NEW DEMOMAN GRENADE LAUNCHER

ITS A CANNON

PROBABLY RELATES TO HIS PIRATE GETUP

FIRST NEW DEMOMAN PRIMARY IN YEARS

IM EXCITED ABOUT THIS

Also a new medigun but who cares

tumblr_mfb92wFPtQ1qjwws3o1_1280.png

Posted

You would get TF2 again when I'm back home and don't have reliable enough internet to play it :(

Posted

Just from the picture it made me think of a reverse pop-up pirate

Posted

I thought the medigun was sweet, although a tiny bit broken.

IT'S LIKE MVM UPGRADES ON A STICK.

The canon is okay too i guess i dunno i only ever play demoknight with demo

and i suck at it

Posted

Pheo, I've been playing with that Demo cannon weapon, and I'm actually really enjoying it. If you get good enough with timing, you can basically destroy heavies really easily, and entire groups. It's a lot of fun.

Posted

How good is it for destroying heavies? Normally when I encounter a heavy I either run, or, if I have a full clip, empty all of my pill grenades onto him and hope they all land. It's three pills to kill a heavy at full health, and four to kill one at overheal that is currently being buffed by a medic, and you have to make sure to land all of them instantly or he's going to make mincemeat out of you with his minigun, but I'm just rambling. How is a cannon good/better for heavies than the regular grenade launcher?

Posted

To be honest, I found it easier, though using the cannon felt really instinctive for me. You basically have to ensure you land all your cannon balls right near so it does its full damage, and then they're pretty fast to shoot and reload. The best bit about it is the knockback, though. If you can time and shoot a few of them quickly, and you can, because it shoots 50 percent faster than the grenade launcher, you can take down a heavy pretty easily, especially with the knockback messing them over even if you don't kill them straight away.

The other thing it felt like, with the ability to time fuses and the rate of fire, is that it felt a lot more destructive around engy nests. 

That being said, that's just my opinion and I'm sure others find the Grenade Launcher much better to use.

It is a lot of fun knocking heavies over the field, though. It's hilarious

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

It's a pretty good weapon, yeah. If you can get it to impact someone then explode before hitting the ground, it does ridiculous damage

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Btw, I found the most obnoxious team in existence. I was on 2fort because it's the only full servers in Australia at 3 am, and the entire blue team was engineers and snipers. All the engineers were using mini sentries.

It was psychologically breaking us.

Posted

Oh my god. Please tell me you got screens and replays. That sounds like something I would want to see.

Posted

No, I didn't think of that :( 

But imagine it. I've gone soldier, I see 4 mini sentries on their...bank? The other side of the bridge. They're far enough away from each other that I can't take them all down at once. But through some amazing miracle, I get through the two on the right side, get in their base, they have another sentry just lying in there, so I get that too. I walk back around to get the other two, I get them, and then I get shot to death by the OTHER TWO THEY MANAGED TO PUT UP BACK WHERE I DESTROYED THEM LITERALLY 15 SECONDS BEFORE.

And then if you go sneaky and manage to get in their base, you have this hypersensitive engy and sniper combo who never seem to be where they should be, but will screw up any infiltration you make. :(

never again

Posted

Oh golly, I thought it sounded like you were on the team with the engies and snipers that was on defense, and that it was awful because it was ridiculously easy for the enemy team to get through your awful defence, and that that kept happening.

Posted

I'm pretty sure we're all really really still upset about adult swim and tf2 cockteasing us with "oh boy adult swim and valve are teaming up for tf2!" and then just making dlc for the game. And now they rub our noses in it with commercials like this. What jerks.