New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't get what's on Little Mac's limbs nor the last Pac-man costume

Posted

I don't get what's on Little Mac's limbs nor the last Pac-man costume

The last Pac-man costume looks like oven mitts with oven mitt shoes...

Posted (edited)

Kirby's last skin is really nice, it's Meta Knight without his armor, a few of the last skins seem to be specially made like Wolf as one of the Star Fox skins and I believe Link's last one is supposed to be Fierce Deity, it's pretty cool stuff.

Also there's a bigger version of that picture out now, I don't have it on me

Also YLA I'm pretty sure Ness has been unofficially confirmed if you haven't heard that yet, I believe it's legit, I doubt any character from Smash 64 would ever be cut, I don't think Lucas will return but it would have been nice I guess

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Is no one going to bring up that half of Captain Olimar's palettes are Alph, a completely different character from Pikmin 3?

Posted

Posted

Kirby's last skin is really nice, it's Meta Knight without his armor, a few of the last skins seem to be specially made like Wolf as one of the Star Fox skins and I believe Link's last one is supposed to be Fierce Deity, it's pretty cool stuff.

Also there's a bigger version of that picture out now, I don't have it on me

Also YLA I'm pretty sure Ness has been unofficially confirmed if you haven't heard that yet, I believe it's legit, I doubt any character from Smash 64 would ever be cut, I don't think Lucas will return but it would have been nice I guess

I am sad that Lucas will be gone since he's now only my favorite, but because he's the reason I started playing Mother/Earthbound. :/  Hopefully Ness adopts Lucas' PK Thunder where it doesn't go away after one use. Though we'll see.

So far I see myself using Ness, Mega Man, Peach (maybe), and Idk who else. I remember I read that they're making every character from scratch so who knows what move sets they'll have.

Posted

Really? That's actually really cool.

I know how tempting it is to look at these lists and say which characters you will and won't use, but in the end it really comes down to just playing the game and seeing who fits you best. My best in melee is mario, but in brawl (in which I am no where near as competent as I am in melee), my bests are wolf and Ike.

Posted

pheo thats because Brawl pretty much ruined everything. which is why your Mario game stopped being useful

Posted (edited)

Smash Bros isn't going to be on until way later but I don't know where else to post this, http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo get in here if you're not already

Also the US Smash 3DS demo is coming on the 19th, but some select Club Nintendo members who have reached platinum status will get it early

Posted

This is the one year that I didn't make platinum :(

Posted

guess who just got the smash bros demooooooooooooo

I actually got platinum like a month too late, but a friend of mine DID have platinum.

So basically, friends are awesome.

Eka likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah the demo is pretty decent, I'm sure it's really great if you know someone to play with locally. Wish it had online multiplayer. After I've played with all 5 characters I feel a little bored of it now.

I really like playing as Villager though

Also they're playing Smash on Nintendo's Twitch RIGHT NOW

Posted

Apparently people are giving out codes on twitter and reddit

Posted

That's awesome. I wish I had my 3DS with me...