I am so happy right now!

381 posts in this topic

Posted

Aww, I wish it was that kind of shop now! Nah, it's just a typical local off-licence. Which I'm sure will have many opportunities to make for interesting stories in it's own special way... :V

Also, randomly, I came home today to a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, the tax office basically, saying that they had wrongly taxed me for the year 2013-2014, as I'm not eligible to pay any sort of income tax, so they have refunded me with a cheque for £112 in the mail. Woooooooooow. I'm gonna be partying this weekend!!! If I wasn't working that is. But still, p. sweet! It's almost like compensation for still having to be in the United Kingdom when I voted for Scotland to go independent last week!! (((:

Posted

Nobody on this forum has been happy since I posted in September? Wow cheer up you depressed pricks jeez

One of my regular customers at said above new job came in today and gave me a reaaaaally fancy box of chocolates out of the blue, as thanks for letting him occasionally dump his shopping and shit in our stockroom and in general being "such a lovely young person". Really sweet and kind of him, I wish the other 99% of customers we got were as nice as him it'd just make work so much more bearable. 

Also apparently my coworker's boyfriend's friend came into the shop one time when I was on and went away and mentioned to her that he thought the "new girl" was a "total shy hottie". I'm gonna take it as a (hilarious admittedly) compliment. Especially since I don't often put much effort into my appearance for work lol. It's been a day to smile about (for once) at work! <:

Pizzza, pheonix561, Knuckle and 1 other like this

Posted

Cascade is a goddess among sinners.

Our regular customers are, for the great most part, assholes. I doubt they have Panera's in Europe, but basically they are a cafe/bakery chain that has a bit of a price tag on each meal. Nothing too crazy but really puppying would never eat there without my discount. The food is pretty good though and its all organic no preservatives super healthy trendy food, so i guess its tons better than eating at McDonalds. Anyways, my point is that we attract a certain demographic- the upper middle class "entitled" white family. They are the meanest people ever when you are serving them. It's like.... they think we owe them. Like, they gave us money, we gave them food and let them use our dinning room, and yet we still aren't even. I dunno dudes. I have a million stories about these people. Interesting, the high school kids and young adults who eat there, despite obviously using their parent's money to buy it, are almost always the most polite customers. Probably because they work similar jobs. they feel our pain. we are one in the cancerverse u_u. 

But omg on Easter we were so dead cause our target demographic was out puuuurrraaaaasIng JAY-SAS! YASSSSSSS!!! but it made me realize our second biggest demographics, Asian/Indian people!!! SO MANY INDIAN PEOPLE COME IN HERE AND LIKE, they are in a sea of white so i didnt notice but puppy every other customer on Easter was Indian. Even my friend said that about his store that day lmao. One guy was like "Uh, sorry you had to work on Easter...."

and I was like "Just a sunday, i don't observe that holiday so no big deal"

And he was all "Haha cool. Me neither" and walked away. It was PERF

But overall im pretty happy. I like my job. I need more money desperately, but money isnt everything, ~you know~

Cascade likes this

Posted

That's literally my job too. Indian and Asian customers are so dumb fuuuuuuck.

I couldn't work at Panera bread. "health food" white people are the worst type of people. Hands-down. The worst.

Posted

It is rather ironic to celebrate the resurrection of Christ on a holiday called Easter. But that's none of my business...

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Dude like honestly who even gives a puppy. Let people do as they please for shit like this. Its puppying Easter let them wallow in tradition with family and friends. 

But actually the Indian and East Asian families are almost always so polite. I've been tipped much more generously here by people who appear to have immigrated to America, and even just people traveling from out of the country. LIke, these European people, They sounded dutch or from north of europe or whatever, asked me lots of questions (Hows the food, how do i enjoy working here, etc.) were very polite and then tipped me 5$, which is the most ive been tipped at this job so far. Keep in mind i make minimum wage+ so its not custom to tip me at all.

Posted

You don't find it a slight bit ironic Easter is named after a pagan goddess? I'm not even saying I don't celebrate it, just find it funny.

I never said people couldn't do what they want. But being a follower of Christ, it's sometimes healthy to take a step back and look at what you're doing. That's healthy for anyone really.

Posted

We are talking about hating customers though

It's more off topic than anything

Posted

Meh

Posted

The way Romans and Europeans appropriated Christianity is so steeped in irony it's practically dripping yeah :P

We're talking about an Empire that helped kill the person they worshiped.

Posted

Yeah but im not gonna blame these modern day americans for the crusades and shit. Theyre just steeped in tradition. Let them be, for they know not what they doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted

You don't find it a slight bit ironic Easter is named after a pagan goddess? I'm not even saying I don't celebrate it, just find it funny.

That true? Wouldn't that just be because Christianity had a habit of putting their major holidays at the same time as pagan ones in an effort to overshadow them? I heard that once.

I don't really know much of religious history I'll be honest.

Posted

The reasoning of holiay placement was so that the pagans who were used to their own traditions would have less of a leap to get to the christian version, made conversion a bit simpler. Also why Christmas is in december.most of those events are pretty secular these days though. I celebrate easter for the delicious ham.

SilverAlchemic and Chase like this