is always greener, etc. Hope it really is once you get there though.

Posted

"expresso"

Posted

I had the following dialogue with my friend Nate on the way into a gas station after I told him about the 200+ Nigerian girls being kidnapped because they go to school:

Nate: Well, what can we do? It's not like you can be in an action movie, grab an M16 and storm in here.

Me: Yeah, I wish.

Nate: And what?

Me: Put a beatdown on the people that need a beatdown.

After actually talking with someone out loud, I couldn't stand to imagine what those girls went, or are going through. It made me feel so hopeless and angry. I can't do anything about things like this in the world. I can't control people and I don't want to, but they do things like this. I want to educate them, I want them to see how awful they're being, I want them to think with an empathetic heart, and I can't do any of that. I had to hold back tears for the next hour and struggled to maintain my composure while in public with my friend.

Posted

Whatever's happening to me right now is ridiculously debilitating. I've basically been rendered with no focus, zero energy and somehow I can't bring myself to like the things I usually like (or anything else for that matter). What is this

Posted

sounds like depression

only, if it lasts a long time

I totally get that though.

Posted

I just randomly came down with tonsillitis yesterday. First time ever having it woo

It's not too severe, I can still eat and breathe which are the important parts to note, and it usually goes away within a few days/a week so I'm not really concerned. Just kind of sucks that it's a literal pain to eat anything now, although today it's less painful than it was yesterday. And that it seems to have come from absolutely nowhere... 

(ugly white spots in my throat also, soooo attractive right...)

Posted

Never had tonsilitis, though I have had strep throat numerous times. If the one is anything like the other, I feel your pain

Cascade likes this

Posted

Keep strong  :rock:

Germs are bad. Don't let them get you down.

Cascade likes this

Posted

Sux. ):

I've been sick with some kind of illness for the past few days. It's going away slowly, but it's just a general sick feeling without the fatigue, really. It's kind of just annoying.

Cascade likes this