Should hugs be banned?

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"In their endless campaign and their inherited duty to confound their elders, this latest generation of teenagers has adopted a new weapon:

Hugging.

As detailed by a recent front-page story in The New York Times, teenage hugging has become an epidemic stretching from one coast to the other. Girls are hugging girls. Boys are hugging boys. Boys are hugging girls and vice-versa, which is not really a new development, except that now the inter-gender embraces do not necessarily have ulterior motives.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

I found this webpage, and still can't work out whether its a satire or not...

Posted

Now that's just stupid. I mean come on it's a hug. It's not like anything will happen. I mean they banned hugging in schools. That makes sense because there's a hands off policy so we can't do that, but banning hugs in public? That's just not right.

Posted

I'm going to guess that it's satire. Even if it isn't meant to be, I will continue to revere it as such, because it would be absolutely ridiculous if it was being serious.

And we all know people can't be ignorant enough to think that hugs are the terrible things that will end society.

Posted (edited)

Ah, education and safety boards trying to feel more empowered by denying us hugging privileges? Morons. The education department has never had any respect and they know it. I suppose doing this to teenagers makes them feel better about themselves. I agree with the last sentence in Dustin's post. There really are worse things to worry about in this world than hugging.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

I found this webpage, and still can't work out whether its a satire or not...

PADRAIG

-hug-

Posted

PADRAIG

-hug-

RAIN

-hug-

Posted

I can't believe you guys. How can you not understand that HUGGING IS THE NEW FORNICATION!?!?!?!?1?! Do you know what is going to happen here. Teen pregnancies, HTDs, the end of the world as we know it!!!!1!!11ONE!! Are you just going to stand by and let this happen!?!?! Animals! Degenerates! Wallow in your hugginess as it eats away at your soul from the inside, see if I care!

Posted

-Aethix

HUG ME, MAN!

Posted

Help! I'm being molested by a ninja!

Posted

RAIN

-hug-

JO-BENGT

-hug-

Posted (edited)

Help! I'm being molested by a ninja!

1337 NINJA HUG :ph34r:

Let's group hug with Rain!

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

You hug-freaks make me sick. Sick.

Back to seriousness: this is insane. Banning hugs? Hugs, of all things to ban? There is only one response to this situation with any merit...

130-126big-brother-is-watching-you-posters.jpg

Posted

Good think they finally admitted underage drinking.

What's this, hugging is banned?

Posted (edited)

Hugging got banned at my school this year. :/ (or last year more rather since the school year is over)

It was sort of a combination of the principal and the School Board (mostly the School Board). Everybody hates the principal for this.

Petty thing to get worked up about, really.

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)