The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

"You're right... Self-preservation is a powerful force." He walked out into the hallway. "We only escaped to get something for our friend, she needed something from her bag. I'll go back quietly."

Posted

Alicia listened to the Hylian when he decided just to give it up to his Zora friend, and Alicia entered with one other, making it her, the spear woman, and Levian in there. Once the Hylian showed himself with his hands raised, she kept her eyes open for the Zora, while Levian went over to the Hylian, and placed the bonds on his hands once more, this time keeping them there. Eventually, Alicia knew that he couldn't handle two at once, so she as well as the Gerudo spear woman who was with her went over to his spot, and seeing that he was basically disarmed, another set of bonds was placed on his hands as well.

"Don't take us so lightly; when one of us should fall, there will be a few more to come to her aid... poor girl, she was about to be ranked a bit higer than she already was..." Alicia spoke, her eyes showing some sympathy for the fallen Gerudo. Once they were bonded, and with Alicia carrying Kira, they returned them to their cell, and locked them in. But because she was nice, Alicia didn't want her battalion to get sick as well. "Levian, get the bag that you took off that girl..." She commanded, and Levian immediately rushed to the armory, returning a little later with the girl's bag. When she should come to, Levian would give her the medicine, and Alicia had set up a few more Gerudo warriors in case they would try another escape plan, before leaving.

She stopped at the doorway, however, saying, "Your punishments will be decided only when your friends will return, but if they don't... consider this as your punishment for trying to take on a gutsy, but also rather stupid move..." Her eyes looked at them, the dark glint in them returning for a brief moment, before she left the dungeon, leaving the three Gerudos; two spear women and Levian, to watch after the prisoners. Levian was smart enough to know if they were to do something, and besides, they were all restrained from doing anything anyways, so she sheathed her blades on her waist, and watched them from the side, waiting for the girl to awaken so she can be given the medicine. "Only when she awakes will I give her the medicine, mainly because I don't know which one of these she has to take..." Levian spoke, and a voice just a little higher than Alicia's, but was different nonetheless.

------------------------------------

Vincent listened to her and watched as her sword was unsheathed, and even in the temple, it seemed to give off a very dim light, but it could be from the moon shining in. But as they went deeper, they saw lit torches, looking as though they had been lit for ages, though Vincent probably knew why. Once they reached to the first room, he saw two sink holes, as well as quicksand covering most of the area. There was limited space for him and Ulia to be able to get across the sand without the other's life to be endangered.

He kept his eyes open, and before he could react quick enough, something leapt at him from the sand, which forced him to knock it onto solid ground with his bow, it's teeth damaging it slightly. He watched as the wurm-like creature wriggled around, looking like a fish that's out of water, which Vincent had to admit, was a bit sad, even though it would've probably had taken his head if he hadn't react as quickly as he did.

Posted

Ulia brought her blade down on the creature hard and fast, cleaving it in half. "Sad, I know, but I couldn't let that thing get back in the sand." Ulia looked at the sinkhole and took a step back, realizing that another one could jump out. "So, why'd you pick me for this, anyway? You probably should've picked Darri, he's probably gotten impatient and gotten the others killed by now."

Oh, wait...

She remembered the last job, her first job. When she ran into the forest ahead of everyone else because of her impatience.

"Okay. I see why you picked me, now." She scratched the back of her head. "Yeah, I think I would've gotten everyone in the dungeon killed a lot faster than him."

--------------------------------------------------

"Well this sucks," Darius commented.

Posted

Vincent saw as she cleaved the wurm in half, killing it instantly which caused it to stop moving. He listened to her when she told him that the possible reason why he brought her along, and knew that was only half the reason. "It was either you, or Kira mainly... But if I remember correctly, Kira wasn't in good enough shape to be able to go anywhere, so I chose you. But knowing Darius, and Alicia from what I've seen from her, she'd be too much for him to handle even with his equipment, even with Saka's aid if they had escaped. And, if you were to have stayed and I had taken Darius... You probably would've been in another life or death situation like you were in back at the cave if you escaped." He spoke, looking around until he saw solid ground in what seemed like a stepping stone pattern.

"Anyways, let's keep going, I see a way we can go, but you should go first; I'll take out any more of those before they will even get to you, I promise..." He spoke, holding out a free hand for her to show that he was being honest. If she was to use her sword on those, chances were fairly good that she'd fall into the quicksand, and Darius would be literally furious if he found out about that.

Posted (edited)

"Right," she responded, getting to it. "I'll just edge along here..." She sidled along the narrow walkway that was offered, her toes sticking out over the sand as her back clung to the wall. She had to trust Vincent. If one of those things jumped at her, she wouldn't be able to use her sword, or it'd cost her her life.

Halfway there... "Shit!" she yelled as one of those creatures leapt from the sand.

((Yay, Ulia time! Personally, I like Ulia more as a character, her personality and speech reflect my own more than Darius, even though Darius looks like me and is a guy. I like playing as her, though, 'cause she's just a really cool person to be. :D ))

((Sorry if I took awhile to reply, I was watching Robot Chicken with my Dad.))

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Vincent had his bow pointed at the sand as she made her way to cross, and once he saw the creature leap up out of the sand at her, he immidiately released the string, the arrow soaring at its target. Actually, the arrow had enough propulsion to keep going, and had pinned it right to the nearby wall, killing it immediately. He had to keep his word to Ulia no matter what, and it was then he noticed that his bow was damaged, but he didn't have time to pay attention to that. "Keep going, Ulia... You're doing fine..." He spoke, placing another arrow on the string, and took aim at the pit again, in case he had to launch another arrow, unaware that he kicked one of the halves of the creature into the sand, and the wurms were now focused on that for a moment.

Posted

"Thanks!" She kept going, and leapt to safety once she was close enough. Another leapt out at her, too close to her to get a shot on. She caught it right in front of her face, and fell to the ground with it. She pinned it down, punched it, held it, stood up, and stomped it. "Sorry!" she yelled, scratching the back of her head with an embarrased smile. "So, how are you gonna get across? Same way? I won't be able to cover you like you did for me..."

Posted

Vincent saw as she made it over to the side safely, and with his bow still drawn, he knew that he had to make it over the same way. It would be the same thing for him; if he lost his balance from using his bow, he'd be a goner. But when he looked over near the platform where Ulia was at, he saw a few used arrows lying near her feet, and that's when he got an idea. He took his bow and tossed it over to her; the platform being close enough for it to land near her feet.

"Perhaps you could do the same thing, but first... maybe a few practice shots would be arranged. There's arrows near you, about ten I think, so you should have three practice shots to make sure you still have a grasp on it." He spoke, wanting her to be able to shoot without hitting him. "I trust you with my bow, okay?" He added, knowing that he couldn't do anything to be there to help her in their current positions.

Posted

"Oh shit..." she whispered to herself, remembering her poor archery display back in Ordon. "Ummm... Okay..." She picked up the bow, picked up an arrow. She tried a few shots on a crack between bricks in a wall, and they were decent. Two barely missed their mark, which was the center of the crack. One hit it. From across the room, she was fairly pleased with it. "Alright, go! I'll cover you." She readied her bow and arrow.

I can talk like I know what I'm doing, sure. Dammit...

Posted

Vincent gave her a moment to try her best to get her so she was able to execute the use of the bow properly. To be honest, he was slightly nervous about her using his bow, but he trusted her either way. When he heard her say that he should go, that's what he did, being careful with his footing as he made his way across. "Makes me wish I had another weapon at my disposal; if the Gerudos gave me a sword as well, I might've done this without much worry..." He muttered to himself, being careful.

Posted (edited)

"Wait, they didn't give you one?" She looked and saw that no sword was at his side or on his back. "Wow, really?"

What is this to them, a game?

She focused, holding the bow straight, watching the sand.

((Last post for tonight, y'all. I'm just tired, sorry to leave you hanging. G'night. Zzz ))

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Kira awoke, sitting up and her back cracking as she did. She coughed a little, then looked around, the world a bit fuzzy to her. Noticing where she was again, she nodded to Darius. "I'm guessing you didn't get my bag..." Her voice was hoarse, and it cracked slightly.

Posted

Levian watched as the girl stirred a bit, before eventually seeing her sit up. When she heard her ask hat the boy had failed to get her bag, she couldn't help but shake her head. "Your bag is right here, missy... And from what I saw, you weren't doing too well... If we were told that the medicine you needed was in your bag, we could've helpped you ot, but... from what I heard, the other two used your sickness to try and break out. Just tell me what medicine you need, and I'll give it to you..." She spoke, her voice sounding a bit more caring compared to most Gerudos. Basically, Levian was the only one who wouldn't actually kill someone unless Alicia ordered her to, who she could never disobey.

---------------------------------------------------

Vincent knew that it wasn't fair that he didn't have a melee weapon to fight with, making him more vulnerable to melee attacks. But all Alicia seemed to need out of him was his skills in archery. And if he remembered correctly, they eft his sword in the desert somewhere, back at the cave most likely. "Yes, of course they did, but all they wanted from me was my skills with a bow, and nothing more besides one of my friends. Perhaps they wanted me to keep on using a bow, and heck, I have no complaints about going swordless-" He was cut off when he was only three quarters of the way there, and a wurm leapt from the sand at him.

Posted

Ulia's arrow caught the wurm on it's back end, making it spin in the air as it fell back into the sand. "Hooray," Ulia cheered sarcastically, ashamed of her poor skills.

Posted

When he saw the arrow soar from the bow and hit the wurm a bit, he was glad that it as at least off of him for now. He kept focused and, eventully, he made it to where Ulia was now. He stood next to her, and said, "Thank you, Ulia... and don't worry about it; we made it this far already, and I'm sure there's less sand that we'll have to deal with for the remainder of the temple..." He spoke, noticing the doorway ahead of them. "Can I have my bow back now?" He asked, scratching the back of his head because he was now currently unarmed.