Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

YLA, dude, he's making fun of you because you blindly trust the internet, and noobs normally use excessive punctuation resulting in lack of the shift key towards the end, which is normally a "1" if you're using exclamation marks.

He's calling you an idiot.

Also, that site is pretty biased and probably a cheap conspiracy. Al Gore wants America to suffer? What? Not only that, but he only used three years' worth of data as an example, then he said it was studied for 18 years. He didn't say, "It cooled all those eighteen years". It was the be-vague-and-they'll-believe-me tactic. He hasn't been researching, either. He said there was a severe decrease in long-lived heated days over 90 degrees.

A little research into modern-day temperature trends bears this out. For example, in 1936 the Midwest of the United States experienced 49 consecutive days of temperatures over 90 degrees. There were another 49 consecutive days in 1955. But in 1992 there was only one day over 90 degrees and in 1997 only 5 days.

Funnily enough, CFC's were banned in the major CFC using countries, (About 20 or so including the US) in 1976. So basically, it was only hot after the 1920's during which time CFC's were commonplace and everywhere, and COINCIDENTALLY, the times after CFC's banning were cooler. If anything it shows exactly what kind of things mankind can do to the climate.

It's a very squishy theory, I recommend he do a bit more research...

Anyways, still yet to get solid proof from YLA, only that he "went to an official looking website".

Sahaqiel

Posted

olololllo Sahaqiel, you're the best when you're serious. : )

Posted

Hmmm, the article has:

*No proof

*minimal evidence (the word of a single professor)

*minimal explanation (2 lines of a 5 paragraph article)

*minimal sources (one news site that seems to have no news on global warming)

"The sun is constantly active, emitting particle streams that carry magnetic fields; and they in turn have an influence on the climate of the earth," he says.

Though this is true to an extent, it doesn't say why it effects the earths climate, or the how long the effects may last. It is just speculation.

here you go

page one is an article about global warming

page two explains what it is and why it happens

and page three provides evidence.

Posted

Hmmm, the article has:

*No proof

*minimal evidence (the word of a single professor)

*minimal explanation (2 lines of a 5 paragraph article)

*minimal sources (one news site that seems to have no news on global warming)

Though this is true to an extent, it doesn't say why it effects the earths climate, or the how long the effects may last. It is just speculation.

here you go

page one is an article about global warming

page two explains what it is and why it happens

and page three provides evidence.

Fine I surrender to your website because I bearaly understood any of it, but I still won't belive in it. Everyone has an opinon, and I've learned you should change what people think. Acually I knew that all along, but I don't to fight about it anymore.

Posted

Yeah, the Earth is warming up. We probably are contributing to it a little, but it would happen anyway. It happened a long time ago, and I'm fairly certain that there were no SUV's when the last ice age was starting. The earth did heat up like this before, and it did so without our pollutants.

Posted

You know, I've been thinking, and I believe that conserving materials and cleaning the environment could help us in the long run. However, I still think that global warming is not real and is just a scam to scare people into going green.

Posted

every one ditch your cars :angry:

Posted

Al Gore is an idiot wanting attention. He clams he created the internet, and he doesn't even know if zebras have stripes, or spots. How can anyone belive him.

I want car. I drive in a year, and I won't let him get rid of cars before then.

Posted

Al Gore is an idiot wanting attention. He clams he created the internet, and he doesn't even know if zebras have stripes, or spots. How can anyone belive him.

I want car. I drive in a year, and I won't let him get rid of cars before then.

I myself don't really like Al Gore, but he isn't the only one claiming global warming is real.

Posted

I myself don't really like Al Gore, but he isn't the only one claiming global warming is real.

He started it though, so others are beliveing him.

Posted

He started it though, so others are beliveing him.

I believe Al Gore spread the word once scientists or researchers saw a change in the earth's climate. However, at the time the researchers were not sure if it was a dilemma yet. Al Gore was basically a messenger.

I recall reading this sometime ago, but typed this off memory. I'm too lazy to find it again, though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted

Al Gore didn't start global warming, wtf.

And he's not hellbent on getting rid of cars.

Listen once in awhile. We're facing a fuel crisis. We're not trying to get rid of cars, we're trying to get a cleaner fuel alternative in case our current one runs out or becomes scarcer than it already is, while also trying to lower greenhouse gases and pollution.

You know what air pollution is, right? With or without global warming, air pollution's there. Get over yourself.

"I... WANT... CAR..."

Don't drag the environment down just because you want a car. They don't make you ultra-cool or anything, they're just transportation.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Al Gore didn't start global warming, wtf.

And he's not hellbent on getting rid of cars.

Listen once in awhile. We're facing a fuel crisis. We're not trying to get rid of cars, we're trying to get a cleaner fuel alternative in case our current one runs out or becomes scarcer than it already is, while also trying to lower greenhouse gases and pollution.

You know what air pollution is, right? With or without global warming, air pollution's there. Get over yourself.

"I... WANT... CAR..."

Don't drag the environment down just because you want a car. They don't make you ultra-cool or anything, they're just transportation.

Sahaqiel

The tv told me Al Gore started it.

I know we have a fuel crisis, but it won't stop me from getting a car.

I know there's air pollution, but it has nothing to do with global warming.

Cars are the only way to get around.