Mysteries of Sheik-Male or Female???

191 posts in this topic

Posted

that art is from the game, nintendo guide, and the official OoT pic of sheik.

but if anyone can't admit sheik is girl tham they either had a crush on sheik as a guy or have issue with their maculinity

Please explain to me why this is?

I just don't see why Zelda couldn't of have used magic to change her gender. If she could change her body structure and eyes color, why not?

Posted

Please explain to me why this is?

I just don't see why Zelda couldn't of have used magic to change her gender. If she could change her body structure and eyes color, why not?

That assumes that she used magic to change her eye colour and body structure.

On the first note, Her body structure. Ummmmm....How does her structure change?

1)Yah, yah, Sheik looks like she has pecks...we've already been through this. She could have taped them (Zelda isn't perticularily large in the first place) It would not really be that hard.

2) Like i have said a thousand times.....HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS TRIED TO DO THE THINGS SHE DOES! She is flexible to say the least. If there is a guy that can do the splits out there i have not met him yet. I know i can't and if you a re male and you can do the splits.....you have issues.

3) We keep on saying her structure changed ie. her hips. How do you know what her hips looked like before?! She was under a puffy dress. If you can tell the exact shape of someones figure through a puffy dress....go save some people with that x-ray vision superman!

4) We are looking at Zelda (most of us) In the twilight princess model. STOP NOW! This is not the same Zelda. The Zelda in OoT has more blondish hair than brown in her adult form...its more like a dirty blonde which isn't that much of a far cry from blonde if you ask me.

So now down to the eye colour thing. Wooo-hoooo! To change ones eye coulour with magic is a WHOLE lote different than changing ones gendre.

And to finish this off. I am finally starting to understand the whole sheik is a he/she thing. In plain English, Sheik's personallity as Zelda's alter ego is a male, but her physical body is female. So the Sheik ego is a male in personallity but a female in physical body.....(therefore making Sheik a gendrely challenged female, yet still, a female).

Posted (edited)

If we didnt even know what her hips were like before she went and changed into Sheik, how do we even know that Zelda was EVER EVEN FEMALE? Thats my question to you.

And I know quite a few guys in my classes that can do the things Sheik does. And why are you going on about the splits? I HAVE NEVER SEEN SHEIK DO THE SPLITS. You're a very un fleixible guy to say the least. There are plenty of men out there that do acrobatics and yadda yadda that make them flexible.

Here is a video of a dude doing the splits.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YyDs3VjI1oM&feature=related

And another.

Just because YOU cant do the splits and YOURE a very un flexible person, doesnt mean no one else can do it.

Edited by Oh Noes (see edit history)

Posted

I can do a 90 % split here and I'm a guy, I don't have issues. It is part of my martial arts training, so yeah, I'm good at it.

But geeze! Sheik can be said as a male because HE is a HE

Sheik can also be a female because SHE is Zelda.

Zelda = She

Zelda= Sheik

Shiek = He/She

Sheik=Zelda=She

Zelda=Sheik=He/She

Posted

SHE CHANGES SO MUCH!!!

Look at this! The hair completely changes, the shoulders widen, the chest looks completely different, his arms are thicker (More muscle), the head is wider, the feet are longer (If they aren't than they'd poke out of the dress), the pointy-ears are gone!

And this is based on the OoT official art, which is what the game is supposed to look like. This is as canon as it gets.

Don't tell me that her body structure doesn't change, Ralon.

post-561-1209945401_thumb.jpg

post-561-1209945428_thumb.jpg

Posted

THANK YOU GM. You rock. If that isnt proof enough, I dont know what is.

Posted

Thanks Oh Noes. ^_^

Posted

lol! This was the funniest topic to read... ever! Wow, some of you care a lot. Um, basically, in my opinion, Shiek is Zelda is a girl. Honestly, in game, Shiek looks pretty gender neutral. Ruto calls Shiek he (but since when has Ruto been in intelligent authority?) and I doubt Zelda would bother telling her. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and explain appearance changes by using the magic of the Triforce, but changing your appearance doesn't mean you have to change your gender too... why would it have to? She could just change her hair and eyes, and bulk herself up with what she wears. Basically, this just seems like a very silly argument (and brought out some crazy suggestions in this thread lol). How many other stories have a girl dress up like a guy and pass herself off without any trouble at all? Plus, Shiek never hangs out long enough or gets close enough for anybody to ever be able to tell she's a girl. I'm not saying that this is a great add to the argument, but I'll take Nintendo's word for it and thank you all for such an amusing read...

Posted

I say Sheik is a girl. Sheik is Zelda's alter. :sheik:

Posted

I think Sheik is a girl a.) because zelda is a girl <duh...>

b.) if you've played brawl then you would notice that sheik has a realy long braid....how many guys have a braid that long

Thats like asking how many guys wear tights. Link wears tights. :joy:

Posted

Thats like asking how many guys wear tights. Link wears tights. :joy:

Lol. Good point.

Posted

This topic is still going? Wow, that's sad. Well I suppose I'll throw in my little piece of proof that Sheik is a girl: the director of almost all nintendo games including all of the SSB's is Shigiru Myamoto, and therefore, when it is stated in SSBM on the trophy and on the Snake secret taunt that Sheik merely changes eye color, skin color, clothes (nothing else except hair shade), I think most would assume that both Sheiks are female.

Despite my argument however, I expect that everyone posting here will continue to cry over this retarded and pointless topic (don't argue that it does have a point, you'd just be kidding yourselves and you know it), because there is the right to free speach. So, later!

Posted

There is just so much confusion and debate around this topic that I don't even try to figure it out.

But the piece of evidence I would give is that in Wind Waker Ganondorf kidnaps small girls therefore showing that he believes Zelda to be a girl meaning the best disguise for Zelda would be a boy. Seeing as Zelda posseses the Triforce of Wisdom she is most likely smart enough to disguise herself as a boy. But that's just my theory. :zelda:

Posted

This topic is still going? Wow, that's sad. Well I suppose I'll throw in my little piece of proof that Sheik is a girl: the director of almost all nintendo games including all of the SSB's is Shigiru Myamoto, and therefore, when it is stated in SSBM on the trophy and on the Snake secret taunt that Sheik merely changes eye color, skin color, clothes (nothing else except hair shade), I think most would assume that both Sheiks are female.

Despite my argument however, I expect that everyone posting here will continue to cry over this retarded and pointless topic (don't argue that it does have a point, you'd just be kidding yourselves and you know it), because there is the right to free speach. So, later!

There was so much false information in both Samsh Bros games that it's hard to believe anything said in them. I'd like to see better evidence before I'm convinced Shiek is a girl.

Posted

zelda used powerful magic to change her self into sheik

is technecly a girl but phisicly a man