A Song of Ice and Werewolves (GoT)

448 posts in this topic

Posted

I WAS GONE FOR THE FIRST DAY OKAY I KIND OF MISSED SOME DETAILS

Posted

Cirt is probably Littlefinger then. Who else would be considered a complementing character to Varys?

Pheo: It only occurred to me looking back how vague my statement was. I guess my sentiments mirrored your own; I don't have anything immediately  useful. I have a clue at someone's identity, but it's not conclusive, and if it was I don't know how much we could take from it considering the conspiracy against the crown doesn't have any obvious source or motivation yet. I think it's more likely I'd use this info in defense of someone's innocence, rather than to prove their guilt, although that could change if the plot happens to incriminate them later on.

Back to my question to T1G: What's up with the keys? I know you needed them, but what are they meant to unlock? My first instinct is to remember that in the books, Tyrion kept Shae in a house in the city to protect her. Otherwise I can't remember any specific houses in King's Landing.

I WAS GONE FOR THE FIRST DAY OKAY I KIND OF MISSED SOME DETAILS

In that case, go back and check up on peoples' semi role-claims. More food for thought.

Posted

Was knuckle confirmed town? I thought it was the NPC he killed in the duel that was the confirmed town.

Teto likes this

Posted

I agree with T1G, that is confusing logic.

Speaking of which T1G, what's up with the keys???

Posted

@teto: The keys are pretty obviously related to my ability, but sadly I can't talk about my ability yet. I haven't even used said ability (on account of the key hunting) so I wouldn't be able to back up any claims I make.

Posted

Right, okay. I just wanted you to address my question.

So, I'm going to immunity vote for Tywin Lannister. He'd have a good role. Tywin himself is a master strategist, so I imagine his role would have something like the watcher role; accurately identifying the actions of others on some level (maybe written off as predicting their actions). Although it'd be a relevant and interesting twist if his watcher role had the unseen flaw of him inaccurately predicting the actions of other Lannisters, since he doesn't seem to be fully aware or conscious of what his own family is up to (maybe a bad character analysis though).

Posted

Can someone give me a rundown on all this Guy Targayen business? I think I missed something in this discussion. Also a minor Game of Thrones spoiler free description of the guy would be nice

Posted

There are no Targaryens in King's Landing in S1 or Book 1/2 to my knowledge. And there is literally no "Guy" Targaryen in GoT lore.

It could be Viserys. Brodongo always talks about some Dothraki invasion, as if a passing joke, but maybe the plot of this game is literally an alternate timeline where Khaal Drogo immediately pays his debt (not that the Dothraki understand purchase and debt) to Viserys, and goes to war with Westeros. Waiting for someone to off the highborns within, and then the horde makes their move?

It's not a big spoiler that Khaal Drogo doesn't go to war with Westeros immediately at the beginning of the series. They go east to the Dothraki sea (of grass) at first.

Posted

Oh ok so all this discussion is because he isnt a normal GoT character, gotcha.

Do we still get to do a protect vote or was that night 1 only?

Posted

I'm gonna go with pheo and vote for Teto, who's claim of knowing someone's identity but not wanting to show it because its 'inconclusive' seems really fishy.

Posted

Yeah, and if we pried into pheo's "can't talk about my findings" reply, maybe he would come across just as fishy. Pheo's the one prying into my business and not willing to give up any info on his own. And Ammonsa was quick to take up the suggestion of dividing up the rota for the sake of claiming.

When she did that, I complied. I told her I was a Lannister boy. When Pheo continued his line of questioning on my poorly phrased reply (self indulgent use of the word 'gleaned' because I wanted to sound fancy), I gave up some info. I'm trying to be as transparent here as I can get, without straight up revealing my identity or role.

Pheo also phrased his accusation as "Teto, who hasn't actually mentioned anything about his night". When, really, I did. My claim to having found nothing of immediate use was true. Pheo talked as if I'd said nothing at all; as if I'd been silent. I'm one of the most outspoken people here alongside Pheo.

Knuckle and T1G are supposedly in some kind of cahoots in this game. I'm starting to feel like this is a game of alliances, and that a major mechanic of this game is potentially the use of many private chatrooms. I say this because I'm Jaime Lannister, and last night I used my night action to open a chatroom with who is supposedly Cersei Lannister. For their sake I won't say which player I opened a chatroom with. Because I believe that Lannisters are more likely not to be wolves in this game, I trust that Cersei is town, or indy, and so if she was to come under fire later on, I would have then come forward with this argument as her defense. Looks like out of the two of us though, I'm the one in danger.

I think Brodongo designed this game around betrayal and alliances, and a genius way to do that would be to have lots of roles linked to one another in chatrooms. So assuming Knuckle and T1G really do have a dialogue, then the fact I have one with Cersei is more evidence for this theory as to the game mechanics. The best way to spot wolves in this game is by trying to detect alliances through peoples' behaviour in the thread. Naturally paranoia would spread if everyone seemed to have biases towards different people.

But all of this reasoning (about the chatrooms) doesn't help me decide who I would vote for. Most of me says Pheo, for not really recognising that I did in fact say something. Part of me also says Knuckle, but only because I always wonder "what if?" when we don't manage to meet a lynch requirement.

Posted

But Linox, I still want to know more about you. What do you mean by "being aware of 'guy on guy action' from last night?" Did you watch T1g and Knuckle interact? Did you watch someone kill LL? Did two male characters bang? I don't see Renly Baratheon and Loras Tyrell on the list of playable characters, so unless they're two of the "?????'s," I'd like you to please elaborate.

I mentioned this already, but let me be more detailed this time.

Last night an npc character interacted with T1g, which he apparently doesn't know about. I know this npc's name.

The "guy on guy" thing was simply a horrible pun.

Posted

Ah, an NPC handed T1G his keys then? Since it's an NPC, do you forsee any danger in revealing who this NPC was?

Even if T1G isn't in chat cahoots with Knuckle, I still stand by my idea that this game has a lot of private chatrooms, if only because it sounds like a great fit for this game.

Posted

I can't say for sure what the npc did. Which is why I was so interested in finding out from T1g.

Anyway it was Guy Targaryen, which is where the "guy on guy" pun was born from.

I also know that Edmure Tully is an npc as well.

Posted

Is it also a bit fishy that T1G would be in correspondence with a Targaryen? I find that more of an engaging reason for suspicion than pheo (who I just suspect as self defense).