New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

He seems out of place. There's MEGA MAN, MARIO, PAC-MAN, and SONIC!! Plus some random anime character! I guess?

It's not even like an unexpected, ridiculous thing like Snake was in Brawl.

Posted

You are mistaken. The new game was announced for the wii u a while ago. The remake of the first game (wii exclusive) was announced today

Again, I personally don't mind due to the pure potential of the character like this. With multiple counters, as well as moves that due extra damage based on what way the opponents facing, means Shulk will be heavily based on predicting your opponents movements. Trying to run away? Back Slash. Spamming dash attacks? Counter. Playing as Ike? You are a already dead

Posted

Pretty rare for a character to be facing away from you in a 1 on 1 battle, but I can imagine he'll wreak havoc in matches with three or four people. Counters are fun too, I'd like to play as him if I weren't so pumped for lucina.

Posted

It's actually ideal to be facing backwards for many, if not most guys

T1g likes this

Posted

Yeah. For instance, I play Toon Link, and his back air is like, one of his most essential moves because of how fast it is. Whenever an opponent is too close for projectiles, the back air is like 50% of what you'll be trying to do.

Posted

The full color palette for every confirmed smash character has been revealed!

jKULPDu.jpg

nQ0w92G.jpg

Can someone confirm whether or not Yoshi's colors are the same colors as the different yoshi colors from paper mario and the thousand year door? Also, check out Kirby's last color: It's not kirby at all; It's unmasked metaknight! It's so cool that they added that into the game.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm super excited for this game. I'm getting the 3DS version like as soon as it comes out. Though where the heck is Ness and or Lucas? I mean I can understand no Lucas because he was recent and blah blah, but Ness has been around since the start.

It's almost the same Pheo, but it's missing a white Yoshi.

Posted

Can someone confirm whether or not Yoshi's colors are the same colors as the different yoshi colors from paper mario and the thousand year door?

They aren't, though most of them are there the white version is missing.

Posted

I wish the luma changed colors on Rosalina. But there are so many colors in this game.

Posted

I wish Megaman had a Protoman alternate costume or at least a recolor, so I could finish what was started...

Posted

I wish Megaman had a Protoman alternate costume or at least a recolor, so I could finish what was started...

Oh I would totally love that. Though I can't complain with the choices given. Look at the Peach's last one. It looks soooo cool.

Posted

Oh yeah, I'll be loving that Rosalina outfit with the white and red. I suspect she's supposed to look like a white mage:

Priest.jpg

Posted

Why in the world doesn't the luma change colors on Rosalina? Won't that get confusing in matches with multiple Rosalinas?

Posted

Why in the world doesn't the luma change colors on Rosalina? Won't that get confusing in matches with multiple Rosalinas?

They'll probably think of something and if not, we'll be doomed from poor decision making. Though I think it be hilarious having 4 players constantly going, "Which one's my luma?" That'll cause a heated battle in itself.

Posted

lol

Also, I really like that they're implementing new costumes and not just new colors.