The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

Vincent listened to Ulia when she spoke, and listened as she fell asleep, even though he hadn't sleep himself for two days. Yet, he didn't feel tired, and it wasn't because he was used to it; he could only spend thirty-six hours without sleep and he would collapse unexpectedly. But because of recent events, he lost the will to even sleep. "Good night, Ulia... Rest well, for she, Vincent, and their friends will make their way for Kakariko in the morning..." He spoke in an emotionless whisper, knowing that she wouldn't hear it. The room didn't have any windows for him to just look through, and not wanting Ulia to think he lost his sense of sleeping, he closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, at least until morning would arrive. Whether the Alicia or Lavian would come and wake them up, he may never know, at least not until morning would arrive.

Posted

A loud boom was heard. Suddenly, Ulia was shot out into the air, and flipped into a flying stance. A stance where she spread her arms in a winglike fashion. She banked and turned around, seeing the cannon that had just shot her into the sky. She smiled and laughed, loving the freedom that it had given her. She took another banking turn, but her flying ceased. A cool, wet weight suddenly held her suspended. It was blue, and bubbles formed around her body as she moved through it. Water, she thought. She began to swim to the surface, but it was invisible to her. So far away that she couldn't see it. Suddenly, her speed skyrocketed. Figures bulleted past her, swimming in an upward spiral. The figures took shape, zoras swimming freely all around her, and two that held her arms as they pushed her towards the surface.

Light began to break on the shaky surface above. The swimming got faster and faster, until it was finally there. She let go of her zora companions and swung for the surface, letting go of her breath and going out on pure hope. Her fist broke free and unclenched, with her other hand following. And finally...

Ulia awoke with a startled breath. Well then... Hmm...

Posted

Vincent, after a while of pretending to sleep, heard a startled breath come from Ulia suddenly, but knew that she was probably just dreaming or something, so he remained silent. He didn't budge from the chair which he had sat in the moment he entered the room, nor did his eyes open to even glance at her. You could say that he didn't want her to think that he couldn't get some sleep, and just remained as he was, wondering if she would just go back to sleep, or wander the room for a moment.

Posted

((Ohai.))

Though his sleep seemed undisturbed, being in the desert for a while had drained a valuable resource- water. His body simply slipped into a comatose state rather than actual sleep, and his body relaxed for the first time since being put in the cell.

"That was some stunt you pulled back there."

"I had no choice."

"Oh really now? You couldn't have just asked the guard for the bag?"

"I did, though..."

"You didn't try hard enough."

"What would you have done?!"

"Hard to say, I don't exist. Now wake up already, they're waiting for you."

((Yaaayy hallucinations :D))

Posted

((WUT UP MANG? :D))

Darius was glad to finally be out of those bounds, to have his arms free at last. He grabbed his pillow and held it closely, loving the freedom. So, why is Ulia getting all of the action, anyway? He thought as he drifted to sleep.

No matter what it was that he was dreaming, it was pretty clear that he wasn't going to wake up any time soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ulia let her palm slide down her face and stood up to stretch. "Aaah... Damn, sleep never lasts long enough..."

Posted

Vincent heard her this time, and this time, he stirred very slightly in his pretended sleep, before his eyes had opened, his eyes remaining in their brown glaze; showing that he was still in the same state as he was in only two days ago. Though there was no light leading into the room, Vincent was aware that it was morning, and slowly got up into a standing position, dusting himself off lightly. He retrieved his bow and the bag that had the pieces to the weapon Alicia had to have, and placed them on his shoulder. Even though it was his supposed birthday today, he had never even bothered to tell his friends that, even when he had emotions. Darius seemed so fond in coming on this job that the idea had slipped his mind; that, and that he didn't wish to bug any more out of him.

Yet, if Smithy was to discover what has happened to him... "Ulia... Vincent has a favor to ask of you... He doesn't wish for Smithy to know of what happened to him, so if he asks, just tell him that Vincent is dealing with other matters, and doesn't wish to be disturbed..." He spoke, knowing very well that he could just go to the graveyard as he normally would have, for he felt strangely connected there.

Posted

((Hi hi, all, nice to be back))

Kirani couldn't sleep, could not even be bothered to fake it that night. The condition she was in earlier had completely dissipated. She watched over the others, a small yawn escaping her mouth. She jumped when Ulia woke up, pretending to sleep for a moment. Her fingers clutched her bag to her chest tightly.

Posted

((Good to have y'all back, sorry we took so long lol :embarrassed: . Hell I would've liked to have continued it, but we had to move on >.< ))

((Oh and btw, I think Kira got put in a room with Levian, but this works too :D ))

Ulia nodded. "Yeah, Vincent, I can do that for you." She looked over at Kira, who was clutching a bag rather tightly, but she could see her playing possum. She giggled and crept over to Kira, ready to pounce... and she jumped! She leapt onto Kira, hugging her tightly. "Good morning, terrible actor!" she sang at her friend. She let go and backed away, but still knelt in front of her friend with a smile. "I hope you were alright in that cage... sorry we took so damn long..."

Posted

((This sounds like a promising RP :D I must join.))

Name: Ryu

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Medium dark hair, usually wears a thick leather jerkin and an old brown traveling cloak. He has a long scar along his left cheek, and various more on both of his hands. He wears common traveler's boots, and has a broadsword strapped to his back.

Weapons: A medium length broadsword

Personality: A bit cocky, likes to show off, can be very serious when it's needed, but is usually a total goof.

Home: A hut on the border of Ordon Woods(Where Coro once lived)

Bio: Ryu was orphaned at a young age, and his elder brother raised him from there. They grew up in the woods, discovering many secrets that allowed them to live so richly yet so poorly at the same time. His brother taught him the basics of swordplay, though Ryu never quite mastered them. He learned to hunt many different animals like a professional, blend with just about any forest surroundings, and set up quite elaborate traps.

When his brother died, Ryu left the woods, having no desire to live there any longer. He traveled around Hyrule a bit, living with the gorons, and the zoras, and a short while in Castle Town. He returned to his old forest home a the age of 17, a well learned young man in many cultures and lifestyles.

He stayed at hoe for about two years, but he found it too lonely and depressing without his brother. Pretty soon his adventuring spirit was calling to him again, so he decided to go see the gorons again, and maybe stay awhile in Kakariko village. He bought a few supplies from Ordon and went on his way, planning to be gone for much longer than three years this time.

((I haven't read up on it all the way... being 19 pages and all, so I'll check it out a bit more before actually posting. Let me know if my character is okay.))

Posted

Kira blushed when Ulia hugged her, knowing she'd been found out. "Good morning," she took a moment, wondering if she should tell about earlier, "It was fine, nothing terrible happened..." She set her bag off to the side.

Posted

Vincent listened as Ulia agreed to tell Smithy just that when they would arrive to Kakariko, and saw as she pounced on Kira playfully, and hugged her tightly. His eyes remained at their glazed, brown hue since he had arrived, and after placing the bag Alicia gave him and his bow on his shoulder, he walked to the door. "The group should head out soon, because at this rate, they might be able to reach Kakariko before sun-down... So it'd be wise not to linger, or so Vincent thinks. He'll talk to Alicia about his friends being reequipped for the road ahead, because chances are that they may encounter something, if not nothing..." He spoke, opening the door only to see Levian on the other side.

"We'll make sure that your group will be decently equipped, so you..." She spoke, looking at Kira, and signalled her over. "Come with me, and I'll get the Zora and the other Hylian boy so we can reequip you... Since the boy here is still out of commission since the Burial Grounds, it would seem that you may be expected to return to this desert, but not to deliver that weapon. Alicia most often sticks to her word, and if she says that she will not terrorize any more villages when you should bring the repaired weapon to her, then she will do just that. I personally believe that she's the most trusting Gerudo in all of Hyrule, but at the same time, she's not to be triffled with, but what you believe is strictly your business." She spoke, waiting at the doorway for Kira. "Alicia would like to see to it that you stick to your word, for if she has to wait for too long for that weapon to repaired, she'll come after you personally... But, lucky for you, you have two weeks to have it returned, or so she told me to tell you. Whatever you do with it until then is up to you, but be sure to return it to her before the time is up..."

Vincent listened to her, and only gave a slight nod as he stepped out of the way so Kira could go with her, though what she may be given, he may never know. His arrows were swift when shot from any bow, Ulia's sword was tempered slightly so it was a bit lighter and sharper than it was before, so what weapon she may get could vary from an improved version of her own, or a new one all together.

Posted

The day was bright, filled with animals and flowers and many other things that create a peaceful atmosphere. There was an occasional bird's tweet, the sound of running water coming from the Kakariko Gorge, and... a woman screaming?Ryu was thrust from his calm into chaos. A gang of highwaymen were mugging and stealing from a man, pulling along a shipment of weapons. Determining their numbers, he was most likely returning from Castle Town. Ryu quickly counted and calculated his chance of success.Four men... two with swords, one a dagger, and the last a hammer... Three facing away, one turned to the side... My own weapon: a simple broadsword...Step One: kick back of far left's knee out, stab in back. Step Two: block middle left's swing, counter, trip, stab in chest. Step Three: duck hammer swing, drop kick, take out middle right, spin, take out grounded hammer man.Ryu snuck up behind them, watching as they loaded up all the remaining weapons into several large bags. He began to execute his plan, but he'd made a near-fatal mistake. In the middle of step four, as he turned to face middle right and 'take him out' a previously absent fifth highwayman came up behind him, sword in hand. Ryu heard a gasp and spun around, the fifth was standing there, arms raised, gripping his sword. All he had to do was swing, the end. Unfortunately, a sword was impaling him from behind. The man slumped off the sword, falling on the grounded fourth, revealing the man he had rescued, bloody sword in hand.Ryu kicked the hammer from the fourth's hand. After a sharp glare the man shoved his dead partner off and began running away, not looking back once."Thanks for that." The man said, nodding."Are you a blacksmith?" Ryu asked, looking at his pathetically dull sword."Yes, as a matter of fact," The man replied. "did you need something?""Well... I need a new sword. But I haven't got the money." Ryu sighed."Not to worry," the man chuckled. "I can get you one on the house." Ryu's mood brightened as he heard this. "After all that, you deserve a good sword."A while later, Ryu stood in the streets of Kakariko, staring up at 'Death Mountain', as they called it. Why name such a beautiful landmark after death? It didn't make any sense to Ryu. Shaking his head, he started towards the trail that would lead him to his destination, a shiny new broadsword strapped on his back.

Posted

Kira listened carefully as Levian spoke. Every detail, every word that she said was memorized and stored. She grabbed her bag, got up, and walked over when Levian motioned for her to come. "By re-equip, do you mean our own weapons or yours?" Her voice was low and serious, much different from usual.

Posted

((I'm guessing that TrueNinja was referring to Smithy in his post, and since I haven't made a character sheet for him yet, that could be why others are controlling him. So I'll post for him during the meantime as well, since Vincent can't really do much as it is...))

Levian listened to the girl when she spoke, and simply answered, "It depends on how we see your weapons. With Vincent, we changed his original arrows to fast soaring, penetrating arrows; ones that could penetrate some decent armor. With Ulia, we simply tempered with her sword a little, so what you and your friends will get may vary. But when I saw that you were only really equipped with a dagger, I might've thought you were one of those people said to be gone, but... either way, we got weapons from that tribe, as we found some hidden in the desert; quite a few of them in the Burial Grounds from the recent return of our sisters." She had walked out of sight of Ulia and Vincent by that time, knocking on the door next to the one she was at; Darius' and Saka's door.

------------------------------------------------

Smithy had just returned from Hyrule Castle Town from an errand, mainly because the one who was like his son was gone for a while with some friends while he worked on a weapon at home for him. He was done it, and it was hidden so not even bandits would be capable of stealing it, and even if they tried, they weren't equipped with the heat resistant gloves he made as well for his son, since it couldn't be carried without them or the other heat-resistant garments he made. His attention turned from his thoughts when he heard the stallion start to freak out, and saw a group of highwaymen, equipped with some decent sets of weaponry. The horse was backing up away from them, even though he could see that they were trying to take more of his weapons.

"Oi! You cannut take them! Honestly, you made a terrible mistake to-" He was cut off when a blade was pointed at his throat for a moment, and saw as a Hylian was sneaking up behind them, their weapon, dull as it was, drawn. Upon them attacking, the man's attention turned away from him, causing Smithy to reach into the cart for a decently crafted broadsword, and unsheathed it. Because he was a smith, he also knew how to use a weapon in case he should've been attacked. When he saw the fifth try to attack the lad that had helped him, Smithy's own blade had already struck through the highwayman, killing them instantly, and the battle was finished.

He thanked the Hylian who had helped him, and had asked him if he needed anything. When they told him that they needed a new weapon, he had already cleaned off the blade and had it in it's sheathe. It's blade hadn't lost it's edge from the fighting, and since it was used anyways, plus the fact that the man had helped him, he gave it to him. It seemed sharper, and a bit thicker than his other sword, but it was also lighter compared to most, for his weapons were made durably, and were also light for easy use.

Posted

Whwn Ryu finally arrived at his destination, it was a good ways into the day. Shocked a little, he took in his surroundings. Everything seemed exactly the same as before, only... There were absolutely no guards outside.Ryu figured they must be off somewhere else and tried to force it out of his mind. But it kept coming back. Forced into reality for the second time that day, Ryu realized all was not well. The gorons ALWAYS had at least a couple of guards outside.He looked around Death Mountain for a while, and after still finding nothing he decided to go inside. Without the aid of gorons this task proved to be much more difficult than expected. When he reached the entrance he was more than weary, he found himself shaking with the effort to stand. Realizing just how out of shape he currently was he resolved to come up with a sort  of training schedule. Then he smacked  himself for stupidity. <i>They have an elevator!</i> He thought, shaking his head.It took an extremely angry goron's voice to make him finally enter. Once inside, he found it much warmer, but also much noisier. A great deal of gorons were in the main room, and most looked quite angry. First one would shout, then two more, and four more, then the partriach would have his say and they'd all shut up for a bit. This repeated itself many times before he was noticed. An elder brought him over to the partriach, scolding the others for 'bickering so loud they never even noticed their guest...'Ryu bowed to the partriach, and when he came up he was smiling.&quot;It's been a while, hasn't it brother?&quot; The partriach grinned, but it was short lived. A hideous scowl formed. &quot;But this was not a very good time for visiting.&quot; Ryu's smile also faded. &quot;Why is everyone arguing?&quot; Ryu gestured to both sides of the room with his hands.&quot;My son is missing.&quot; The partriach replied.

((Bah. I hate the Wii typer. Most of my posts will be large blocks of text untiil i start posting from the computer again. Shhouldn't be too long.))