Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I was talking to Cascade the other day and he put on lingerie. I went against it and he looked at me with these cute wide eyes and with a sexy voice said, "Please I haven't worn it in forever." So I told him fine. I really am a bitch.

Posted

I'll be gone for the rest of today and most of tomorrow. My friend is staying the night tonight after the Halloween party tonight and he'll stay all tomorrow until the football game. So yeah. See ya when I see ya.

Posted

Why are you just now having a Halloween party?

Posted

Oh gosh it's Bonfire Night today... :<<<< Fireworks are cool, but they get annoying after 5 hours of them

also why do we celebrate a failed terrorist plot? it's pretty strange lol :S

Posted

Oh right, I used to have a friend in runescape who celebrated fireworks day in england. He was a pretty cool guy. I miss him.

Posted

Oh gosh it's Bonfire Night today... :<<<< Fireworks are cool, but they get annoying after 5 hours of them

also why do we celebrate a failed terrorist plot? it's pretty strange lol :S

because it failed? o:

Posted

^ Any excuse to set stuff on fire, I expect. The only November 'holiday' we get in Canada is Remembrance Day, and it's solemn as shit. Important, though.

I do like handmade ornaments, but I did just de-junkify with a bunch of them (mostly worn-out ones of the popsicle stick variety). I've been going through my stuff in storage at Dad's place since he's moving. This will be my first Christmas where the only tree I'm helping to put up is my own, so I've not clue what my ornament-to-tree ratio will be.

Posted

Oh gosh it's Bonfire Night today...

It's night today?

Posted

Oh man, you guys need to get in on Thanksgiving. One of the best part of Thanksgiving is leftover soup. You put all the turkey you didn't eat into a pot and boil it, and its delicious as puppy.

Posted

Actually, Canada does have Thanksgiving. Most of the time though, it's in October. Different date from the US.

Posted

Why is it in October? What does Canada do differently?

Posted

Haha I guess "Bonfire Night today" does sound a bit mental, but I didn't want to type "Bonfire Night tonight" since it's like, Department of Redundancy Department :>

Sparklers are adorable :>

Posted

Yeah, I guess fireworks are enjoyable. They're not really my thing to be honest.

Posted

I think it's because the origins are a little different. We celebrate  it pretty much the same way as the US, but I think it started out more as a homecoming for some dude looking for the Northwest Passage, and somewhere along the line it became a harvest celebration. Apparently the reason it's held earlier in Canada than the US is to avoid conflict with Remembrance Day.

Also, yay, I just beat Within a Deep Forest. Fun game, but man, did it make me cuss.

Posted

Within a Deep Forest is dumb. You should play Knytt or Knytt Stories.