Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Talking to t1g offline is actually worse.

Whenever you watch anime with t1g he cracks inside jokes at everything going on, time and time again, regardless of anything. And he also insists on watching his anime above all else. It took me forever to show saha and t1g berserk because t1g kept insisting on marathoning some anime he and saha were supposed to see and then only watching two or three episodes of berserk.

Posted

What about talking to people offline

It's better than talking to people online.

Posted

It's better than talking to people online.

Ok thats something.

Also pheo we usually would have like an episode of space bros to watch or something like that whenever you wanted to watch berserk. So it becomes a matter of getting the single episode or two out of the way before watching several of berserk. And then before we can watch those single episodes you would go to bed because you didn't want to wait

Posted

You're as bad as each other.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

btw teto how is the stuff you are watching from this season

Posted

Also pheo we usually would have like an episode of space bros to watch or something like that whenever you wanted to watch berserk. So it becomes a matter of getting the single episode or two out of the way before watching several of berserk. And then before we can watch those single episodes you would go to bed because you didn't want to wait

Not true at all. There was never a "single episode" of some anime you would put in front of berserk. I remember one time you watched your episode of space bros and then put another three episodes of some tripe after it before we did one episode of berserk. I can even remember one time Saha specifically came to our house to watch berserk and that ended up not happening because you decided some entire anime should be put in front of it. Berserk took a month for you two to finish because you would rather watch the anime you wanted to watch. It was never even "Okay we'll watch berserk, but first we're gonna watch an episode of this," but "No. We're doing a few episodes of my show first, then we'll do your show later," and every time you finished an episode you'd just get started on another. And even then when we watched it all you could say for every episode was "Wow no wonder you like this so much, everything is so brown," etc. It was never a funny nor an accurate joke to begin with. You are an awful person to watch or share anime with.

Posted

Have you seen the new OVA yet pheo?

Posted

I saw the movie that came out in march, I have not seen the movie that came out in june. If it was released in torrents with subs yet I didn't know about it, but I've been waiting for that to happen because I'm eager to see what the battle for doldrey will be like. I read somewhere they've made plans to turn the entire series into movies pending the success of the first three, which is exciting. This of course means less new berserk material, though, and I only know for certain that if the first three do well enough then they're gonna try and do the black swordsman arc, but I don't know if that actually means they're going to also do the retribution arc too.

Posted

You are an awful person to watch or share anime with.

i can think of an entire club that disagrees with you

Posted

I'm on episode 16 of Berserk

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Pretty much what Teto said, about Tatami Galaxy. Like, it's blunt for a reason. If I may make a bold statement, all that stuff is says is just basic exposition fired rapid-paced so it can cut the fat and get to the actual plot. Does it advance the story to take five episodes to explain the setting, characters, tone, and plot? In other series, yes, but Tatami Galaxy boldly proclaims that those things can be said in a few sentences, and they're important yeah, but there is much more at work here, and you need to see that in order to truly connect and understand the story and its characters. It really is a show filled with intense contemplation and emotion, and it's one of the few series I can confidently say will make you a better person for watching. One of the few things that handle characters, setting, atmosphere, and concepts like maturity and handles them in a way that is so streamlined and packed with content that it's amazing that the series could manage what it did in 11 episodes. I never get tired of watching it and its characters, and getting entranced by its atmosphere.

And T1g yeah you pretty aggressively monopolize time we have been over this

Posted

Oh and also T1g you do stuff like say we're going to watch anime on a certain time and then I spend all day waiting and then I decide to do other stuff and THAT'S when you come on and say we're watching it I mean come on

Posted

btw teto how is the stuff you are watching from this season

Jintai > Kokoro Connect = Binbougami ga! > Sword Art Online

Jintai is my favourite for just what a strange mix and setting it is, as well as the dry sort of cynical comedy.

Kokoro Connect episode 5 was a shot to the heart, and of course the whole show is good. As in usual drama shows you have all the characters' problems coming to the surface one way or the other, but the way it's done with body swapping I think is really clever, and despite being totally sci-fi fantasy, it's more natural than finding it out a lot of other ways. And of course for comedy and anything else, the body swapping is used really well.

Binbougami ga! strikes a good balance between comedy and drama, and I legitimately like the characters, and while I'm not sure I like slapstick all that much, it's new enough to me to be appealing. I can imagine if I'd watched more of it before, I wouldn't like the show as much as I do.

Sword Art Online is good too, though it's sort of just a drag and trying to be dramatic when it's not even set up for it, like in the episodes where they killed off characters who were only just introduced and made it this big dramatic scene. I think the opening episodes are just to get some major character shaping stories out of the way before the main plot comes charging through though? Now that he's actually caught up with the girl who has been appearing in the OP, I'm sure we can expect it to start picking up.

Here's a more than rating of all the other airing shows still going.

Polar Bear's Café > Hyouka > Space Brothers > Eureka Seven AO

Polar Bear's Café is still funny. Most of why I like it is probably just that I like the characters a lot and enjoy watching them.

Hyouka is still pretty decent. Satoshi is the saddest character just now though. Will be glad to see the festival arc go though, this mystery is starting to drag and doesn't really feel like it's getting anywhere, though I'm sure it'll end well enough.

and not like the mystery movie arc, though I liked the result for the movie, where the truth was that they just didn't like the end and wanted to find a different one that fitted what they'd already filmed. I wouldn't have liked the original ending either though, so fair enough. It just disappointed me that there wasn't some clever explination for everything, and it was just a politics thing, if that's a right enough word.

The third test arc of Space Brothers was dragging a bit, and I'm glad it's coming to an end, though these last couple episodes of it have been making me sad that characters are going to start leaving, and I'm starting to like them a lot more now that it's ending. Bad timing.

Eureka Seven AO has been really good, but there's a delay between episodes 15 and 16 just now, so there hasn't been a new episode recently, and as such I've kind of forgotten about it a little, so to the bottom it goes.

Posted

read the manga a few years back, it was awesome. good choice.

It was pretty amazing, yeah. It's just so great how all of the characters changed for the better. Or showed that there's a different, better side to them. That they're not really bad or that there's a reason for them being bad that people just didn't know about.

Except Roberto. puppy, I hate Roberto.

Overall, though, one of the best journeys I've taken through an anime.

It really wouldn't be. I can imagine just being annoyed at you and Saha making observations, and just being like "ugh I don't even care what these guys think" and wonder why I'm even there, and then it would ruin the whole thing for me.

I can agree with this to some degree. It's more like for some anime, I feel like it should be taken more seriously. But when I'm with friends, they or even myself point out hilarious things. Like, Madoka is supposed to be somewhat serious, but when I had two of my friends watch a bit of it, we all made jokes and it kind of made episode 3 a little less of a banana mixer. My opinion on this.

Posted

Oh and also T1g you do stuff like say we're going to watch anime on a certain time and then I spend all day waiting and then I decide to do other stuff and THAT'S when you come on and say we're watching it I mean come on

it is really hard to gather all the people who want to be in on it, which is the primary downside to watching things in groups

Pretty much what Teto said, about Tatami Galaxy. Like, it's blunt for a reason. If I may make a bold statement, all that stuff is says is just basic exposition fired rapid-paced so it can cut the fat and get to the actual plot. Does it advance the story to take five episodes to explain the setting, characters, tone, and plot? In other series, yes, but Tatami Galaxy boldly proclaims that those things can be said in a few sentences, and they're important yeah, but there is much more at work here, and you need to see that in order to truly connect and understand the story and its characters. It really is a show filled with intense contemplation and emotion, and it's one of the few series I can confidently say will make you a better person for watching. One of the few things that handle characters, setting, atmosphere, and concepts like maturity and handles them in a way that is so streamlined and packed with content that it's amazing that the series could manage what it did in 11 episodes. I never get tired of watching it and its characters, and getting entranced by its atmosphere.

I have watched it 3 times and i keep picking up on little things each time I watch it

And T1g yeah you pretty aggressively monopolize time we have been over this

Its because I am jealous of your status as the Hero of Panel Time so I have become the Sage of Darkness Time

• Jintai was put on hold because I am waiting for Cascade to come back before we watch more, so I haven't seen anything after episode 3
  • Natsuyuki Rendezvous is actually a pretty entertaining non-adolescent romance story about a 22 year old guy and a 30 year old florist, whose shop is being haunted by her dead husband who can only be seen by the guy, and the ghost keeps trying to prevent the guy from making any advancements on his wife by doing things like floating between the two of them while they are talking and making faces while covering her eyes. The back and forths between the main character and the ghost are pretty entertaining
  • Moyashimon Returns is more Moyashimon, although so far the first season was better, not to say that this one is bad or anything though. In fact episode 5 was a lot more like what I have come to expect from the show.

I really want to see what crazy puppying thing the Professor is going to pull off to get Hasegawa back from her dad. The last episode ended with him on the phone saying, "Yes, the usual Federation of Economic Organizations and Diet Members, and it would be ideal if the Deputy Prime Minister would come, too." Just how many connections does this guy have anyway.

• I am enjoying Space Bros with its current arc because now its not just Mutta talking to himself, but we will have to see how this whole thing is going to end before i can judge the arc as a whole. I am also cosplaying Mutta at Natsucon because its so puppying perfect why should i squander this oppurtunity?
  • I haven't watched Polar Bear Cafe in like 2 months so I don't actually know what its like anymore
  • Haven't watched Hyouka for a while either