Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Xbox One

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait, the super nintendo could play gameboy games?

Posted

Super-gameboy-player.jpg

Posted

So you had to plug in a thing so it could play them iiiiii gotchaaaaaaa

Posted

The awesome thing about the Super Gameboy is that it's actually a Gameboy emulator. It reads the cartridge, and some games had custom backgrounds for it. The pokemon games' backgrounds were the Gym badges you'd already collected, it was pretty cool. It also included an entire MS Paint-like program that allowed you to edit the color palette, draw on the game, and change to some preset backgrounds. Like cats. Cats that would get up and move off the background until they were all gone. Then come back. It was awesome.

Also I'm most likely not getting the XOne

Oh god. 

XO

As in the face you make when you hear about any new info about it

Posted

I didn't know that much about the Super Gameboy cartridge for the SNES, that's pretty neat. The only thing I remember about it was it'd have a custom border for Pobemynns with card-like things that had different Pokemon, like Pidgey and Charmander and such. Don't know why I didn't get the badge ones? Maybe, I'll go back and try to play a few of my Gameboy games. It also allowed you to speed up the game time by 3x and maybe another? Or... maybe this was the N64... can't remember. I do remember the Gameboy Color being able to change the color palette while it flashed the Nintendo logo. You could hold any number of combination of the buttons and it would swap to some palette so you could play original Gameboy games in color. It was neato. I did it a lot for Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, and Metroid II.

Posted

The coolest one was the negative color palette

Posted

Something to note: Microsoft was one of the companies cooperating with the NSA in the massive blanket data mining affair that's all over the news right now. Just imagine what the NSA could do with the Kinect if they wanted.

Posted

You mean the data mining that started in 2007 that nobody cared about? That now, because it's trendy to complain about privacy, everybody suddenly remembers, despite most phone carriers actually telling people their stuff's being recorded and people signing the agreement anyway?

Nothing really matters to the gen pub til it's all over the news for being bad

Posted

Yeah, I mean, like I said before...we've already given up so much privacy that it's pretty hypocritical of me to boycott the Xbox One over it.

Facebook, Apple, Google...all these companies are also cooperating. Is it coincidence they're all the biggest corps of our generation?

Posted (edited)

The power to fight them is technically in the hands of consumers, but I don't think that they have the collective desire. Definitely not the willpower.

If the electronics are shiny enough, people don't seem to care about the details. The layperson iPad user or Xbox user is definitely not the kind of person who would probably be interested in something like a boycott. I associate iPad users with people who prefer instant gratification. Those companies know that they have their consumers exactly where they want them. The consumers of those products don't read terms of use agreements and they are obsessed with "convenience", so there's no way that they're ever going to sacrifice instant gratification for ANYTHING, not even their privacy rights.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

The power to fight them is technically in the hands of consumers, but I don't think that they have the collective desire. Definitely not the willpower.

If the electronics are shiny enough, people don't seem to care about the details. The layperson iPad user or Xbox user is definitely not the kind of person who would probably be interested in something like a boycott. I associate iPad users with people who prefer instant gratification. Those companies know that they have their consumers exactly where they want them. The consumers of those products don't read terms of use agreements and they are obsessed with "convenience", so there's no way that they're ever going to sacrifice instant gratification for ANYTHING, not even their privacy rights.

That's the worst part. we're watching the erosion of our privacy but there's nothing we can do 

Posted

GOD puppyING DAMMIT

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS FOR THIS ONE TO RETURN

AND NOW IT'S BACK.

ONLY ON XBOX ONE.

Posted

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies

This is a HUGE win for consumer rights and for gaming.

NOW an Xbox One looks to be a much better buy. I'm interested to see how this affects the family circle, or the Kinect being always attached to the console.

Posted

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Well, this is funny. I hope by "play anywhere" that they mean that it's not unavailable in certain countries still But these seem to be decent changes. And the recent bill I posted before Chase will make the Kinect less of an issue.

How hilarious would it be if this was Microsoft's plan all along? "Let's make it seem as shitty as possible and then show our customers we 'care'".