Mysteries of Sheik-Male or Female???

191 posts in this topic

Posted

Girl. :/

If you go to where you have to go to Shadow Temple in kakariko Village, the shadow beast of whatever picks Sheik up and throws him or her and Sheik does make it sound like a girl when she/he gets picked up. :P

Posted

:unsure: First of all have you even played Ocarina of Time? if you have then you would now that Sheik reveals herself as Princess Zelda near the end of the game.

I think everyone's aware of that :/

If you'd read the rest of the thread, you'd know that the subject was on Sheik specifically and not Princess Zelda. Sheik is, according to Ruto, a male. The debate is either Sheik is simply Zelda in disguise and is female, or Zelda transformed herself into a male and so Sheik is male.

Posted

I think its most likely that Zelda turned herself into a Male.

Just think of all the other changes in Zelda

Link into a Deku, Goron, Zora.

Ganondorf into Beast Ganon and a Wierd Floating ball of energy in the twilight realm.

If the other two wielders of Triforce can do that stuff, Zelda should be able to at least change into a Male.

Posted

umm...let me put it straight: Zelda=Sheik Zelda=Female Sheik=Zelda so, Sheik=Female.

Posted

umm...let me put it straight:

Wide shoulders=male

wide hips=female

Sheik=wide shoulders

Zelda=wide hips

so,

Sheik=male

Zelda=female

Posted

Although technically you are correct Lego, anantomically Shiek is male. Most likely, Nintendo wanted people to think Shiek was male to make the whole twist more surprising. From a perspective of Shiek as an independant character, Shiek is definitely male.

Although, I for one always thought Shiek was a girl...

Posted

Sheik is female. Zelda = Sheik. Therefore Sheik is a female, disguised as male. Yes, Sheik appears to have no breasts, different eye color, etc. However, Zelda is a powerful sorceress. She could use these powers to disguise herself. But all the magic in the world isn't going to change her DNA.

Posted

Everyone at my school thinks Sheik is a girl.(yes,I go to a very nerdy school.) I think hes a guy. thats my opinion.

Sheik_oot.jpg

He's totaly a guy!!!!"

No,

Shiek is ZELDA. Thus, Shiek is a female, a woman, a girl. Zelda was taken by her caretaker, who was a Shieka. She took her someplace where Ganon couldn't find her and trained her. It is revieled in Ocarina of Time. I would know, I've been plaing that game since I was four.

Come on people.

Posted

...your posts make absolutely no sense. I did get a little out of it, though. You think that Sheik is a female.

Okay, but here are your reasons why you believe so:

1. Sheik is Zelda. -- We all know that, and that isn't a convincing argument. She could have used magic to turn herself into a boy.

2. Her caretaker is a sheika, and Impa trained Zelda. -- ...okay? What does that possibly have to do with it? Did Impa also "train" her shoulders to widen and her hips to shrink? Those things don't happen with training. If anything, Impa gave her the magic to turn herself into a boy.

It is not revealed in Ocarina of Time that Sheik is a female. It is revealed that Sheik is Zelda in disguise, but that doesn't mean she can't become a boy. Also, Ruto says that Sheik is a male when you find her as an adult. Apparently, he rescued her. So we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sheik looks like a boy in Ruto's eyes. Sheik sounds like a boy (albeit a tenor) and looks like a boy. It's very logical to assume that Zelda turned herself into a boy.

Posted

Also, Zelda's a total butch. She never hooks up with Link, she's serious and manly looking in Twilight Princess not to mention her kung fu skills in SSB which no woman could possibly pull off. Not a girly one anyway. Zelda's a total lesbo so obviously she'd take her chance to go transgender for a few years.

Posted

I was pretty sure Sheik was a man until Brawl convinced me otherwise. Unless he is a gender-confused man that is, she is a woman.

Posted

Shiek is meant to be a male as a disguise, but he is not because he is just a disguise of Zelda, duh!

Posted

...I wish you people would read my posts... Also, Azzah, Brawl is not canon to the story and is therefore null in the discussion.

Please provide reasons for why you believe Sheik is a female. Yes, we know that Sheik is really Zelda in disguise. That isn't the discussion. The discussion is whether or not Sheik is really a male or a female. So, basically, did Zelda transform into a male or did she remain a female? Here are some arguments from both sides:

Male:

Sheik has wide shoulders and narrow hips. Zelda doesn't.

Ruto calls Sheik a boy.

Zelda used magic to transform herself into a boy to hide from Ganondorf more easily.

Female:

Zelda just somehow made herself look like a boy. Duh!

Sheik really isn't trying to be a boy at all, and Ruto is just mistaken.

...frankly, the male side has only come up with solid examples from the game. The female side has only had one argument thus far, and that's that Zelda=Sheik and Zelda=Female, so Sheik=Female. However, I have proven this to be untrue, or at least not so black and white. No one has explained how Sheik developed wide shoulders and narrow hips, and Zelda retained her narrow shoulders and wide hips.

Posted

Well, yeah Zelda used magic to completely changed herself. Who knows, those wraps might be so tight they cahnge her XD

I think Ruto calls Shiek a man because, well, she looks like one, and she might not have known.

Posted

Also,

Heh heh... the ol' female/male argument, eh? I respect the opinions of both sides, but I do have my own opinion as well:

First, it depends on which Sheik is in question. OoT!Sheik is OoT!Zelda, we all know this. But does that mean that when Zelda is in disguise that she's still a female? Perhaps, perhaps not. The real question is, did she use her magic to change her gender, or did she simply change outfits? I lean towards the belief that OoT!Zelda did indeed change her gender. Her entire body changed- everything from her skin color to her musculature. Allow me to explain with some notes:

sheik-m.jpg

M1: Pecs. Yes, folks, these are pecs. I've seen 'em, you've seen 'em, we all know. One thing that bothers me is the theory that Zelda wraps her breasts with bandages or whatever. Yes, OoT!Zelda has a small breast size (A cup, clearly. Ladies, you know.). Even somebody with a small A cup can not wrap their breasts and achieve the look of pecs. It is impossible. A woman may be able to minimize the look of her breasts, but she will not achieve pecs. Even a buttload of pushups will not give a woman pecs. Sure they will make the area look bigger, but no pecs would appear, because as the muscle structure of a breast grows, the fatty tissue inside grows along with it, increasing bust size. Obviously, OoT!Sheik has pecs in this picture.

M2: Bulge. I have pointed this out before, and people have actually argued that the bulge shown here is the pelvic bone. No, kids. No. On a woman, even the skinniest of them, the pelvic bone does not show at the lowest point of the crotch. It shows up higher at the hip. Last time I checked, women don't have crotch bulges. And that's certainly not a cameltoe there. Notice you can only barely see the highlighting on the right (Sheik's left) of the bulge, and the rest is covered in shadow. This is common in almost every piece of child-safe artwork where a male's crotch is visible. If the bulge was not there, highlighted and all, there would be no need for dark shadowing. I know, it's not a huge bulge, but you have to take age into consideration. OoT!Link is 17, right? Zelda is around the same age... so if OoT!Zelda transforms but is still around that age, there won't be a huge bulge. Males, don't try to convince me that a 17 year old is going to have a huge wang. They don't even stop developing until early 20's. As much as he may want to, a 16/17 year old male isn't going to have a man-package. This is most likely the reason it's visible, but not "big". Also, notice the hips. See and womanly curves? No, I didn't think so. :)

M3: Biceps/triceps. Yes, woman can build them, too, but only the very buff and/or lean will be able to have them this accentuated. As we can see, Sheik is built. Slim, but built. Like a male gymnast, yes? Yes. Also, the biceps are a tad bit larger than the triceps. On women, what makes theirs stand out more is actually a larger tricep, as they don't build biceps the same as men.

M4: Legs. What do you notice? Or, what don't you notice? The lack of curves. When it comes to lower body strength and muscle building, women excel while men excel in upper body strength and muscle building. When women gain muscle in their legs, they have a more fluid curve between the calf-ankle/thigh-knee area. In this image, OoT!Sheik's calf muscle sticks out while the rest of the back of his leg remains thin. The muscles in his thigh thing down where they meet the knee. These are characteristics of a male's musculature. When women gain muscle in their legs, their thighs also become thicker. In this case, OoT!Sheik's thighs are still somewhat thin, very much unlike that of a woman's.

M5: Feet. One of the most common characteristics of male characters is larger feet. What do we have here? Large feet! Very unproportional to a female's, these feet are very masculine in shape and size.

Compare OoT!Sheik to OoT!Zelda (http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Characters/OfficialArt/Zelda2.jpg) and notice the major differences in body shape. In her female form, Zelda has hips, thin arms, smaller shoulders, and small breasts. In my opinion, OoT!Sheik is male only in body. Mentally, he is still Princess Zelda, a female. Zelda has merely temporarily changed her body. If she changed her eye color, skin color, hair (color and length- bangs of Sheik's length could not be tied back as they are in Zelda's true form), and muscle structure, why wouldn't she just become male? Even her voice changed. It's not muffled, it's a whole different tone altogether.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then we have TP!Sheik. Yes, I know TP!Sheik only appeared in Brawl, but the design was intended for TP (then not used), so it can still be considered canon. This is where I think Nintendo made a great decision- making the new Sheik a female. OoT!Sheik and TP!Sheik are two different Sheiks, as they belong to two different Zeldas (OoT!Zelda and TP!Zelda). Let's look at more notes:

sheik-f.jpg

F1: Breasts! Boobs! Whatever. They are there, and they are visible. They are not wrapped, even though there are bandages there. If both Sheiks have their chests wrapped, but only one has boobs, then the other must be male, yes? Yes. TP!Sheik has boobs, kids. That alone should be enough, but I'll continue anyway.

F2: Feet. Look at that! They're not huge man-feet! They are proportionately female. Oh my. They are even feminine in shape!

F3: Butt. Boo-tay. Sheik's got back. TP!Sheik, most definitely, has a nice, round bum. Feminine and proportionate to a female's body shape, Sheik's posterior is nowhere near that of an average male's rear. We even see the dramatic curves between the back and the rear, creating a female figure.

F4: Thighs. Unlike OoT!Sheik's thighs, TP!Sheik's thighs do not become very thin where they meet the knee. They are meaty and shapely. As mentioned before, women with lower body strength have thicker thighs and rears, and this is clearly visible in TP!Sheik's model. The thighs meet up at the rear in a perfect curve, whereas with a male's figure, there would be a slight indentation where the thigh and rear meets.

F5: The calves! Unlike OoT!Sheik's calves, TP!Sheik's calves have more of a curve to them- they don't slim down dramatically as a male's would. They curve elegantly, once again showing off TP!Sheik's athletic, female build.

With TP!Sheik, it's quite easy to tell that she is female. Even the hair remains long, though the eye color and skin color still changes. Her arms are still slender, though the outfit gives off the illusion of larger muscles. Sillhouette the figure, and you will see that the biceps/triceps are much smaller than OoT!Sheik's. With TP!Sheik, we can easily tell that Zelda simply uses magic to transform into a different outfit with slight bodily changes. It would have been nice if they had actually used TP!Sheik in TP, but Midna stole the show, folks! Not that it was a bad thing. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo was smart enough, I think, to put an end to the male/female Sheik debate (or at least they tried....) by giving the fans a second Sheik- a female one. This way, F!Sheik fans can enjoy TP!Sheik, while M!Sheik fans can enjoy OoT!Sheik. :)

etc, etc.