Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Uh-oh. Looks like you've got some competition then, FM. :P

Posted

No.

I'm better.

Trust me.

I know this stuff, I'm an expert in this field of science.

Posted

Posted

PEOPLE! THE SMALL SACRIFICE IS WORTH IT!

Posted

I so want a little movie of that on the science channel.

Posted

">

Posted

I can't watch vids at my house. :tongue:

If there's a heat wave stay inside, and if this is true, we'll all dead by next year. :tongue:

Added videos for the rest of the degree rises.

YLA, it basically says that 6 degrees could be enough to cause catastrophes, which would also cause a mass extinction...humans included.

Posted

YLA, it basically says that 6 degrees could be enough to cause catastrophes, which would also cause a mass extinction...humans included.

I know we'll all die. I said and quote...

and if this is true, we'll all dead by next year. :tongue:

Posted

You know, wanting to make the world cleaner is fine, but going around and doing all this doomsaying is going to turn away more people than it attracts. Why can't you guys just show people the proven positive effects of cleaning the environment instead of stating the negative ones?

Posted (edited)

You know, wanting to make the world cleaner is fine, but going around and doing all this doomsaying is going to turn away more people than it attracts. Why can't you guys just show people the proven positive effects of cleaning the environment instead of stating the negative ones?

Because people are more easily scared into doing things than persuaded

I think nothings gonna change in terms of doing anything about it anytime soon. Since the oil companies rule the world. I know they sure as heck aren't gonna do anything about it. They deny that it's even happening.

I expect it'll be two generations from now that anyone really does anything in terms of government. Polar bears, Holland ,and Miami will be gone before anything starts to happen. let alone any positive effects

Edited by Odin (see edit history)

Posted

If people are being scared into going green, then something is wrong. People should help out of their own free will, not because someone tells them they must.

Posted

Poor polar bears. :<

They'll never learn what an apple is, even though they do. :<

Posted

Because people are more easily scared into doing things than persuaded

I think nothings gonna change in terms of doing anything about it anytime soon. Since the oil companies rule the world. I know they sure as heck aren't gonna do anything about it. They deny that it's even happening.

I expect it'll be two generations from now that anyone really does anything in terms of government. Polar bears, Holland ,and Miami will be gone before anything starts to happen. let alone any positive effects

If your tring to scare me it's not working. I'm not afraid of dying.

Posted

No, that's a game, and I know that the moon is not getting closer.

Yes, I belive in plate tectoincs.

I don't think i'll have kids because I can't even get a girlfriend. :( I also know about fossil fuels, and how they grow every millions of years, and I know about Mexico, and asthma, but I like the smell of exaust. I don't know why.

Also of course we're running out of gas, but we need to get around, and I don't like trees because they have bees in them.

No, because I don't go to another contenet with NO LIFE ON IT.

Carbon Dioxide is not a myth, it's what flowers beathe in, but I wish all the flowers were gone too because I have allergies, and force me to stay inside.

Yes I do, and it's not void because I like faimly guy.

It's getting hotter it's called Summer, it's hot in the summer. Earth is facing the sun so it's hot. It's all fake.

@GL: I care about some things... Just not this.

If your theory is true, we'd hit the sun sooner than you think. Besides, this can't be true, because of the moon. The moon is positioned just so, that it appears the same size as the sun. This is why solar eclipses are possible. If the moon was any smaller, it wouldn't cover the sun. If the moon was bigger, there wouldn't be a ring of light around it. If we were closer to the sun, we can say goodbye to solar eclipses. Unless the moon is getting closer too. And then Conan O'brian will be funny and we can all live without war.

Posted

According to the science channel, the moon is getting farther and farther away from the Earth, but it isn't moving fast at all. At an extremely slow speed. I don't remember if it said how many years. Just that it's getting farther away.