Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

woah

last night i dreamed that the mars volta came to a house party i hosted. it was a weird dream

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Is this why I woke up this morning to nine new texts, about half of which came from a number I didn't have in my phone telling me I was a good friend

woah

last night i dreamed that the mars volta came to a house party i hosted. it was a weird dream

It had to have been a dream, because apparently they broke up ;-;

Posted

Is this why I woke up this morning to nine new texts, about half of which came from a number I didn't have in my phone telling me I was a good friend

I'm surprised you could even read my texts.

I accidentally called nick and he just said i was laughing and babbling incoherently.

Posted

I thought that tappy was the "robot." I think he just changed his name to that for some reason.

oh guess not

Posted

the robot is actually Gingerlink

(does anyone even know what he's up to these days)

Posted

the robot is actually Gingerlink

(does anyone even know what he's up to these days)

didnt he go off to study maths and be really successful 

Posted

probably

Posted

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me too much. I feel like most people here are fairly intelligent, though they seem to fall into a few different categories. The people who are both motivated and good in a classroom environment, the people who are motivated but not so good in a classroom, and the people who aren't motivated. Honestly, I can't think of anyone here who falls into that last category, at least not as far as I can tell, but several people seem to fall into the second. I suspect I'm somewhere between the first two, depending on the subject we're talking about. For example, I love both Literature and Physics, and I've spent a lot of time studying both, but while I have straight A's in my Literature classes I also have a B and a C in my Physics classes. Not for lack of studying, but simply because I'm not as good at the application as the theory when it comes to that sort of thing.

That was quite a tangent...sorry. I'm procrastinating on papers, and I needed an outlet.

Posted

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me too much. I feel like most people here are fairly intelligent, though they seem to fall into a few different categories. The people who are both motivated and good in a classroom environment, the people who are motivated but not so good in a classroom, and the people who aren't motivated. Honestly, I can't think of anyone here who falls into that last category, at least not as far as I can tell, but several people seem to fall into the second. I suspect I'm somewhere between the first two, depending on the subject we're talking about. For example, I love both Literature and Physics, and I've spent a lot of time studying both, but while I have straight A's in my Literature classes I also have a B and a C in my Physics classes. Not for lack of studying, but simply because I'm not as good at the application as the theory when it comes to that sort of thing.

That was quite a tangent...sorry. I'm procrastinating on papers, and I needed an outlet.

I know what you mean. I can have a 100% secure understanding of the physics syllabus, but if an "explain" question comes up, I'll lose all but a few marks for that question. It's extremely frustrating, as I have 0 problems with the abstract concept, and applying it to problems, but have trouble verbalizing it.

(also im procrastinating too gonna go do that now)

Posted (edited)

Hello, friends!

Welcome to me!

Edited by Cheez (see edit history)

Posted

Hello, friends!

Welcome to me!

hi hi hi

Posted (edited)

Huh, where did my black name with plus go to 

What happened to that name system

and where is my +veteran in that case