Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder how many kinds of fedoras TF2 has.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Did you guys realise that the differences between square numbers are just odd numbers? So if you want to recite square numbers all you have to do is add the next odd number.

1x1 = 1

2x2 = 4

3x3 = 9

4x4 = 16

5x5 = 25

6x6 = 36

7x7 = 49

8x8 = 64

9x9 = 81

10x10 = 100

1+3 = 4

4+5 = 9

9+7 = 16

16+9 = 25

25+11 = 36

36+13 = 49

49+15 = 64

64+17 = 81

81+19 = 100

and I assume it goes on in that fashion until the end of time

so thinking of it that way it's super simple to just count them up

never noticed that pattern before, am I late

Posted

I have a calculator so no thanks

Cascade likes this

Posted

you'll thank me when this saves your life one day

math is magic

dark magic

Posted

Um excuse me I'm a Wizard of the Light. I don't need none of your dark magic. I'll cast fire ball and frost bite on your ass any day of the week. Magic Missile, beotch.

Posted

I multiply the speed of your magic missile by negative 5 so that it shoots 5 times as fast in the opposite direction!

Posted

I construct a wall by using alchemy on the ground to transmute the dirt and shit into a wall! You both sit in time-out for an hour and a half.

Posted

Did you guys realise that the differences between square numbers are just odd numbers? So if you want to recite square numbers all you have to do is add the next odd number.

1x1 = 1

2x2 = 4

3x3 = 9

4x4 = 16

5x5 = 25

6x6 = 36

7x7 = 49

8x8 = 64

9x9 = 81

10x10 = 100

1+3 = 4

4+5 = 9

9+7 = 16

16+9 = 25

25+11 = 36

36+13 = 49

49+15 = 64

64+17 = 81

81+19 = 100

Actually, if you'll notice, the difference between each consecutive square is the sum of their roots.

So, 4 x 4 = 16, 5 x 5 = 25, and 25 - 16 = 9, which is 5 + 4.

And, 25 x 25 = 625, 24 x 24 = 576, and because I know this pattern, I can tell you the difference between 625 and 576 is 49, which is naturally 25 + 24. It does that all the way up. I figured this out on my own in high school and showed it to my teacher who thought it was unremarkable, and a few years later my math TA showed it to us in my stats class, so I just decided it was common math trivia. Like how you can make a whistle out of blades of grass.

So yes, Teto, you are late to the party, and you're slow and a dimwit and that college education won't be getting you anywhere you oaf.

Posted

Remember how I said I was gonna post the short animations we watch in my animation class? Here's a few from this morning, both are really good and the first is a new personal favorite:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80558475/

Anyways that second one is supposed to be a political commentary on the Bush administration's approach to foreign policy. Which is funny because it's canadian.

(I have no idea if ebaumsworld embeds but it's not on youtube)

Posted (edited)

1x1 = 1

2x2 = 4

3x3 = 9

4x4 = 16

5x5 = 25

6x6 = 36

7x7 = 49

8x8 = 64

9x9 = 81

10x10 = 100

1+3 = 4

4+5 = 9

9+7 = 16

16+9 = 25

25+11 = 36

36+13 = 49

49+15 = 64

64+17 = 81

81+19 = 100

I used to use this in highschool when I needed the next square to check what the next square root was. o:

Edited by Roc (see edit history)

Posted

TIP of the month, if you paste an imgur gallery link it will auto embed the gallery into the post, thought I might switch it to bbcode. We'll see how it goes.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

So my friend wants me to save up for college, which I want to, but she's making me cut back on buying things. Such as video games, which is understandable, but also food. If I want to eat, I have to cook it at home or eat what I have already made at home. No going out and buying food. >_<

Posted

I was looking through what posts I have liked and noticed:

B8Y9BwN.png

So my friend wants me to save up for college, which I want to, but she's making me cut back on buying things. Such as video games, which is understandable, but also food. If I want to eat, I have to cook it at home or eat what I have already made at home. No going out and buying food. >_<

Not eating out is probably one of the biggest and easiest ways to save money.

Posted

That is true, but I still can't cook very well. Though I guess I'll face the fact and just go with not eating out. Especially since the only place I went is Subway and they aren't $5 anymore.