"I remember a time before status updates and picture threads. A simpler time, that was a lot more active than it is now."

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Before status updates and picture threads, folks had to make new threads for the most minute things. So it looked like we were always busy, even if the threads often died. And new users would actually come here.

That being said, new users tend to not come here. Jared thinks the "quilt of friendship" is deteriorating. It's more that the quilt is too strong. I haven't seen a new face that's stuck around since Cascade. I'm really getting less and less tolerant of people scaring away new members or just generally being abrasive when they do come around expecting at least Zelda Fans, when even those who like or have played Zelda games will tell them straight up that they don't like the series, whether it be for a reaction or to avoid discussing it at all. What kind of progress as a forum can we make with an attitude like that?

When Dustin was the owner, he made every effort to load Hnet up with a bunch of features, whether they were used or not, and he tried really hard to get a lot of users. We'd get people of all kinds of demographics, and since even the people that stayed here didn't have any social standing, no one shut anyone else out and we adapted to and accepted different ways of thinking, even if they were less tolerable than others. Now we're just a clique made up of smaller cliques. I haven't seen very many warm, nice welcomes from a large majority of you in awhile. Mostly just one line comments that don't make sense in context for the newcomer and just general being a jerk.

Sahaqiel

Arachne and Jareddude like this

Posted

I haven't seen a new face that's stuck around since Cascade.

:<

Nice to know that I am remembered :<

Jareddude likes this

Posted

If I remember properly, somebody said something about making guides. What ever happened to that?

Jareddude likes this

Posted

tru

But I'm getting my homework done for the first time in my life, so lol.

Also, Rika, you came after Cascade?? I thought you were before her. idk then.

Sayuri's actually the last person I remember joining and staying, scratch previous statement.

Posted

saha.....saha, i joined in july of the same year :<

cascade--04 jan 2010

rika--03 feb 2010

me--15 july 2010

sayu--25 may 2011

Posted

Lol, our scribe has terrible memory :P

Posted

well, its not like theres a list ordered by date or anything, at least to my knowledge.

*edit* oh hey, the members function has a search after date. arachne joined 28 feb 2010? why do i feel like her accounts older than that, somehow? second account?

Posted

I think the lack of news posting also contributes to nobody staying.

Posted

What if we just became a forum for something else.

Like an Eridan forum or something.

Posted

That would be the lamest thing ever and I would ban anyone who actually wants to join on that premise.

Jareddude, Ganny and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Knuckle is going to be stepping on a lot of toes. I can see it. Just doing the macarena on them.

(Called it)

Posted

What if we just became a forum for something else.

Like an Eridan forum or something.

Also Knuckle you wont be king because it's literally impossible to take you seriously at all.

Posted

I think the lack of news posting also contributes to nobody staying.

It's hard when you and sometimes I are the only ones doing it.

Posted

i get my news from you guys, honestly. "what? that games coming out??? crap, i totally forgot!" and so forth. yahoo and hnet are my only contacts with whats going on in the world these days.

Posted

The cleaning part of me just wants some things cleaned up.

(I'm pretty sure we can lock the gender thread. I'm pretty sure that can be filed away.)