Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Xbox One

134 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've never owned an Xbox 360, but for the last 5 years i've lived in places with multiple xbox 360s. Usually somebody in the dorm/house/suite/cardboard box would buy a multi-player game, and that game would get use on 2 to 3 different machines, and sometimes people would create their own profile on each machine. We were more or less Microsoft's worst nightmare.

Earlier this year, I had to plans to buy the next gen Xbox for the house for everyone to use- partly as a way of thanking my friends for letting me use their Xbox's for all these years, and partly because I have 4 or 5 Xbox games that I've personally bought, and I don't have my own personal console to play them on.

But No backwards compatibility is a Big Deal Breaker and no sharing games is a big Deal Breaker so not buying this thing will be the easiest decision that I've made all year. The funny thing is that I play Madden and other yearly sports games, and hate my cable company, so I feel like I'm more or less the target audience for this product, and they still missed the mark by a mile.

Maybe I'll buy a Wii U . Back in 2008 I bought a Wii and used it to pretty much exclusively play the Mario Galaxies, the two Zelda games, and Smash Brothers. Funny thing is, those games alone made it completely worth the purchase. I was debating taking a generation off from Nintendo, but not being able to play the next 3d Mario will probably make me feel left out and very jealous.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)
Cirt and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

Hey, if you're looking for games to play for the wiiu, let me personally recommend to you pikmin 3. It's accessible, imaginative, fun as tits, great soundtrack, great everything. I say this without it so much as being out yet on the grounds that pikmin 1 was good enough and pikmin 2 is one of my all time favorites, and pikmin 3 here has been put off longer than half life 3. Whenever I hear people complaining about episode 3 taking so long I SCOFF AT THEM BECAUSE pikmin 3 has taken even longer. But not really. But still. It's gonna be great.

And if you're looking for a really fun multiplayer game, wiiu just got monhan 3 ultimate. It's essentially just a really really upgraded version of monster hunter tri, not that that's really a bad thing. It's a game thats all about multiplayer and its fun multiplayer and its fun. And I played a demo of the game and it's great. And my friend who likes madden games went out of his way to buy a copy for his wiiu because he likes it so there. I'm sorry bro I'm not really thinking about what to write for these recommendations but these are games that I either know are already good or will be out soon and be good so. More reasons to get a wiiu.

Posted

Honestly though, I'm really interested in hearing a defense for microsoft's decisions. A real, serious one. Is this their attempt at stopping pirating and things? Or what? Whats the deal for all this dumbery?

I'll do my best.

This is a great way for Microsoft to control game sales and piracy. With the daily check-in, they can consistently check whether the game you are playing is indeed legitimate. It keeps pirates from being able to use the console offline, because they'd have to check in like everybody else (though, I'm not so sure pirates couldn't just crack the entire system, but that would mean purchasing the system. Not to mention it would be difficult to do, due to having to remain offline the entire time). This will probably be a godsend for developers who have their panties in a wad over piracy. They're probably eager to program for this system. It puts the "power" back in the hands of Microsoft, the publishers, and the developers, at the cost of the consumer's freedom and power. To Microsoft, this is not a negative. All at the same time, it gives them unparalleled access to you and your living room. They will know what you like to watch, what you like to play, when you like to watch/play, etc. It's marketing at its most invasive level that would essentially allow Microsoft to truly give you a personal experience.

What they'll probably end up doing (I'm almost sure of it) is dialing back a lot of the stuff gamers complained about, while also keeping the important things to Microsoft. That way it looks like they had a change of heart, but in reality they implemented more invasive policies that gamers are willing to live with, as long as [insert bullshit policy here] doesn't happen again. They're trying to push as far as possible. Remember, your digital rights are completely up in the air as a consumer. The policies and laws are incredibly outdated, and Microsoft wants to ensure THEY control how the law works. It's disgusting (and possibly criminal), but they're entirely within their rights to do this kind of stuff right now because the law isn't clear.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I don't like the future

There will be no such thing as privacy

People will buy this, in the end. There may be token backlash on behalf of consumers, but they will give in to it at some point. And if its not the Xbox one that they give in to, it will be something else. As long as there are uneducated people who are impressed by shiny things, apple and Microsoft can continue to track your every move.

Posted

Hey, if you're looking for games to play for the wiiu, let me personally recommend to you pikmin 3. It's accessible, imaginative, fun as tits, great soundtrack, great everything. I say this without it so much as being out yet on the grounds that pikmin 1 was good enough and pikmin 2 is one of my all time favorites, and pikmin 3 here has been put off longer than half life 3. Whenever I hear people complaining about episode 3 taking so long I SCOFF AT THEM BECAUSE pikmin 3 has taken even longer. But not really. But still. It's gonna be great.

And if you're looking for a really fun multiplayer game, wiiu just got monhan 3 ultimate. It's essentially just a really really upgraded version of monster hunter tri, not that that's really a bad thing. It's a game thats all about multiplayer and its fun multiplayer and its fun. And I played a demo of the game and it's great. And my friend who likes madden games went out of his way to buy a copy for his wiiu because he likes it so there. I'm sorry bro I'm not really thinking about what to write for these recommendations but these are games that I either know are already good or will be out soon and be good so. More reasons to get a wiiu.

If I got a WiiU I would probably buy Pikmin 3.

I don't think I would buy sports games on a Wii though. The default controls would be weird, and the developers who make those games tack them onto the Wii as an afterthought. Reality is that I'll probably just play NBA 2K13 until 2022.

Posted

This is the reality of our world now. Microsoft was just a lot more brazen in its designs for a new world order.

Posted (edited)

I agree.

Nintendo and Sony come out of this looking so good that its not even funny. Microsoft gets all the backlash, then once the things settle down, they release an exclusive game, and everyone buys an Xbox One, Nintendo and Sony will come out from hiding and follow in Microsofts footsteps with a similar non piracy strategy in their next console. By this time, people will already accept that this is the future of consoles and they wont receive the backlash that Microsoft originally received. 

So as a recap, Xbox gains profits from all this new bullshit, Sony and nintendo get more profit for looking like the saviors of console gaming, and eventually, they will also collect profits when this new bullshit becomes industry standard.

So at the end of the day, this is a victory for all three corporations.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I feel ill.

I'm gonna go play some Super Nintendo and think about my life.

Posted

If I got a WiiU I would probably buy Pikmin 3.

I don't think I would buy sports games on a Wii though. The default controls would be weird, and the developers who make those games tack them onto the Wii as an afterthought. Reality is that I'll probably just play NBA 2K13 until 2022.

Hey no not sports game just pikmin/monhan/whatever sounds good

Posted (edited)

The only way that I would buy an Xbox One would be if Shadow the Hedgehog 2 was released as an Xbox exclusive title.

Not even an invasion of privacy could keep me away from the Prince of Darkness.

Posted

shadow the hedgehog was garbage tho

Posted (edited)

You probably think that because you never figured out how to use Chaos CONTROL.

Chaos CONTROL is Shadow's signature move.

Posted

I don't like the future

There will be no such thing as privacy

I get all the other arguments, but being entitled to steal shit?

Posted

Spoken like someone who has never played shadow the hedgehog