The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

Darius opened the door with a smile. "I suppose it is time for us to leave?" He appeared to be ready, and as clean as he could possibly be after being bound in a dirty cell for two days. His hair and face were a mess, along with his dirty and stained clothes. As much as Darius hated it and was disgusted by it, the excessive amount of heat in such a confined space and position caused him to sweat over the days. He would have to either get new clothes or spend a long time washing these.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ulia stepped outside her room and looked at Levian. "Thanks for looking out for me, or making sure I was equipped right or whatever, but I'm gonna have to get my sword tempered back to the way it was if it's possible. It's important to me that my family's sword stays the way it is."

((Sorry I haven't posted in so long... :( ))

Posted

((I just realized that I have four characters on the go; Vincent, Levian, Alicia, and of course, Smithy... and two of them don't have character sheets... yeah...))

Levian watched as the door opened up and Darius opened it, and heard him ask if it was just about time to leave. "Almost; Alicia had given me orders to make sure you and your friends are well equipped for the road ahead, and... according to your clothes, you could use some more, which unfortunately can't offer to you... And I'm certain that the Zora is starting to get a little dehydrated, no?" She spoke, and turned back to look back at Ulia when she spoke to her.

"It doesn't matter what you do; we only tempered it so you could handle the beasts that lived in the Burial Grounds far more easily. If it can be tempered back to normal, fly right back at it; just as long as you know a good enough smith who can do that, because our smith only improves weapons, and it cannot be returned back to it's original state in our care." She spoke, turning her attention back to Darius. "So anyways, if the Zora is dehydrated, there's a small oasis a short distance from here, so he could go there and get rehydrated. All of you are welcome to use it, but only when you're done being reequipped for you being sent to Kakariko."

----------------------------------------------

Smithy parked the cart just outside his shop in the small galley in between his smithery and Vincent's archery shop and target range. He knew that he'd expect Vincent to return today, mainly because he had managed to make a deal with the Gorons in exchange for a few of their enchanted rubies. It took him a while, but he managed to finish the blade, and had also prepared some garments that offered protection from the sword's radiated heat, woven by a unique fabric that he had in his possession since ever. He fed and watered the stallion before walking into his store, the expansion project still being worked on.

He walked over to where he kept Vincent's soon to be birthday sword, but before he did, he reached for the gloves made specifically to wield the sword and put them on. They were made to fit Vincent, but his and Smithy's hands were practically similar in size, so they fit him. Opening the heat-proof container, he looked inside and saw the blade in it's sheath; hardened heat-proof leather sheathe embedded with normal rubies. He grabbed the blade by the hilt, and slowly unsheathed it, when the full length of the blade was revieled, the full three foot long, single edged sword. Unlike the last time he showed Vincent's friends, three rubies were embedded in the blade, that, and the fact that the sword had a reddish, orange glow to it, as well as a heat wave emmitting from it.

Sweating from the blade's heat, Smithy didn't hesitate to sheathe the sword once again, having no desire to even test it now. Once it was hidden in it's hiding place, he took off the gloves and placed them with the rest of Vincent's new garb. It didn't look much different than what Vincent wore, the only difference was that it would allow him to walk inside a volcano without even breaking a sweat, just as long as he doesn't touch lava.

Posted

Darius felt foolish for letting Saka go this long without water. "Then we must reequip quickly." Darius was focused, no longer caring about his gritty clothes.

Ulia shook her head, hoping and praying that Smithy would be able to help her.

Posted

Levian nodded to what Darius said about the zora, and then said, "Well then, come with me, if you would... Just be warned that you may or may not get the same weapons and armor you came here with..." With that, she began to walk slowly in the direction of the armory, wondering if they would follow close behind her or not.

Alicia, however, was on the other side of the fortress at the time, standing on a lone rock overlooking the desert for any signs of disturbance. Both of her double-bladed scimitars were on her back, but she couldn't see anything that could lead to the group's danger. Still though, there was five of them, four out of five of them melee fighters, the lone one a ranged fighter, so she was certain they could handle themselves. She knew that they would have to return eventually to return the archer's emotions back to normal anyway, and by that time, the sword she desired to have would be hers, though it wouldn't replace her own weapon.

Posted

Darius shrugged. "I did not have anything too distinctive, I will accept whatever I am given. I am unsure of how the others will react, though. Thank you."

Ulia looked away and rolled her eyes. She wasn't giving up her sword, sure as hell wasn't taking some cheap as a replacement, either. But they're only wanna help..., she thought reassuringly.

Posted

Kira followed closely behind Levian. She want to be the first to know if her weapon had changed or if she wasn't getting the same one. All she wanted right now was a weapon, otherwise she felt naked without one.

Posted

Vincent just stood where he was as Levian took the three to the armory to suit them up, and he himself was prepared. He didn't say anything as he stepped out of the room, his bow in his hand and not on his shoulder like it was supposed to. "Vincent will go for a walk for a bit. Ulia is welcome to come with if she wants, but if not, Vincent will come back before the group will leave." He spoke, and the more he talked the way he did, more emotionless he sounded.

Once at the armory, Levian walked in with the three behind her, and some outfitters immediately went to work. For Darius, they thought he'd be best suited with one of their classic scimitars, and had paired that up with a smaller blade, roughly the same length as a short sword. For Saka, they gave him a pair of reverse-wield daggers, and also gave him something a bit extra; a spear of slight Zora design. For Kira, they found her a little dagger which was larger than her old blade, and had also dug into their private stash for some Shiekah weapons for her, which they weren't ever going to use anyways. They equipped her with some throwing needles and also a pre-coiled chain whip, though it's range wasn't as far as a regular whip.

Posted

It can't die yet! I just joined! >:C

Ryu agreed to help the Partriach, and set out from Death Mountain. The goron who had last seen the Partriach's son said he'd seen him heading for Eldin Bridge. After a very human dinner--Ryu wasn't fit for eating rocks, you see--he set out from Death Mountain.

He ran into a merchant goron coming in from the north. Ryu asked him if had any news of the Partriach's son, unfortunately he had none but was shocked when he heard. Ryu thanked him and went on his way.

He set up camp near a pile of rubble, it wasn't a very good camp, just a blanket, a pillow, and a fire, which was kept low to avoid attention. He ate some of his packed food the goron's had given him--dodongo meat--and fell asleep.

Ryu awoke to being roughly handled. When he opened his eyes he was surprised to see he was surrounded by bandits. In fact, they were from the same gang Ryu had taken out the day before.

"Time to teach you a lesson!" one of the larger men snarled. "I saw what you did to me mates! You can't get away with doin' somethin' like that and expect to get off clean!" He drew a sword, a quite large sword. It was almost twice as large as Ryu's, and just as well crafted. "A duel to the death! You, an' me! No interferances. I win, we get to torture you, and then leave you for the kargaroks. You win, we leave, and you can have the brat back." Ryu was fully yanked into consiousness by this. By 'the brat' was he referring to the Patriach's son?

The bandit who had been restraining Ryu shoved him on his face uncerimoniously and stepped back. The large bandit swung his sword, narrowling missing the rolling Ryu. He managed to get to his feet just in time to get thrown back on the ground by the large man. But this time he was prepared, he rolled with it, and drew his sword in the same instant. The large man snarled, swinging his sword horozontally. Ryu backstepped, and then lunged, missing his body by mere centimeters, he managed to slice through his sleeve. The man kicked at Ryu, but missed, leaving himself off balance and open to Ryu's counter kick. He hit the ground with a loud thump, hitting his head on the ground. Ryu went in for the finishing blow, but was tackled by another bandit.

"GET OFF HIM! HE'S MINE!" The large man bellowed, now on his feet.

For a while, they just stared at eachother, trying to predict the other's movements. Ryu tried hard to remember when his brother had once explained how to take out larger, stronger opponents. Obviously, speed would help, but Ryu was still groggy and uncoordinated being freshly awakened. He remembered something about the knees, and the hands... Ryu barely managed to avoid being cleaved in half, the big man had attacked while Ryu was unfocused and open. Ryu grunted with pain, but dared not look at his left arm, not yet.

Gritting his teeth with pain, Ryu ducked and doged, blocked and parried, trying to stay alive while searching for an opening. after his earlier, much to hasty attack which almost had him killed, the large man had decided to play it safe, and attack from a distance with his much longer sword. Ryu saw no flaw with his style, as it left him with few, split-second openings that Ryu wasn't quick enough to take advantage of. After almost being cleaved in half for a second time, Ryu had grown desperate, he threw himself at the larger man, kicking and punching, then trying to attack with his sword. the larger man easily dodged and blocked the lousy, unfocused strikes, and managed to ground Ryu.

"Now, you lose." The larger man grinned.

Think! Ryu! Now! Ryu took in a sharp, pained breath, then clutched at his chest. Broken ribs... perfect... The larger man continued grinning, as did the rest of the bandits. But not one made a sound, not one moved. Ryu didn't even think they was breathing. This is it... the final moment of my life... surrounded by bloodthirsty bandits, about to be tortured into death. How silly of an ending... No! This can't be it! I can still win! Focus... There are approximately 13 bandits, only one is my target. He's large, strong, and a greater fighter than I, but his style is too easily read. Even an injured fool could beat him. He swings once, diagnoly, then twice, both horozontal, then one vertical, kicks, and swings diagnol again. Repeats in reverse, repeat, repeat... The same, every time. This doesn't leave much of an opening, I'll just have to take him while Im down. First strike... kick to the side of his knee cap, should get him low enough to kick him in the face. Second strike, throat punch. Third strike, impaling of heart. And I hope to the godesses they keep their word after he's dead...

Time flashed back to normal, a few bandits laughed, and the large man was walking towards him. all the pain went back into his body too, Ryu gasped as it flushed through his brain. The large man took one more step forwards before raising his sword. Too close... Ryu's leg snapped out, catching him in the side of his knee cap. He fell onto his other knee, groaning, his sword fell as well. Ryu's twisted his body, kicking him hard in the cheek with his other foot. Using his sword arm, the uninjured one, he pushed himself up and used his hilt to bash him in the throat. The large man fell over backwards, gargling, grasping at his neck. Ryu hopped up and fell forwards, realizing his leg was broken as well. His sword fell short of the man's heart and caught him in the stomach. A sick gushing sound was heard as the blade sank easily into his body. The larger man writhed on the ground for a moment, then lay still. Ryu managed to get up on his good leg, using his sword to prop himself up. Panting, and almost blind with pain, he looked at the astonished faces of the others. A look of horror crossed one's face, and they all turned and ran. This was when Ryu felt the ground shaking.

Posted

((Turst me, I don't wanna see this die, either. I've got a lot planned, and I'm really excited for it all. It can't die here.))

"I would prefer a longsword over a scimitar," Darius clarified, "but I will not complain. Thank you." He strapped the scabbards around his waist and sheathed the blades.

"Hey, Darri," Ulia said, punching his shoulder lightly. "Wanna spar real quick? Without these blades?"

"Sure. I need to brush up on hand-to-hand, anyway."

THey walked out into an open area in the fortress, not wanting to take up the Gerudo's sparring ring. Darius had abandoned his now-ragged button shirt, and his gauntlets where thrown on the ground beside him. He instead wore a plain white short sleeve shirt, and they both wore protective wrappings for their hands.

"So, this is how you say sorry for slapping me, huh?" Darius teased.

"Damn right it is!" Ulia laughed back.

They both lunged. Darius swung, but Ulia sidestepped professionally, grabbing his wrist and twisting it into a headlock. To her surprise, he didn't bring his hands up to grab her arm. He pulled his head forward, and yanked it back, knocking her own head and elbowed her stomach to force her loose. Juking out of it unscathed, he began to circle.

"Nice one," Ulia called, wiping her face. "Try again."

He didn't. He kept circling. Ulia swung, but Darius caught it with his wrist, and countered with a hook to the gut while he held her right arm there. Again, Ulia proved to be the more agile. She had obviously predicted it, and dodged the hook like she had dodged Darius's earlier swing. She dropped her arm from his wrist, causing his to swing out, and used her free hand to punch him onto the ground.

"Touche," Darius admitted, standing back up.

"Dad taught me a lot. I'd like to spar with weapons, but there's too much risk involved, y'know?"

"Understandable, with real weapons or wooden."

"Either, way ain't over yet!" She said with a smile.

"Right!" He recovered, bringing back his stance and beginning to circle.

Posted

Vincent simply walked over to the sidelines and watched the two spar for a while, before getting up to walk towards the direction of the oasis. Just because he lost his emotions, doesn't mean he doesn't have his self-consciousness, and knew that for the past few days, he needed to at least wash up, but only briefly. Once at the oasis, he set his bow down next to the water's edge, and kneeled before the water. He lowered his upper body towards the water, and scooped up some water into his hands, before splashing it over his face, closing his eyes so no water gt in there. His ears were wide open, in case he was followed or if there was trouble within the area, yet nothing came to him, so he presumed that the area was safe.

---------------------------------

Alicia could see Vincent walk to the oasis from where she stood, and also saw the other two Hylians begin to spar with one another. 'Whatever happes, I will not be held responsible. Just as long as I get that weapon in my possession, the Gerudo will no longer have to pillage and steal from Hylian citizens...' She thought, bringing down the black scarf that she had covering her mouth and cheek area. On her cheeks were two scars that she received from a fight that she wasn't ready for when she was younger, and it was with some Hyrulian Knights, but not the more recent battle she had with them. She still remained strong in that fight, but had it not ben for her Gerudo sisters, she would've more than likely not've been here today, and that was why she had a little hatred towards anyone who serves under the Knights of Hyrule, yet this group didn't seem to work with them, or so it seemed.

Posted

Name: Seregolin, Sereg for short

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Thin, pale, and agile, with short white hair. He wears a long, black trench coat that conceals many hidden items, as well as a scale-mail shirt made out of a light, strong black metal called Galvorn. He also wears a black beret. He wears a black tunic and pants underneath the coat.

Weapons: Several daggers, a short sword, and an especially strong hunting knife that can slice through steel, all made out of a black metal that seems to absorb light.

Personality: Cold, detached, and logical. Prefers to expend as little energy as possible and enjoys traversing the rooftops.

Home: A small room in a small tavern in Castle Town.

Bio: Was raised training with weapons under a master Assassin, Acaelus Thorne. After he left him, he became an assasin as well. After a particularily disastrous contract in which he was almost killed, he decided to retire and make a living protecting people. Currently, he is out of a job and stealing to feed himself.

Sereg paced on the rooftop, hearing the sounds of Castle Town below him. He paused, flicking his stormy gray eyes over the roof. Nothing moved. He sprang into action. He sprinted to the edge of the roof and leapt into the night, feeling the wind stream past his face. After rolling and leaping to his feet, he was already running to the edge of the roof, this time leaping to grab the roof above him. After a process of climbing, he managed to make it to a spire of Hyrule Castle. He simply stood there, relishing the feeling of his height. After a moments pause, he sprang off the roof and leapt towards the ground, a faint smile appearing on his face. Landing heavily on a lower rooftop, he paused and listened. Something was amiss. Carefully walking, he watched for any movement, a vigilance rewarded when a mugger leapt out at him from an alley. Reacting instantle, he whipped out a dagger and plunged it into the man's heart. Fastidiously wiping it clean on the dead man's trousers, he slowly walked away.

Posted

((Okay, I think I've waited long enough to have been rehydrated))

After what might have been hours, days, or perhaps weeks, bubbles began to rise from the surface, first slowly, then a froth. Saka's head popped out of the water with a small splash. He yawned as though waking from a nap, and looked around. He saw Vincent by the edge, and started to head to him. "Hey, Vincent? How'd it go?" Also wondering to himself, he said, "I guess we must not have done anything that bad, since I don't remember any punishments..."

Posted

Ryu closed his eyes, fearing the worst. He turned slowly, held out his sword and opened his eyes. He almost fell down with shock when he realized the rumbling had been the Partriach himself.

"Where!? Where is my son!?" He grabbed Ryu by the shoulders and shook him, not hard, but plenty hard enough to make Ryu almost black out with pain.

"Their.... wagon..." He gasped, stuggling to stay conscious. He fell to one knee, sticking his sword in the ground to steady himself. He heard steel bending and cracking apart as the Partiach ripped the steel cage apart. Ryu never knew what happened afterwards, as he hit the ground unconsious.

He woke up for the second time that morning, but this time it was a much warmer welcome that he recieved.

"So you're finally awake." He heard a girl say. He tried to sit up, but a hand pushed him back down. He tried to figure out why he couldn't see, but soon realized he hadn't opened his eyes yet.

"You're in the Kakariko Infirmary." He heard a goron's voice. He looked to his left, and the girl pouring him some water, and then the right, where he saw the Partriach's assistant. "He had to carry you back, you were in such bad shape. Guess he didn't expect you to pass out so suddenly." The Goron chuckled. "We all feared you dead when we saw you, but the doctor, she's quite good."

"Drink this." The girl propped his head up and practically forced the strange tasting water down his throat. First it tasted like regular water, then it began to taste fruity, like oranges. After that it tasted absolutely vile. Ryu tried to spit it out, but the girl gently laid her had on his mouth. "It would be wiser to just swallow it, the taste goes away then."

But it was much harder than he realized. After a few gagging, throaty sounds, and a few more that sounded like he was puking, he managed to get it down. Gasping for breath, he asked, "What was that stuff?"

"Medicine," She answered. "Now, try not to move too much. I've mended your leg, cleaned your wounds, and bandaged you up, but you won't be fit to do much of anything until you've given the water some time to affect you. G'day." She took the pitcher and left, leaving him alone with the goron.

"How's the Partriach's son?" He managed.

"Just a bit bruised and hungry is all, after he's eaten some proper goron food he should be just fine." The old goron got up and started to walk away, but then stopped. "Oh, almost forgot." He turned and tossed Ryu's broadsword onto his bed. "It's been cleaned and polished, as well as tempered, goron style. Should be a bit lighter now, eh?" Chuckling, he left Ryu in peace.

Posted

Ryu closed his eyes, fearing the worst. He turned slowly, held out his sword and opened his eyes. He almost fell down with shock when he realized the rumbling had been the Partriach himself.

"Where!? Where is my son!?" He grabbed Ryu by the shoulders and shook him, not hard, but plenty hard enough to make Ryu almost black out with pain.

"Their.... wagon..." He gasped, stuggling to stay conscious. He fell to one knee, sticking his sword in the ground to steady himself. He heard steel bending and cracking apart as the Partiach ripped the steel cage apart. Ryu never knew what happened afterwards, as he hit the ground unconsious.

He woke up for the second time that morning, but this time it was a much warmer welcome that he recieved.

"So you're finally awake." He heard a girl say. He tried to sit up, but a hand pushed him back down. He tried to figure out why he couldn't see, but soon realized he hadn't opened his eyes yet.

"You're in the Kakariko Infirmary." He heard a goron's voice. He looked to his left, and the girl pouring him some water, and then the right, where he saw the Partriach's assistant. "He had to carry you back, you were in such bad shape. Guess he didn't expect you to pass out so suddenly." The Goron chuckled. "We all feared you dead when we saw you, but the doctor, she's quite good."

"Drink this." The girl propped his head up and practically forced the strange tasting water down his throat. First it tasted like regular water, then it began to taste fruity, like oranges. After that it tasted absolutely vile. Ryu tried to spit it out, but the girl gently laid her had on his mouth. "It would be wiser to just swallow it, the taste goes away then."

But it was much harder than he realized. After a few gagging, throaty sounds, and a few more that sounded like he was puking, he managed to get it down. Gasping for breath, he asked, "What was that stuff?"

"Medicine," She answered. "Now, try not to move too much. I've mended your leg, cleaned your wounds, and bandaged you up, but you won't be fit to do much of anything until you've given the water some time to affect you. G'day." She took the pitcher and left, leaving him alone with the goron.

"How's the Partriach's son?" He managed.

"Just a bit bruised and hungry is all, after he's eaten some proper goron food he should be just fine." The old goron got up and started to walk away, but then stopped. "Oh, almost forgot." He turned and tossed Ryu's broadsword onto his bed. "It's been cleaned and polished, as well as tempered, goron style. Should be a bit lighter now, eh?" Chuckling, he left Ryu in peace.

Posted

((Double Post!! Bad TrueNinja2! xDD Sorry, just had to do it... X3))

Vincent heard bubbling nearby, but he didn't react when Saka spoke to him, at least not right away. "Wasn't Saka there when... Vincent explained a bit of what had happened in the Burial Grounds? Yet, he doesn't blame him, just... Vincent is disappointed about losing his emotions, of couse, but to be at peace with Alicia and her Gerudo tribe comes first in his book. He doesn't wish to turn his back on them, knowing what they can do, especially when Vincent, Saka, Darius, Kira and Ulia are all within their grasp now. Vincent believes that... they should be left alone once they get their weapon, so they wouldn't cause harm to the citizens of Hyrule..." He spoke, his eyes still in a daze, and people would think his kind was elsewhere at the moment.

---------------------------------------------

Smithy had been at work, trying to keep his weapons in top notch shape, though he didn't have much to worry about Vincent's Flamberge, as he called the blade. Of course, it looked nothing like an actual flamberge, since it looked more like a single-edged saber enchanted with the element of fire. He had also heard that the boy who had helped him out yesterday had been brought back in by the Goron's Patriarch. "That boy's something, I must say... I think, though he might not be a friend of my own, but a friend to the Gorons, I should give him a little something as a little thanks for what he's done to this village... And I think I have an idea too..." He spoke, before putting down what he was doing now, and walked over to his material cabinet, pulling out thick, steel wire and some pre-made iron "scale" plates. He then began to coil the wire to have it set to make a chain mail shirt, and he would plate it up as well; a slightly enhanced version of Vincent's own plate shirt he normally wore under his shirt, and it was to be lighter as well.