Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

That's why I don't have a 360. I keep hearing horror stories about them destroying discs and stuff, and friends being on their fourth one in less than a year. Until that stuff gets fixed I'm sticking with my Wii and PS3.

I'm having fun with my 3DS, but just like my DS Lite I can't seem to get the wifi working in my area.

Posted

I'm not a 360 fanboy and I never will be. I only wanted one because I want Sonic 06 and that's not being a Sonic fanboy either because I just wanted to play a Sonic game that isn't SA2B or Shadow the Hedgehog. And I didn't just look at photos. I also read articles on it.

Also that just means that both systems are flawed, but at least 360 has better games right now.

Posted

I've not yet had any issues with my 360. No eating disks, no RRoD, no laser-etching disks (it happened to my friend), nothing like that. It's all worked great.

Also, last night I got a letter from the college I'm gonna go to. Since I'm a National Merit Finalist receiving major four-year scholarships, I get the opportunity to apply for an International Leadership Seminar in Italy this Summer. It's pretty interesting sounding. 16 days in Italy, with it only costing me $3,500 for everything (transportation, housing, food, etc) and the school absorbing the rest of the cost.

Posted

Colleges have so much cool stuff like that for people who put in the effort. I just got back from a $250 trip to New York City with my choir (pictures later if you guys want them).

By the way, it's great to be posting consistently on here again. :D

Posted

Nice, shadowknight. It's always great getting those kinds of opportunities. And Knuckle, you lucky bastard. Which parts do you sing in choir? The choirs I've been in are always lacking guys.

Posted

So my friend's aunt is throwing her out for good. And tomorrow she will be moving into my basement until she either finds an apartment or goes off to the military.

Just thought that was worth noting.

Posted

So I got Fable II out my 360 so it's all good right? Well no the f***ing game is scratched and the f***ing thing can't read it. So now I have to take $15 out of my $20 to give to my friend to replace the damn game and I'm so f***ing pissed off about it. Now not do I have $5 left I'm stuck with Modern f***ing Warfare 2 which I'd rather die than play that. I was actually enjoy Fable II very much now I feel as if I never want to play another Fable game again.

Posted

That's depressing YLA. i'm sorry D:

Posted

So like, YLA. I think you should read Kaffles' post and then like, calm the puppy down.

Posted

Eh, whatever. I'm just blowing off steam. I mean as I said my friends Xbox fell off of a shelf on to the floor with the game going and it still works.

Posted

And Knuckle, you lucky bastard. Which parts do you sing in choir? The choirs I've been in are always lacking guys.

Haha, somebody's jealous. :D

I sing bass 2 with two other guys, and the entire men's section is about 15 people in a 100-ish person choir. So yeah, we're proportionally screwed.

Posted

That sucks, YLA. I kill cartridges every now and then, and it makes me sad every time.

Sounds about right, Knuckle. We were lucky to have 4 guys in our community choir, compared to twenty-odd girls. It was a little more even in the University choir, which was good because you need the men if you're doing Carmina Burana.

What were you performing in New York?

Posted

the entire men's section is about 15 people in a 100-ish person choir. So yeah, we're proportionally screwed.

Screwed? That sounds like a score if I ever heard one.

Posted

Downloading a Paper Mario TTTYD ISO, and then Wind Waker to play on my new Dolphin emulator :D

Don't worry, I own both ;)

Posted

It's still illegal.

But at least you own the games.