Rawr

252 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright jtrk, I'm going to recommend a song by the Gorillaz to you. But first, I want to know what your impression of the Gorillaz is.

Posted

Regardless, though. I mean, I'm an Atheist. But I still think Jesus was a pretty cool guy.

Have you ever read a fiction book and felt hatred or some other emotion for the characters? It's like that. Despite how real the characters actually are, they reflect real human qualities and you react to their character.

Jesus is like a summary of every good human quality, but I feel like it's implausible for someone to really be that awesome. I know that he's inhuman and really the son of God, but still.

If I believed in Jesus, I wouldn't have a religion. I wouldn't be a Christian or a Catholic. I would just believe in Jesus.

Those are really good points. I have felt like that when I read stories, and especially Hero by Perry Moore. Thom seems like God.

I admire how you defended yourself, but I still hate him.

Have you ever read a book and hated a character? That's how I feel towards him. Nothing is perfect.

Alright jtrk, I'm going to recommend a song by the Gorillaz to you. But first, I want to know what your impression of the Gorillaz is.

I like the Gorrilaz. Originally, I listened to them because the singer is from the band Blur.

Posted

I admire how you defended yourself, but I still hate him.

Well, if you're going to go hating someone after you admit you love the points someone made against your argument, you're going to need to provide your own argument against him, or else people like gelp and eventually myself will call bullshit on you.

Okay, let me pick up a link, here:

Posted

Tales from Odessy or whatever? My parents used to tune to that almost every day.

I don't think so. It was probably on the American Public Media station or PRI or whatever. It was while I was in the car with my dad at like 9 pm or something.

Posted

Well, if you're going to go hating someone after you admit you love the points someone made against your argument, you're going to need to provide your own argument against him, or else people like gelp and eventually myself will call bullshit on you.

Okay, let me pick up a link, here:

Okay. Here are my points:

Nothing is perfect. Sure he's the son of God, but what if God doesn't exist (Which I believe)? How can he be so perfect then?

Everything about Jesus is most likely fake because someone no one knows about put the Bible together. They could have been insane and could have made it all up. It's too late to prove that the were right or wrong.

Why do you think they put the graveyard up? Jesus is supposed to return to Earth in that gate, but, as he is a Jew, he wouldn't be able to come back. No matter what reason they put up to the masses, they did it s that it would harbor the mystery in. Is Jesus real or fake? Will he ever come back?

It's almost as if they did it so they couldn't be proved wrong.

Some of these are hard to comprehend, but they're my points.

I love the song, by the way.

Posted

You'd be Christian, you idiot.

Not really. Believing and Jesus and being a part of a religion are two different things, at least to me.

With religion it's like, "Alright. You need to go and convert people, and do good works to get in to heaven, and go to church every Sunday, and wear nice clothes, and wash hobos."

But you don't need guidelines or a set of rules to tell you how to worship your own God. You can do it from your own home, you don't have to go to a Church to worship your own personal God. You don't have to tell every person you see about God (but I suppose if you find it to be really awesome and life-changing, go right ahead and spread the word). You don't need to make a conscious effort to convert all of your friends (see last set of parenthesis).

I used to be Catholic, I didn't really like it at all. So many rules and guidelines and "You must do these or else"s.

Posted

Probably because they just went over all of our heads. It's not because they're retarded, no.

Fantastic Panda Deluxe and jtrk are going to be the reason I leave. Maybe not them, but the fact that they're tolerated here.

Thank God you're leaving. Please hurry up he process.

Posted

Fantastic Panda Deluxe and jtrk are going to be the reason I leave. Maybe not them, but the fact that they're tolerated here.

Cool story bro, tell it again.

Probably because they just went over all of our heads.

I thought of pants flying over people's heads. And I don't know why.

Posted

boohoo

Posted

Cool story bro, tell it again.

I thought of pants flying over people's heads. And I don't know why.

Pants!

Random song!

Posted

jtrk,

MORE MUSIC MORE MUSIC

Posted

wait arent eels like a beck clone

Very similar bands. I guess the difference to me is that Eels are way better.

Teto,

jtrk knows my name is Teto

The jig is up

Posted

No, she's legit. Unless Golden Heart-Silver Soul is faking being her. But that would be stupid.

Their IP addresses are the same.

Posted

I also doubt GHSS would be able to fake this this I mean.

Also anyway @those links, first one is alright, the second is meh. It's general emo rock. I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU I CAN'T blah blah blah

Nope not a fan of that kind of thing.