Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Global Warming is a bunch of crap from paranoid people

"man wakes up in mornin and checks thermometer"

HOLY CRAP WAKE UP EVERY ONE! IT'S A 1/100000 OF A DEGREE HOTTER THAN YESTERDAY! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

see?

Posted

You're not looking at the facts. Do you really think that all the CO2 we're pumping into the atmosphere has no effect on our environment at all? I really dislike people who are stubborn as a reinforced Titanium wall. We're not paranoid, the people who first studied global warming weren't paranoid, etc. If anything, it's you who's paranoid. You probably think this is just a conspiracy theory. Most conspiracy theorists are noted for seeming paranoid. We're just logically looking at what has happened. There are charts, there are thorough studies, and there are facts that support them.

The climate can be effected.

When the industry took off in the 1700s, CO2 levels started to skyrocket as people were using fossil fuels for their everyday needs. Eventually, this built up beyond Earth's capacity to recycle it, and as a result, there is an extremely thick blanket of it. Over the past century, the average climate for the U.S. has raised by 1 degree. It's heated up more intensely over the past two decades. If one degree doesn't sound like much, consider this. The difference between the average temperature from modern temperatures to the last ice age, where most of the U.S. was covered in ice sheets, was 9 degrees. Until global warming. Not saying we're supposed to be comfy in cold weather, but global warming could rise past what we have now.

Already, people have increased the amount of CO2, the chief global warming pollutant, in the atmosphere to 31 percent above pre-industrial levels. There is more CO2 in the atmosphere now than at any time in the last 650,000 years. Studies of the Earth’s climate history show that even small changes in CO2 levels generally have come with significant shifts in the global average temperature.

Scientists expect that, in the absence of effective policies to reduce greenhouse gas pollution, the global average temperature will increase another 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit to 11.5 degrees Fahrenheit by 2100.

Even if the temperature change is at the small end of the predictions, the alterations to the climate are expected to be serious: more intense storms, more pronounced droughts, coastal areas more severely eroded by rising seas. At the high end of the predictions, the world could face abrupt, catastrophic and irreversible consequences.

Scientists are no longer debating the basic facts of climate change. In February 2007, the thousands of scientific experts collectively known as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concluded that there is greater than 90 percent likelihood that people are causing global warming. (IPCC, 2007)

(On the arctic region) But today, one cannot venture far enough north to escape global warming. The region has heated up nearly twice as fast as the rest of the globe over the past 50 years, according to a 2004 study assessing climate change in the Arctic. Land-based ice such as glaciers, ice sheets and permafrost and floating ice are vanishing, and the ongoing thaw has profound ramifications for the rest of the world.

And if you don't think this is enough, then you haven't been keeping up with the news lately.

A record heat wave scorched Europe in August 2003, claiming an estimated 35,000 lives. In France alone, 14,802 people died from the searing temperatures—more than 19 times the death toll from the SARS epidemic worldwide. In the worst heat spell in decades, temperatures in France soared to 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) and remained unusually high for two weeks.

This summer's high temperatures also hit other European countries. Germany saw some 7,000 people die from the heat. Spain and Italy each suffered heat-related losses of nearly 4,200 lives. The heat wave claimed at least 1,300 lives in Portugal and up to 1,400 lives in the Netherlands.

Seriously, get your head out of your expensive gas-guzzling tailpipe and inhale some good air once in awhile.

Ignorance is the downfall of the homo sapiens. Don't be the one to slip.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah, see, ice floats, right? But only 1/4 of the ice mass floats above water. So you think Antarctica is big, right? It's bigger than that, and you should probably think twice before contributing to the pollution.

Sahaqiel

If all ice was already in the sea, the sea level would not change at all. Antarctica is a land mass, with ice ON TOP. It's when that ice melts and/or slides into the sea that the sea rises.

P.S it's actually more like a tenth above water

Posted

Global Warming is a bunch of crap from paranoid people

"man wakes up in mornin and checks thermometer"

HOLY CRAP WAKE UP EVERY ONE! IT'S A 1/100000 OF A DEGREE HOTTER THAN YESTERDAY! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

see?

Thank you. Someone else who doesn't care about it. As I said it's getting hotter because the earth is getting closer to the sun, and I know it won't crash for billions of years, but it still is.

Posted

You "belive faimly guy", therefore, your comment is void.

Posted

r they running cars on Electricity and/or Cellulosic Ethanol ?

Posted

You can't deny global warming. You can discuss if it's man-made or not, but the rising of the world seas can't be discussed. Because it is a fact. Well I believe it's man-made and supports the UN climate report.

[sarcasm]THERE'S A REASON THERE IS NO NORTH POLE!!!! AND IT'S NOT OUR FAULT. WE NEED TO BLAME EVERYTHING ON EVERYTHING ELSE. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... [/sarcasm]

Maybe a titbit overdone. And I know that the north pole still exists. There's just no ice.

Yes it's true. Yes I care. I voted 50+ years for it.

Posted

1/10th, then, Ginger. My bad. =O

Anyways, yeah.

Thank you. Someone else who doesn't care about it. As I said it's getting hotter because the earth is getting closer to the sun, and I know it won't crash for billions of years, but it still is.

Wow. =( It's not getting closer. And I swear, if you say the moon is getting closer...

I bet you don't believe in plate tectonics, too.

And even if it were getting closer in billions of years, it's not going to happen in your lifetime or anyone else's lifetime. Stop being a douchebag to the future generation of people. They might consist of your children, your children's children, etc.

You know what burning fossil fuels has an immediate effect on? People on the ground. I went to the Philippines, right? The air was so bad from old vehicles and burning gasoline people literally went to hardware stores to buy masks to cover their faces. It looked like a quarantine zone. Ground level ozone from car exhaust irritates eyes and can trigger asthma attacks. Mexico City's air is godawful. No, you don't even want to know.

I once read a book that said the average American home produces two tons of CO2 yearly. TWO TONS. It's a gas. Think of how much Carbon Dioxide that is. Think of that floating in the air while there aren't enough trees and plants to recycle it all because we keep cutting the trees down. There are millions of homes in America. That's not even covering industrial buildings or vehicle use.

And have you seen Antarctica lately?

Please clear your head! You're using the environment-is-invincible-hahaha-Carbon-Dioxide-is-a-myth approach!

Gahd!

Sahaqiel

Posted

You don't care? Sahaqiel has proven time and time again why we should care with solid info. You keep saying that you don't care about it. Are there any good reasons why you, or anyone else, shouldn't care? :huhwhat:

Posted

because they don't care about anything?

not really a reason, but they probabbly don;t care about that either...

Posted

Wow. =( It's not getting closer. And I swear, if you say the moon is getting closer...

I bet you don't believe in plate tectonics, too.

And even if it were getting closer in billions of years, it's not going to happen in your lifetime or anyone else's lifetime. Stop being a douchebag to the future generation of people. They might consist of your children, your children's children, etc.

You know what burning fossil fuels has an immediate effect on? People on the ground. I went to the Philippines, right? The air was so bad from old vehicles and burning gasoline people literally went to hardware stores to buy masks to cover their faces. It looked like a quarantine zone. Ground level ozone from car exhaust irritates eyes and can trigger asthma attacks. Mexico City's air is godawful. No, you don't even want to know.

I once read a book that said the average American home produces two tons of CO2 yearly. TWO TONS. It's a gas. Think of how much Carbon Dioxide that is. Think of that floating in the air while there aren't enough trees and plants to recycle it all because we keep cutting the trees down. There are millions of homes in America. That's not even covering industrial buildings or vehicle use.

And have you seen Antarctica lately?

Please clear your head! You're using the environment-is-invincible-hahaha-Carbon-Dioxide-is-a-myth approach!

Gahd!

Sahaqiel

No, that's a game, and I know that the moon is not getting closer.

Yes, I belive in plate tectoincs.

I don't think i'll have kids because I can't even get a girlfriend. :( I also know about fossil fuels, and how they grow every millions of years, and I know about Mexico, and asthma, but I like the smell of exaust. I don't know why.

Also of course we're running out of gas, but we need to get around, and I don't like trees because they have bees in them.

No, because I don't go to another contenet with NO LIFE ON IT.

Carbon Dioxide is not a myth, it's what flowers beathe in, but I wish all the flowers were gone too because I have allergies, and force me to stay inside.

You "belive faimly guy", therefore, your comment is void.

Yes I do, and it's not void because I like faimly guy.

You don't care? Sahaqiel has proven time and time again why we should care with solid info. You keep saying that you don't care about it. Are there any good reasons why you, or anyone else, shouldn't care? :huhwhat:

It's getting hotter it's called Summer, it's hot in the summer. Earth is facing the sun so it's hot. It's all fake.

@GL: I care about some things... Just not this.

Posted

I don't think i'll have kids because I can't even get a girlfriend. :( I also know about fossil fuels, and how they grow every millions of years, and I know about Mexico, and asthma, but I like the smell of exaust. I don't know why.

Also of course we're running out of gas, but we need to get around, and I don't like trees because they have bees in them.

No, because I don't go to another contenet with NO LIFE ON IT.

Carbon Dioxide is not a myth, it's what flowers beathe in, but I wish all the flowers were gone too because I have allergies, and force me to stay inside.

It's getting hotter it's called Summer, it's hot in the summer. Earth is facing the sun so it's hot. It's all fake.

ololololol This post makes me feel like the smartest person in the world.

Posted

ololololol This post makes me feel like the smartest person in the world.

I'm sure you do because in the 15 years of life i've learned I am here to be a punching bag, and to make people feel smart. :rolleyes:

No wait that might be true.

Posted

I don't think i'll have kids because I can't even get a girlfriend. -_-.gif I also know about fossil fuels, and how they grow every millions of years, and I know about Mexico, and asthma, but I like the smell of exaust. I don't know why.1

Also of course we're running out of gas, but we need to get around, and I don't like trees because they have bees in them.2

No, because I don't go to another contenet with NO LIFE ON IT.3

Carbon Dioxide is not a myth, it's what flowers beathe in, but I wish all the flowers were gone too because I have allergies, and force me to stay inside.4

It's getting hotter it's called Summer, it's hot in the summer. Earth is facing the sun so it's hot. It's all fake.5

1 - OK, you like exhaust... I'm pretty sure a majority of people don't.

2 - Most trees don't have bees, wtf, man. And there are better ways to get around. Auto companies are using hybrids and there are studies to try to improve emissions.

3 - Sigh... You know there's hundreds to thousands of undiscovered species under Antarctica. Also, penguins, fur seals, mosses, lichen, and many types of algae survive on or in Antarctica. Thanks for supporting the deaths of penguins and fur seals.

4 - Uhm?

5 - Wow, what? The heating studies are on yearly climate. The YEARLY CLIMATE has been increasing. This doesn't mean it's exclusive to Summer. And OK, we're facing the sun? Are you trying to say we're getting closer to the sun again? >__>

Posted (edited)

I don't see how family guy can prove your point, honestly... :unsure:

As Saha has already stated, summer isn't the only season that has a temperature increase...all of the seasons have. Also, when the earth faces the sun, doesn't it just mean it is day time? That cannot explain the overall temperature increase.

Edited by True Gamer (see edit history)