Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

pheo always plays alone

Posted

I had no one to play it with :(

Posted

tiggles is my cute wee name for t1g gosh ):

also NEW AVATAR isn't it berry pretty? <3 thanks pheo for actually doing the work for me lol.

Posted

I liked Sabrina better but this avatar is nice too I suppose.

Teto likes this

Posted

same as phanta but a little more enthusiastic about the new one

sort of!

Posted

I was just glad she chose a good picture. Usually she chooses DUMB pictures. This one was good. it set an atmosphere and was well done and everything.

Posted

I am still never a fan of gigantic eyes when you see them from the side like that, whatever the style or quality of the artwork. Never looks good.

Posted

I wasn't looking at the style so much, that's not necessarily something they could change and still achieve the same effect. It's not about whether i like the style of MLP or not, though that's not to say the artist couldn't have played with her shape and all, but there's not much point in discussing how that would affect anything differently. This guy knew to use cool colours on the walls with the warm colours being reflected from the surface of the table, which I'm probably explaining poorly in an attempt to disclose why the room looks cold. There's a picture of a master painting with tutorial texts explaining the way the artist had the light hit a wall during a painting set at dusk that would explain it pretty well but I can't find it anywhere. And he did a bang up job with the texture of the table itself, and a bunch of other things I'm not going to start going into because I have things to do today.

Here's the painting, by the way.

pH1LW.jpg

And now I'm left questioning myself as to why I just wrote a small paragraph about fan art like this.

I think I should reiterate what I said about fan art. Fan art is fine. I don't blame people for wanting to do it, and I don't see anything wrong with wanting to do a tribute to something that really inspired you. It's the people who only draw fan art that bother me. People that rely on in-jokes and memes and the fandoms they're pandering to, that's where my whole statement about a "waste of creativity" comes in. Those are the people who would always benefit from doing their own stuff instead. What bothers me more is when people say "They'd post more of their original stuff on the internet, but they're not sure if anyone on deviantart would like to see it." Sometimes I see artists I really respect fall into fan art ruts and say stuff like that, and it always makes me sad.

Posted

So basically you don't like sell-outs, pheo?

Posted

Well that's a pretty generalized way of looking at it but yeah, I don't like sell outs.

Also,

Titles_for_IDs_are_hard_by_Kaffles.png

Posted

Also yeah, saying again, don't doubt the quality of their work and the skill required. I just don't like the style I guess. And the fact that it's all so coloured so well makes it look a little worse, to me. Realism levels of the style and the quality are to contrasted.

Simple style should go with simply drawn, to me. Realistic lighting and colours don't fit well with simple stuff. Although I think that

If you can get that. I'm still not very good at finding the words to explain what I mean, but I hope that gets it across.

Posted

No man, I totally get what you're saying. We're venturing into that grey area where stuff like this is just decided on by opinion. But you make a good point and I understand entirely. It's not for everyone.

Posted

Maybe graphs can help me out

YdsCk.png

Although there are always some exceptions with how they blend it.

BUT I DON'T KNOW

blue and red lines are for styles

Posted

I SEE YOU LURKING LINOX

YOU DONT POST ENOUGH

Posted

. It's the people who only draw fan art that bother me.

I like this sentence.